CMS races rFactor 2 on Thursday nights with an on-going league, the North American Racing Series, or NARS.
NARS 2021 VMSC Series
Last year, some great energy was created when the Thursday and Saturday rF2 chapter communities ran a championship in parallel, with many drivers competing on both days. For 2021, we will build on this energy by running the next version of the World Sportscar Championship – the WSC 2021 mod developed in-house here at CMS – again in parallel with the Saturday afternoon chapter.
Cars (LMH & GTE)
Using the official GTE car pack from Studio 397 and URD’s popular Ford GT BOPed for CMS’ use, the WSC 2021 offers a beautifully balanced Grand Touring class.
In the top tier, the McLaren Senna GTR from Studio 397 has been complemented by the Ferrari FXX-K Evo and a radically re-imagined Nissan GT-R LMH concept.
This new hypothetical Hypercar class has also been finely balanced and tested to fit within the FIA’s Hypercar ruleset while maintaining very unique car characteristics.
To acquire the CMS WSC 2021 Mod, connect to the CMS Discord server then the WVSC Category for more information!
Ferrari 488 GTE
Corvette C8.R GTE
We will use the following layouts. You must own the respective track for each race to connect to the server.
Popular Vote Track
60 Minute TEST RACE
Daytona International Speedway Road Course
2.4 Hours of Daytona (USA)
10x time compression
Twin Ring Motegi
60 Minutes of Twin Ring Motegi (Japan)
Sebring International Raceway
1.2 Hours of Sebring (USA)
10x time compression
60 Minutes of Long Beach (USA)
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
60 Minutes of Spa (Belgium)
Circuit de la Sarthe
4.8 Hours of Le Mans (France)
5x time compression
Driver swap event (to be confirmed)
Watkins Glen International
60 Laps of The Glen (USA)
Autodromo Nazionale di Monza
60 Minutes of Monza (Italy)
60 Minutes of Road America (USA)
Fuji International Speedway
60 Minutes of Fuji (Japan)
100 Minutes of Road Atlanta (USA)
Bahrain International Circuit
60 Minutes of Bahrain (Bahrain)
7:00 pm / 1900 Eastern – Server Reboot / Practice
8:55 pm / 2055 Eastern – Driver Brief/Announcements
9:00 pm / 2100 Eastern – Qualification (10 Min GTE / 10 Min LMH)
9:20 pm / 2120 Eastern – Warm-up
9:30 pm / 2130 Eastern – Race
- We will use the latest retail build of rFactor 2.
- The damage setting is 75%.
- Crash Recovery is off. That means your car can fly off the track and land upside down. Drive carefully!
- Driving View is open.
- Auto Clutch is available.
- 2x fuel on all cars.
- Weather will always be live weather conditions.
- Once again there will be PRO and AM individual & team championships.
- There is no pre-registration for the competition. Just show up, drive, and have fun!
- The server name will be “CMS VWSC 21 [track name]”.
- The server race password will be provided 24 hours prior to race day.
PRO & AM Group Settings
To attempt to minimize frustration among the greatest number of drivers – and candidly sustain as much interest and participation as possible in the series – we are going to allow ABS usage for those that choose to use them.
Each driver should decide what they want to use, or not use. There are two unique settings for each Group.
- PRO drivers (LMH-Pro/GTE-Pro) can use ONLY in-setup game aids (both LMHs and GTEs have Traction Control ONLY).
- To change the TC, you are in while driving, please assign a button to your wheel as shown below.
- AM drivers (LMH-Am/GTE-Am) can use anti-lock brakes (ABS), on settings 1-2 but must enable it from the rFactor 2 game aids.
The server is set to allow ABS at 1-2. Because rFactor 2 cannot separate which cars are which class, drivers will need to set their car settings allowable to their group.
Should a PRO driver use ABS from the rFactor 2 game aid menu, they will be penalized by two race spots for each offense when the results are checked post-race. Example: A PRO driver uses the ABS setting on 2. They would be penalized 4 spots in the race results and points.
LiveRacers Timing & Scoring
LiveRacers will be used to record the hot laps and race.
- We will use the CMS Discord rFactor 2 voice channel for race communications.
- CMS Discord is available here.
- The voice channel is required, but only to monitor race control during the event. You do not need a microphone if you do not want to speak.
- If you have a microphone, please set it to “push to talk”. If that just doesn’t work for you, PLEASE set the voice-activated audio level up considerably so your coughing, wheezing or sim controls grinding isn’t “shared” with everyone else. Don’t be “that guy”.
- Chatter during free practice is permitted and encouraged! For qualification and races, please be brief in your communication on Discord and talk only if absolutely necessary. One sentence then quiet is requested. No text chat AT ALL during qualification or race.
- Abusive and/or profane in-game chat, Discord, or forum post language may lead to that driver receiving a sanction up to and including a ban from CMS.
- Should a driver join the event server without being in the Discord channel, they will be sent 3 text prompts in rFactor 2 text chat to join the CMS Discord server. After the 3rd prompt, they will be removed from the race server by race control until they rejoin with Discord active and monitoring the race channel.
Custom skin uploading is welcome and encouraged, but please log onto the server a couple of days before the race so your file will get uploaded properly. If everyone waits until race day, it may clog the server and necessitate the disabling of custom skin uploading.
CMS General Competition Rules
Penalties can be applied one of 2 ways in the series:
1) rFactor 2 system delegated penalties. All must be served and are not controlled by the live admins. Most times, admins don’t even know rFactor2 AI has dispensed a penalty!
2) A post-race IRR (Incident Review Request) submitted by the driver for review using the General Competition Rules.
CMS Golden Rule of Racing
Drivers are requested to consider the following if involved in an accident…
Should you turn-around or damage another driver by your error, consider pulling off track in a safe location and waiting for the other driver to proceed in the race.
Additional Drivers Notes
1) Don’t Press ESC! If you do, your race is over and there is no way for race admins to get you back into the race. Race rejoin is available, but you must unplug your ethernet cable to do so (pc restart is recommended).
2) Important! If it is still early light turn your headlights on before moving out of the garage or rF2 will DQ you! You may also wish to consider using the rF2Headlights plugin which may be found here.
3) Open setups, but we encourage everyone to share!
4) It is strongly advised drivers reboot their computer just before joining the server on race day.
5) Don’t use a WiFi connection. Only Ethernet cable connections are permitted for VWSC racing events.