CMS races rFactor 2 on Saturday nights with an on-going league, the Virtual World Sportscar Championship, or VWSC. VWSC emulates the mixed class racing popularized by organizations like WEC & IMSA.
The Inaugural VWSC Series
Weekend endurance racing returns to Champion Motorsports with the announcement of the VWSC! Reprising the popular CMS weekend racing series of the mid-2010s better known as the WRS, the new VWSC introduces rFactor 2 cars and tracks not previously run in the WRS.
We will use the Studio 397 Oreca 07 LMP2 and a custom-made adaptation of URD’s EGT mod for Champion Motorsports’ use. You must own both to connect to the server.
Oreca 07 LMP2 – https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/17/
CMS GTE Pack – Connect to our Discord server for more information!
Tracks & Provisional Calendar
We will use the following layouts. You must own the respective track for each race to connect to the server.
Algarve International Circuit – TEST RACE
May 30 – 60 Minutes of Algarve (Portugal)
Daytona International Speedway Road Course
June 27 – 60 Minutes of Daytona (USA)
Sebring International Raceway
July 11 – 60 Minutes of Sebring (USA)
July 25 – 60 Minutes of Road America (USA)
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
August 8 – 60 Minutes of Spa (Belgium)
August 29 – 60 Minutes of Laguna Seca (USA)
September 12 – 2.4 Hours of Le Mans (France) (10x time compression)
Watkins Glen International
September 26 – 60 Minutes of Watkins Glen (USA)
October 10 – 100 Minutes of Road Atlanta (USA) (10x time compression)
Sebring International Raceway
November 7 – 1.2 Hours of Sebring (USA) (10x time compression)
Bahrain International Circuit
November 28 – 80 Minutes of Bahrain (Bahrain)
11:30 AM Eastern – Server Reboot / Practice
01:30 PM Eastern – Qualifying (10 mins LMP2|10 mins GTE)
01:50 PM Eastern – Pre-Race Announcements / Warm-up
02:00 PM Eastern – Feature Race
- We will use the latest retail build of rFactor 2.
- The damage setting is 100%.
- Crash Recovery is off. That means your car can fly off the track and land upside down. Drive carefully!
- Driving View is open.
- Auto Clutch is available.
- 2x fuel on all cars.
- Weather will always be live weather conditions.
- Once again there will be Pro and Am individual championships.
- There is no pre-registration for the competition. Just show up, drive, and have fun!
- The server name will be “CMS VWSC TrackName”.
- The server race password will be given 24 hours before race day.
Pro & Am Group Settings
To attempt to minimize frustration among the greatest number of drivers – and candidly sustain as much interest and participation as possible in the series – we are going to allow ABS usage for those that choose to use them. Each driver should decide what they want to use, or not use. There are two unique settings for each Group.
Pro drivers (LMP2/GTE-Pro) can use ONLY in-setup game aids (both LMP2s and GTEs have Traction Control ONLY). In GTE you must select 1 Traction Control Mode you will be in the race (Conservative = high TC, Intermediate and Aggressive = low TC). Within each mode, you have 4 maps you can select and tune in-game.
To change the map, you are in while driving, please assign a button to your wheel as shown below. ABS mapping is doing nothing since ABS is not allowed in the GTE-Pro class and thus not needed to be assigned.
Am drivers (LMPC/GTE-Am) can use anti-lock brakes (ABS), on settings 1-2 but must enable it from the rFactor 2 game aids. Similarly, they can change the ABS mapping while driving similarly to TC as shown above.
The server is set to allow ABS at 1-2. Because rFactor 2 cannot separate which cars are which class, drivers will need to set their car settings allowable to their group.
Should a Pro driver use ABS from the rFactor 2 game aid menu, they will be penalized by two race spots for each offense when the results are checked post-race at simresults.net. Example: A Pro driver uses ABS on 2. They would be penalized 4 spots in the race results and points.
LiveRacers Timing & Scoring
LiveRacers will be used to record the hotlaps and the races.
1) We will use the CMS Discord voice channel for race communications.
2) CMS Discord is available here.
3) Comms are required but only to monitor race control during the event. You do not need a microphone if you do not want to speak.
4) If you have a microphone, please set it to “push to talk”. If that just doesn’t work for you, PLEASE set the voice-activated audio level up considerably so your coughing, wheezing or sim controls grinding isn’t “shared” with everyone else. Don’t be “that guy”.
5) A request to drivers to please be brief in your communication on Discord.
6) One sentence then quiet is requested. Abusive and/or profane in-game chat, Discord, or forum post language or deliberate crash into competitor’s car may lead to that driver receiving probation, suspension, or ban from the league.
7) Comms are required. Should a driver join the event server without being in the Discord channel, they will be sent 3 text prompts in rFactor 2 text chat to join the CMS Discord server. After the 3rd prompt, they will be removed from the race server by race control until they rejoin with Discord active and monitoring the race channel.
Custom skin uploading is welcome and encouraged, but please log onto the server a couple of days before the race so your file will get uploaded properly. If everyone waits until race day, it may clog the server and necessitate that we disable custom skin uploading.
CMS General Competition Rules
Penalties can be applied one of 2 ways in the series:
1) rFactor 2 system delegated penalties. All must be served and are not controlled by the live admins. Most times, admins don’t even know rFactor2 AI has dispensed a penalty!
2) A post-race IRR submitted by the driver for review using the General Competition Rules.
CMS Gentlemen’s Rules
Drivers are requested to consider the following if involved in an accident…
Should you turn-around or damage another driver by your error, consider pulling off track in a safe location and waiting for the other driver to proceed in the race.
Additional Drivers Notes
1) Don’t Press ESC! If you do, your race is over and there is no way for race admins to get you back into the race. Race rejoin is available, but you must unplug your ethernet cable to do so (pc restart is recommended).
2) Important! If it is still early light turn your headlights on before moving out of the garage or rF2 will DQ you!
3) Open setups, but we encourage everyone to share!
4) It is strongly advised drivers reboot their computer just before joining the server on race day.
5) Don’t use a WiFi connection. Only Ethernet cable connections are permitted for VWSC racing events.