CMS races rFactor 2 on Saturday nights with an on-going league, the Virtual World Sportscar Championship, or VWSC.
VWSC 1971 Historic Series
Relive this exciting year of classic sportscar road racing.
Thanks to the passionate work by Apex Modding, Chief Wiggum, CrossPly, George Angelidis, Jon Uyan, and the CMS Beta testers, the cars from this time have been brought together in a single mod and series to relive the legend that was the 1971 World Sportscar Championship season.
Racers can choose between the Ferrari 512M, Porsche 917K, Alfa Romeo 33/TT/12, and the Lola T70 Mk3B.
All cars have unique car characteristics and all are balanced to be competitive. The work on these cars is nothing short of brilliant. You will feel the thrill, excitement, and subtle terror that the real drivers felt piloting these monsters.
To acquire the CMS WSC ‘71 Mod, connect to the CMS Discord server then the WVSC Category for more information!
We will use the following layouts. You must own the respective track for each race to connect to the server.
Popular Vote track
100 Minutes TEST RACE
Autódromo de Buenos Aires (Historic)
100 Minutes of Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Daytona International Speedway Road Course
2.4 Hours of Daytona Beach (USA)
10x time compression
Sebring International Raceway
1.2 Hours of Sebring (USA)
10x time compression
Brands Hatch Circuit
100 Minutes of Brands Hatch (Great Britain)
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Historic)
100 Minutes of Spa (Belgium)
Circuit de la Sarthe (Historic)
2.4 Hours of Le Mans (France)
10x time compression
3 Giri di Targa Florio (Italy)
Nürburgring (Nordschleife only)
100 Minutes of Nürburgring (Germany)
Autodromo Nazionale di Monza (Historic)
September 11 – 100 Minutes of Monza
100 Minutes of Österreichring (Austria)
Watkins Glen International (Historic)
60 Laps of Watkins Glen (USA)
11:30 AM US EST | 16:30 UTC – Server Reboot/Practice (2 hours)
01:30 PM US EST | 18:30 UTC – Qualifying (20 minutes)
01:50 PM US EST | 18:50 UTC – Drivers’ briefing & warmup (10 minutes)
02:00 PM US EST | 19:00 UTC – Race
• We will use the latest retail build of rFactor 2.
• Damage setting is 75%.
• Crash Recovery is off. That means your car can fly off the track and land upside down. Drive carefully!
• Driving View is open.
• Auto Clutch is available.
• 2x fuel on all cars.
• Weather will always be live weather conditions (to increase unpredictability).
• Once again there will be Pro, Am individual & team championships and a new championship for Purists.
• There is no pre-registration for the competition. Just show up, drive, and have fun!
• The server name will be “CMS VWSC71 [track name]”.
• The server race password will be given 24 hours prior to race day.
PRO, AM & Purist Group Settings
To attempt to minimize frustration among the greatest number of drivers and equipment – and candidly sustain as much interest and participation while emulating the raw feel of the ‘70s – the series will have PRO & AM allowed to use Autoclutch and sequential shifter/paddle use for those that choose to use them.
Each driver should decide what they want to use, or not use. The only difference between PRO & AM categories is the competitiveness of the drivers (more competitive go to PRO, etc.)
There are two unique settings for each Group.
Purist class drivers can ONLY use H-pattern shifter and must use the clutch to shift. There will be a warm-up test sequence to verify their eligibility as well as post-race telemetry analysis to see this is enforced as much as possible.
Should a Purist driver use a sequential shifter/paddle or auto clutch/auto blip from the rFactor 2 game aid menu, they will be penalized by three race spots for first offense when the results are checked post-race and through the official race replay.
A second offense would result in the removal of that driver from the Purist class.
LiveRacers Timing & Scoring
LiveRacers will be used to record the hot laps and the race.
- We will use the CMS Discord rFactor 2 voice channel for race communications.
- The voice channel is required, but only to monitor race control during the event. You do not need a microphone if you do not want to speak.
- If you have a microphone, please set it to “push to talk”. If that just doesn’t work for you, PLEASE set the voice-activated audio level up considerably so your coughing, wheezing or sim controls grinding isn’t “shared” with everyone else. Don’t be “that guy”.
- Chatter during free practice is permitted and encouraged! For qualification and races, please be brief in your communication on Discord and talk only if absolutely necessary. One sentence then quiet is requested. No text chat AT ALL during qualification or race.
- Abusive and/or profane in-game chat, Discord, or forum post language may lead to that driver receiving a sanction up to and including a ban from CMS.
- Should a driver join the event server without being in the Discord channel, they will be sent 3 text prompts in rFactor 2 text chat to join the CMS Discord server. After the 3rd prompt, they will be removed from the race server by race control until they rejoin with Discord active and monitoring the race channel.
Custom skin uploading is welcome and encouraged, but please log onto the server a couple of days before the race so your file will get uploaded properly. If everyone waits until race day, it may clog the server and necessitate the disabling of custom skin uploading.
CMS General Competition Rules
Penalties can be applied one of 2 ways in the series:
1) rFactor 2 system delegated penalties. All must be served and are not controlled by the live admins. Most times, admins don’t even know rFactor2 AI has dispensed a penalty!
2) A post-race IRR (Incident Review Request) submitted by the driver for review using the General Competition Rules.
CMS Golden Rule of Racing
Drivers are requested to consider the following if involved in an accident…
Should you turn-around or damage another driver by your error, consider pulling off track in a safe location and waiting for the other driver to proceed in the race.
Additional Drivers Notes
1) Don’t Press ESC! If you do, your race is over and there is no way for race admins to get you back into the race. Race rejoin is available, but you must unplug your ethernet cable to do so (pc restart is recommended).
2) Important! If it is still early light turn your headlights on before moving out of the garage or rF2 will DQ you! You may also wish to consider using the rF2Headlights plugin which may be found here.
3) Open setups, but we encourage everyone to share!
4) It is strongly advised drivers reboot their computer just before joining the server on race day.
5) Don’t use a WiFi connection. Only Ethernet cable connections are permitted for VWSC racing events.