VWSC 1991 Historic Series
Champion Motorsports and Storm Gang Simulation do it again with a totally revamped set of 6 cars from the 1990’s era!
Thanks to work by MAK-Corp, Virtual-LM, Outl@w, and BrianB, SGS has reworked the physics and balance of performance for the Nissan R90CK, Mazda 787b, Sauber C11, Porsche 962c, Peugeot 905 Evo, and ’91 champion, the Jaguar XJR-14.
Using actual data from the era (and through modern references), SGS has done a thorough revamping of the cars while maintaining a smart BoP strategy, meaning each car has unique strengths and weaknesses and an equal chance of taking the win in the right hands. The 1991 WSC Mod is to be run exclusively at CMS during its launch year.
SGS WSC ‘91 Mod – connect to our Discord server for more information!
We will use the following layouts. You must own the respective track for each race to connect to the server.
Popular Vote track
December 18 –TEST RACE 230 Km
Daytona International Speedway Road Course
January 15 – 2.4 Hours of Daytona Beach (USA) (10x time compression)
SGS in-house track
Sebring International Raceway
March 5 – 1.2 Hours of Sebring (USA) (10x time compression)
Suzuka International Racing Course
April 16 – Suzuka 230 Km (Japan)
Autodromo Nazionale di Monza (Road Course only) (Historic)
May 7 – Monza 230 Km (Italy)
Circuit de la Sarthe (Historic)
May 21 – 2.4 Hours of Le Mans (France) (10x time compression)
July 9 – Silverstone 230 Km (Great Britain)
SGS in-house track
August 20 – Nürburgring 230 Km (Germany)
Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours
September 17 – Magny-Cours 230 Km (France)
Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez (Historic)
October 15 – Hermanos Rodriguez 230 Km (Mexico)
October 29 – Autopolis 230 Km (Japan)
11:30 AM US EST|16:30 GMT – Server Reboot/Practice (2 hours)
01:30 PM US EST|18:30 GMT – Qualifying (20 mins)
01:50 PM US EST|18:50 GMT – Drivers’ briefing/Warmup (10 mins)
02:00 PM US EST|19:00 GMT – Race
- We will use the latest retail build of rFactor 2.
- The damage setting is 75%.
- Crash Recovery is off. That means your car can fly off the track and land upside down. Drive carefully!
- Driving View is open.
- Auto Clutch is available.
- 2x fuel on all cars.
- Weather will always be live weather conditions (to increase unpredictability).
- Once again there will be Pro, Am individual & team championships and a new championship for Purists.
- There is no pre-registration for the competition. Just show up, drive, and have fun!
- The server name will be “CMS VWSC91 TrackName”.
The server race password will be given 24 hours prior to race day.
Pro, Am & Purist Group Settings
To attempt to minimize frustration among the greatest number of drivers and equipment – and candidly sustain as much interest and participation while emulating the raw feel of the ‘90s – in the series, we will have Pro & Am allowed to use Autoclutch and sequential shifter/paddle usage for those that choose to use them. Each driver should decide what they want to use, or not use. The only difference between the Pro & Am categories is the competitiveness of the drivers (more competitive go to Pro, etc.) There are two unique settings for each Group.
Purist class drivers can ONLY use an H-pattern shifter and must use the clutch to shift. There will be a warm-up test sequence to verify their eligibility as well as post-race telemetry analysis to see this is enforced as much as possible.
Should a Purist driver use a sequential shifter/paddle or Autoclutch/Autoblip from the rFactor 2 game aid menu, they will be penalized by three race spots for first offense when the results are checked post-race at simresults.net and through race replay. A second offense would result in the removal of that driver from the Purist class.
LiveRacers Timing & Scoring
LiveRacers will be used to record the hot laps and the race.
1) We will use the CMS Discord rFactor 2 voice channel for race communications.
2) CMS Discord is available at https://discord.com/invite/4ckmjPX
3) The voice channel is required, but only to monitor race control during the event. You do not need a microphone if you do not want to speak.
4) If you have a microphone, please set it to “push to talk”. If that just doesn’t work for you, PLEASE set the voice-activated audio level up considerably so your coughing, wheezing or sim controls grinding isn’t “shared” with everyone else. Don’t be “that guy”.
5) Chatter during free practice is permitted and encouraged! For qualification and races, please be brief in your communication on Discord and talk only if absolutely necessary. One sentence then quiet is requested. No text chat AT ALL during qualification or race.
6) Abusive and/or profane in-game chat, Discord, or forum post language may lead to that driver receiving a sanction up to and including a ban from CMS.
7) Should a driver join the event server without being in the Discord channel, they will be sent 3 text prompts in rFactor 2 text chat to join the CMS Discord server. After the 3rd prompt, they will be removed from the race server by race control until they rejoin with Discord active and monitoring the race channel.
Submitted & Custom Skins
There will be 3-4 updates throughout the season where liveries could be accepted to be added to the mod. If you miss those dates and still want to run your livery, Custom skin uploading is welcome and encouraged, but please log onto the server a couple of days before the race so your file will get uploaded properly. If everyone waits until race day, it may clog the server and necessitate the disabling of custom skin uploading.
CMS General Competition Rules
Penalties can be applied one of 2 ways in the series:
1) rFactor 2 system delegated penalties. All must be served and are not controlled by the live admins. Most times, admins don’t even know rFactor2 AI has dispensed a penalty!
2) A post-race IRR (Incident Review Request) submitted by the driver for review using the General Competition Rules.
CMS Golden Rule of Racing
Drivers are requested to consider the following if involved in an accident…
Should you turn around or damage another driver by your error, consider pulling off track in a safe location and waiting for the other driver to proceed in the race.
Additional Drivers Notes
1) Don’t Press ESC! If you do, your race is over and there is no way for race admins to get you back into the race. Race rejoin is available, but you must unplug your ethernet cable to do so (pc restart is recommended).
2) Important! If it is still early light turn your headlights on before moving out of the garage or rF2 will DQ you! You may also wish to consider using the rF2Headlights plugin which may be found at https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/headlight-controls.63904/
3) Open setups, but we encourage everyone to share!
4) It is strongly advised drivers reboot their computer just before joining the server on race day.
5) Don’t use a WiFi connection. Only Ethernet cable connections are permitted for VWSC racing events.