CMS Touring / GT4 Series
With the success of last season’s GT4 Series at CMS, and the introduction of new TCR Class car at iRacing it seemed only fitting to bring back the multiclass racing from two years ago with more cars to race with!! This season promises to be a mix of cars and circuits, some that are not normally used in the Pilot Series at iRacing, and with 12 regular season races there’s plenty of exciting racing week after week!!
The schedule works around the CMS North American Porsche Cup series, with racing beginning in February and running through the end of May!
This series will race FIXED SETUPS for all cars in the car classes listed below:
Touring (TCR) Class
- Audi RS 3 LMS
- Honda Civic Type R TCR
- Hyundai Elantra N (CN7) TCR
- Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 Clubsport
- BMW M4 GT4
- McLaren 570S GT4
- This series will have 60 and 75 races and a limited fuel tank capacity forcing a pit stop in the race.
- The server race settings will have dynamic sky and weather and a random starting track state.
- Qualifying will be a 10-minute 2-lap solo session.
- Drive-through penalties will be assessed every 20 incident points.
- One fast repair will be available at each race.
The schedule is as follows:
||Red Bull Ring – Grand Prix (Pre-Season)
||Nurburgring Grand Prix Circuit (Pre-Season)
||Oulton Park – Int’l w/o Hislop (Pre-Season)
||Watkins Glen – Boot
||Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
||Silverstone Circuit – Grand Prix
||Brands Hatch – Grand Prix
||Virginia International Raceway – Full Course
||Knockhill – International *
||Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya – Grand Prix
||Road Atlanta – Full Course
||Philip Island Circuit **
||Hockenheimring – National A
||Sebring International Raceway – International
* Tartan Day ** Indy RC if rescan released in S2
This series will not have any drops in the points championship
1st place – 9 points
2nd – 7 points
3rd – 6 points
4th – 5 points
5th – 4 points
6th – 3 points
7th – 2 points
8th to last – 1 point
You must complete 50% of your class race winner’s laps to earn points.
Points will be awarded for each class separately.
Race Night Schedule
- 8:45 PM Eastern US Time – Server Session Opens for Practice
- 9:30 PM Eastern US Time – Qualifying begins
- ~9:40 PM Eastern US Time – Green Flag
- During the pre-season races, drivers are allowed to switch between cars and classes for each race.
- When the season officially starts on February 9th, all drivers will be locked into the class and car they use for their first start of the season.
- Drivers are allowed to make a single car AND/OR class change a SINGLE time voluntarily during the season, however, all points earned to date will be forfeited when they are moved to the new car or class.
- Drivers that wish to change cars will need to notify the series Administrator before the server opens on race night. If the Administrator finds a car change without notification, points for that race will be removed and the driver DQ’d from the standings.
- Drivers are encouraged to pick a car after the pre-season period and stick with it.
- More than one car change will not be allowed.
Rules and Regulations
- The CMS Incident Review Process will be used for driver issues not able to be resolved between the participants.
- All iRacing Sporting Code and CMS General Competition and Community Rules will be enforced at all times in the series as published and current on both the iRacing.com and cmsracing.com websites.
- All members are required and expected to have read and understood the rules and regulations and will be held to the standard of CMS and iRacing at the most professional level.
- Everyone must note the Orange Zone for each race, and understand that any incidents in the OZ are automatically submitted for review by the Administrators and could lead to a penalty.
- It’s common sense, behave like an adult, treat others as you would expect to be treated and you will do very well with CMS.
This series has been created for one purpose only, friendly competition. While we have rules in place, we also don’t intend to add complications or pressure to perform on race night. We all started sim-racing from scratch, and regardless of your experience, we want everyone to feel welcome here. So please, come in and make some friends and we hope you have a great time!