CMS races rFactor 2 on Thursday nights with an on-going league, the North American Racing Series or NARS. NARS emulates the mixed class racing popularized by organizations like IMSA. The Summer Special Event is a hotlap competition culminating in a 90-minute race at the famed Nordschleife 24 Hour layout.
We will use the Studio 397 GT3 Car Packs. You must own both of these to connect to the server.
GT3 Pack – https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1001/
GT3 Challengers Pack – https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1005/
We will use the Studio 397 Nordschleife 24 Hour layout. You must own the track to connect to the server.
Open server running the 30 hour test day setting until April 28th. On April 28th the server will close, the winners will be announced along with the grid for the 90-minute race on April 30th.
7:00 PM Eastern – Server Reboot / Practice
9:20 PM Eastern – Pre-Race Announcements / Warm-up
9:30 PM Eastern – Feature Race (90 minutes)
- We will use the latest retail build of rFactor 2.
- Damage setting is 100%.
- Crash Recovery is off. That means your car can fly off the track and land upside down. Drive carefully!
- Driving View is open.
- Auto Clutch is available.
- 1x fuel on all cars.
- Weather will always be partly cloudy skies.
- Humidity will be 40%.
- Temperature will be a constant 10 degrees C (50 degrees F).
- Once again there will be Group A and Group B individual championship.
- There is no pre-registration for the competition. Just show up, drive, and have fun!
- Race will be run in dry conditions unless otherwise noted in the specific event thread.
- The server name will be “CMS NARS Green Hell”.
- The server has no password for qualifying sessions.
- The server race password on April 30th is “green” without the quotes.
A & B Group Settings
To attempt to minimize frustration among the greatest number of drivers – and candidly sustain as much interest and participation as possible in the series – we are going to allow driving aids for those that choose to use them. Each driver should decide what they want to use, or not use. There are two unique settings for each Group.
- Group A drivers can use traction control on 1 only and anti-lock brakes on 1 only.
- Group B drivers can use traction control, anti-lock brakes, auto-shifting, and stability control on any setting.
The server is set to allow driving aids. Because rFactor2 cannot separate which cars are which class, drivers will need to set their car settings allowable to their group.
Should a Group A driver use driving aids beyond traction control on 1 and anti-lock brakes on 1, they will be penalized by one race spot for each offense when the results are checked post race at simresults.net. Example: A Group A driver uses traction control on 3 and stability control on 2. They would be penalized 4 spots in the race results and points.
LiveRacers Timing & Scoring
LiveRacers will be used to record the hotlaps and the race.
1) We will use the CMS Discord voice channel for race communications.
3) Comms is required but only to monitor race control during the event. You do not need a microphone if you do not want to speak.
4) If you have a microphone, please set it to “push to talk”. If that just doesn’t work for you, PLEASE set the voice-activated audio level up considerably so your coughing, wheezing or sim controls grinding isn’t “shared” with everyone else. Don’t be “that guy”.
5) A request to drivers to please be brief in your communication on Discord.
6) One sentence then quiet is requested. Abusive and/or profane in-game chat, Discord or forum post language or deliberate crash into competitor’s car may lead to that driver receiving probation, suspension or ban from the league.
7) Comms is required. Should a driver join the event server without being in the Discord channel, they will be sent 3 text prompts in rFactor 2 text chat to join the CMS Discord server. After the 3rd prompt, they will be removed from the race server by race control until they rejoin with Discord active and monitoring the race channel.
1) Custom skin uploading is welcome and encouraged, but please log onto the server a couple of days before the race so your file will get uploaded properly. If everyone waits until race day, it may clog the server and necessitate that we disable custom skin uploading.
CMS General Competition Rules
Penalties can be applied one of 2 ways in the April 30th race:
1) rFactor 2 system delegated penalties. All must be served and are not controlled by the live admins. Most times, admins don’t even know rFactor2 AI has dispensed a penalty!
2) A post race IRR submitted by the driver for review using the General Competition Rules.
CMS Gentlemen’s Rules
Drivers are requested to consider the following if involved in an accident…
1) Should you turn-around or damage another driver by your error, consider pulling off track in a safe location and waiting for the other driver to proceed in the race.
2) Should you crash-out another driver by your error, consider retiring yourself from the race out of respect for the competitor whose race you ended.
Additional Drivers Notes
1) Don’t Press ESC! If you do, your race is over and there is no way for race admins to get you back into the race.
2) Un DQ is available on the server. If a driver gets a DQ. DO NOT TOUCH ANY KEYS ESPECIALLY THE ESC KEY! An admin will see you are DQ’ed and will UNDQ you as soon as possible.
3) Important! If it is still early light turn your headlights on before moving out of the garage or rF2 will DQ you again!
4) Open setups, but we encourage everyone to share!
5) It is strongly advised drivers reboot their computer just before joining the server on race day.
6) Don’t use a WiFi connection. Only Ethernet cable connections are permitted for NARS racing events.