CMS races on Tuesday nights within the MNRL chapter. MNRL, as a league, has been conducting races since 1998. MNRL is mainly dedicated to running Classic, Historic or Vintage cars. Since joining CMS in late 2016, we have also run a series in some more modern cars by popular demand. MNRL is currently utilizing the highly renowned simulators Automobilista (AMS) and rFactor 2 (rF2) for its races.
MNRL Season 14
Our focus series will feature a new rF2 mod, created by Apex Modding, Chief Wiggum, CrossPly, George Angelidis, Jon Uyan, and the CMS Beta testers named WSC 1971. You will be transported back to 1971 with cars such as the Alfa Romeo T33/TT/12, Ferrari 512M, Lola T70 Mk3B Spyder Chevrolet, and the Porsche 917K. The series will feature tracks used in the real world schedule. Come join us. What Car Will You Choose?
Our second series will be a “club race” themed series, with tracks from around the world using AMS and the Caterham Superlight. We’ll use a race format of: 2×25 minute races at each event with the top 6 inverted in race 2. The mod is brought to AMS by Reiza studios, Part of the Automobilista – Brit Pack. The Caterham Cars are a British manufactured, specialist lightweight sports cars established in Caterham, Surrey, with their headquarters in Crawley, Sussex. Their current model, the Caterham 7 (or Seven), originally launched in 1973, is a direct evolution of the Series 3 Lotus Seven designed by Colin Chapman.
Visit our dedicated forum for MNRL racing!
…and or use the AMS Discord and look for the “Tuesdays – AMS/RF2 (MNRL)” channel
MNRL 1971 Virtual World Sports Car Championship
Series 1 Schedule
- January 5 – 100 Minutes of Buenos Aires
- January 12 – 2.4 Hours of Daytona Beach (USA) -24 hour cycle
- March 2 – 1.2 Hours of Sebring (USA) -12 hour cycle
- March 30 – 100 Minutes of Brands Hatch (Great Britain)
- May 4 – 100 Minutes of Spa (Historic) (Belgium)
- May 18 – 2.4 Hours of Le Mans (Historic) (France) -24 hour cycle
- July 27 – 3 Giri di Targa Florio (Italy)
- August 24 – 100 Minutes of Nürburgring (Nordschleife only) (Germany)
- September 7 – 100 Minutes of Monza (Road Course only) (Historic) (Italy)
- October 12 – 100 Minutes of Österreichring (Historic) (Austria)
- October 26 – 60 Laps of Watkins Glen (Historic) (USA)
- 6:30 PM EST – Server Reboot / Practice
- 8:30 PM EST – Qualifying (20 minutes)
- 8:50 PM EST – Warmup (10 minutes)
- 9:00 PM EST – Race
Caterham Superlight World Tour Championship
Series 2 Schedule
- January 26 – Carolina Motorsports Park
- February 9 – Curitiba
- February 16 – Algarve
- March 16 – Val de Vienne
- April 13 – Cadwell Park
- April 20 – Autopolis
- June 1 – Lime Rock Park
- 7:00 PM EST – Server Reboot / Practice
- 9:00 PM EST – Qualifying (15 minutes)
- 9:15 PM EST – Warmup (5 minutes)
- 9:20 PM EST – Race (50 minutes)
Series 1 and 2 Championship Points are here.
Please check the “Tuesdays – AMS / RF2 (MNRL) info” channel in Discord for pre-race info and start procedures.
Each race will use an orange zone
Orange Zones will be posted within Tuesdays – AMS/RF2 (MNRL) info Channel on Discord
Discord Race Communications
If you do not have Discord installed yet, download the Discord Windows app here.
Note: Don’t use the browser version.
Use this link to join the CMS Discord server.
CMS General Competition Rules
Penalties can be applied one of 2 ways:
1) Automobilista system delegated penalties (all must be served, and are not in race admin control)
2) Upheld Incident Report via Race Review Team
Read the CMS GCR here.
CMS Gentlemen’s Rules
Drivers are requested to consider the following if involved in an accident…
1) Should you turn-around or damage another driver by your error, consider pulling off track in a safe location and waiting for the other driver to proceed in the race.
2) Should you crash-out another driver by your error, consider retiring yourself from the race out of respect for the competitor whose race you ended.