NARS 2021 Virtual DTM Championship
The Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters (DTM) has been renowned for years and NARS is pleased to be bringing this exciting style of European touring car competition to our Thursday night racing.
Each venue will feature a 60-minute race, including a mandatory pitstop for a full tire change as well as some variable weather based on annual averages that will include the possibility of rain.
We will be using the United Racing Design T5 mod featuring the Aura, Bayro, and Maures cars with a schedule adapted from the tracks proposed for the 2021 season along with championship conditions that follow, generally, the DTM framework.
The URD T5 mod may be purchased here.
And you must be subscribed to the NARS Trackpack Workshop item at https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2341079087
Tracks & Race Schedule
We will use the following layouts. You must own the respective track for each race to connect to the server.
Round 0 – Anderstorp
Round 1 – Monza
Round 2 – Norisring
Round 3 – Lausitzring
Round 4 – Zolder
Round 5 – Nurburgring GP
Round 6 – Red Bull Ring
Round 7 – TT Circuit Assen
Round 8 – Hockenheim Ring
Round 9 – Spa-Francorchamps
7:00 PM/1900 Eastern – Server Reboot / Practice
9:00 PM/2100 Eastern – Driver Brief/Announcements
9:05 PM/2105 Eastern – Qualification (15 minutes)
9:20 PM/2120 Eastern – Warm-up
9:30 PM/2130 Eastern – Race
- We will use the latest retail build of rFactor 2.
- The damage setting is 75%.
- Crash Recovery is off. That means your car can fly off the track and land upside down. Drive carefully!
- Driving View is open.
- Weather will scaled on the annual average weather conditions for the race as noted for race day.
- There is no pre-registration for the competition. Drivers may join in the racing at any time during the series. However, drivers that have not posted their class and make of car on the NARS #DTM-info channel will not accumulate points until they do so.
- The server name will be “NARS DTM Track Name”.
- Open setups, but we encourage everyone to share!
PRO & AM Group Settings
There will be two classes of racing – PRO and AM as follows:
- Both classes may use AUTO CLUTCH.
- PRO: may not use any other driver aids.
- AM: may use ABS and/or TC on LOW. NO other driving aids permitted.
- Settings will be verified post-race.
- A driver who has used aids in excess of those permitted for their class will be penalized 2 class positions in the race for each additional aid or level of aid used.
- DRS is available. A button mapped to ‘rear wing’ will enable use of this feature.
- Drivers are required to post their class and make of car on the CMS Discord NARS #VDTMC-info channel prior to joining their first race.
- Drivers may make one free change of class and/or car before their third race of the season and have their points recalculated for their new class if this was changed.
- The second change of class or car or a change that occurs after the third event raced by a driver will forfeit all points accumulated to that time.
LiveRacers Timing & Scoring
LiveRacers will be used to record the hot laps and race.
- Rolling start, double file.
- Speed to be managed by polesitter at the pit speed limit.
- Drivers to maintain a gap of 1 car length to the car in front.
- No weaving or sudden acceleration/braking.
- ‘Dragging’ brakes are permitted while maintaining pace lap position.
- The race starts upon crossing the designated start/finish line; no overtaking before this point.
Orange Zone (OZ)
- There will be an OZ designated for each race in the driver notes that will be posted to the CMS Discord NARS #DTM-info channel and noted again in the pre-race brief.
- There will be an automatic review of the OZ post-race.
- One mandatory pitstop during the race that must include a change of all four tires.
- No fueling is permitted, so make sure you have full race fuel at the start.
- The practice server will be active at least 7 days before race day, with no password.
- The race server will be password protected and the password will be available on the CMS Discord NARS #DTM-info channel prior to server reboot on race day.
- We will use the CMS Discord rFactor 2 voice channel for race communications.
- CMS Discord is available at https://discord.com/invite/4ckmjPX
- The voice channel is required, but only to monitor race control during the event. You do not need a microphone if you do not want to speak.
- If you have a microphone, please set it to “push to talk”. If that just doesn’t work for you, PLEASE set the voice-activated audio level up considerably so your coughing, wheezing or sim controls grinding isn’t “shared” with everyone else. Don’t be “that guy”.
- Chatter during free practice is permitted and encouraged! For qualification and races, please be brief in your communication on Discord and talk only if absolutely necessary. One sentence then quiet is requested. No text chat AT ALL during qualification or race.
- Abusive and/or profane in-game chat, Discord, or forum post language may lead to that driver receiving a sanction up to and including a ban from CMS.
- Should a driver join the event server without being in the Discord channel, they will be sent 3 text prompts in rFactor 2 text chat to join the CMS Discord server. After the 3rd prompt, they will be removed from the race server by race control until they rejoin with Discord active and monitoring the race channel.
Custom skin uploading is welcome and encouraged, but please log onto the server a couple of days before the race so your file will get uploaded properly and avoid clogging the server on race day.
For those that wish to paint skins, the URD T5 templates can be downloaded here.
Competition Rules and Stewarding
- This series will conform to the CMS General Competition Rules at https://cmsracing.com/general-competition-rules/.
- All drivers are expected to know the GCR and shall be required to abide by them.
- There are no live stewards.
- A post-race Incident Review Request may be submitted for adjudication with any resultant penalties to be served in the next race competed by the driver(s) at fault.
- The IRR form may be found at https://cmsracing.com/incident-report/.
- rFactor 2 system delegated penalties during races must be served.
- Race control will ONLY have the capability to clear penalties and driver DQ during practice on the race server and then AFTER qualification but before the race.
CMS Gentlemen’s Golden Rule of Racing
Drivers are requested to consider the following if involved in an accident…
Should you turn-around or damage another driver by your error, consider pulling off track in a safe location and waiting for the other driver to proceed in the race.
- Drivers are strongly advised to reboot their computer just before joining the server on race day.
- Don’t use a WiFi connection. Only Ethernet cable connections are permitted for NARS events.
Points will be allocated in each class as follows:
Race: 25 (1st) – 18 – 15 – 12 – 10 – 8 – 6 – 4 – 2 – 1 (10th)
Qualification: 1 (1st)
The lowest score for one race will be dropped for every driver in calculating their series standing.