With the introduction of Assetto Corsa Competizione into the sim racing world and months of testing completed, we’re proud to announce our next Monday Night Series!
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Our ACC series has seen great success since our first season; with significant growth throughout our seasons and a thriving partnership with SRO America to bring the GT Rivals series to life, we’re proud to see how much our community has been able to offer. So first, thank you to all of our drivers, stewards and admins whose dedication to the series has made all of this possible!
Now, onto what everyone has been waiting for: CMS ACC Season 5 – MULTICLASS!
Discord is required for those wishing to race with us; before every event we hold a pre-race discussion with key details specific to the event. You can join us on the CMS Discord server here.
If you have any questions you can feel free to ask a question in the ACC League channel on our discord. Drivers of any skill level are welcome; whether you’re new to sim racing or a seasoned veteran, there’s great racing to be had here!
All cars from either the 2018 or 2019 season will be allowed in our GT3 Championship and all GT4 cars.
The car that the driver(s) in question use during the first race is the car they will be forced to use for the remainder of the season.
Drivers will be allowed one car swap within the season in case they’re unhappy with their current choice; however this will come at a cost of all championship points earned up to the point of the swap, so please keep that in mind!
8:50 PM EST – Mandatory Pre-race talk in Discord
9:00 PM EST – Server Restart / Practice Start
11:15 PM EST – Finish
The race starts will include a full formation lap; during this lap, the following regulations are expected:
- We will be running a full free formation lap. During this lap, the lead car is expected to maintain a speed of 100km/h or 60 mp/h during a single file, and a speed of 60 km/h or 37 mp/h during a double file.
- Drivers are expected to switch to double file at the start of the third sector.
- GT4 cars are to be starting right behind the GT3 cars with NO gap. GT3 cars that fail to set a valid qualifying time will be starting in the back of the field, behind the GT4 cars.
- GT3 and GT4 cars WILL BE qualifying at the same time.
- GT4 cars will be asked to wait 45 seconds before leaving the pit lane at the beginning of the session. This will give the GT3 cars time to get two or three clean laps in
- Passing is allowed, it is expected to be done quickly, cleanly, and fairly.
- Each race will use an orange zone, a zone where drivers are required to be extremely cautious when performing an overtake or defending.
- Orange Zones will be posted within the specific event thread on Discord.
- Reported incidents that occur within the OZ will be handled more severely than normal, so please keep this in mind when racing!
- Blue Flags are advisory flag only.
- It is expected that the slower car (GT4) will MAINTAIN NORMAL RACING LINE and the GT3 car is expected to make the pass cleanly, without hindering the GT4 car. This may mean that the GT3 car has to hold position behind the GT4 car until a straight.
- THE GT4 CAR IS NOT EXPECTED OR REQUIRED TO MOVE OVER!
- All other blue flag rules can be found in the General Competition Rules.
Driver classes are determined by the performance of a driver through pre-season testing and over the course of the season itself.
Two classes are available:
- Split 1 – The fastest drivers, and the measuring stick we use to evaluate all other drivers’ pace.
- Split 2 – Those who make up the lower portion of the field, and may struggle with outright pace or consistency.
Drivers are evaluated based on their best 6 lap average turned on the qualifying server. The lap times must all be completed and valid within a single qualification session to count! The lap times are pooled and compared against one another to determine where a driver stacks up against the rest of the field, resulting in a single number for their Driver Rating.
The classes are scored as such:
- 100-70: Split 1.
- 70-0: Split 2.
Drivers who recently joined and do not have a prior record must run on the qualifying server in order to receive a rating. Drivers who were present in the previous season will have their previous Driver Rating determine their Class until a result is given on the qualifying server.
Drivers are allowed to improve their runs on the qualification server, though do note that we’ll only update your time if the average time of the entire run is quicker than your previous average.
Please change your in-game name to your real name to make the results easier to track!
To determine your Driver Rating and classification, you can find the following servers:
GT3 Server Name: cmsracing.com – DR Qualifying Server – GT3
Server Password: cmsrocks
GT4 Server Name: cmsracing.com – DR Qualifying Server – GT4
Server Password: cmsrocks
Championship Classes, Points, and Scoring
Race Points System
|1st = 50 pts
|2nd = 45 pts
|3rd = 40 pts
|4th = 36 pts
|5th = 33 pts
|6th = 30 pts
|7th = 27 pts
|8th = 24 pts
|9th = 21 pts
|10th = 19 pts
|11th = 17 pts
|12th = 15 pts
|13th = 13 pts
|14th = 11 pts
|15th = 10 pts
|16th = 9 pts
|17th = 8 pts
|18th = 7 pts
|19th = 6 pts
|20th = 5 pts
|21st = 4 pts
|22nd = 3 pts
|23rd = 2 pts
|24th and below = 1 pt
Drivers must complete 50% race distance of the leader’s total lap count to score points.
Each class will be scored independently.
At the end of each race, points will be awarded to drivers that have excelled in a particular category. Available bonus points are:
- Pole Position: The fastest qualifier in each class will be awarded 1 bonus point in the Endurance format, at 0.5 points per race in the Sprint format.
- Fastest Lap: The driver who sets the fastest lap in their class during the race will be awarded 1 bonus point in the Endurance format, at 0.5 points per race in the Sprint format.
Each driver is required to take two drop rounds during the season, where their worst results are dropped from the championship; however, any round in which you serve a penalty (not receive) cannot be nominated as your drop round.
Note: Drop rounds are handled in the same fashion for teams! The two worst combined results from a team will be dropped from the season, however, if either driver serves a penalty in a race, that race cannot be counted as a drop round.
- Drivers may team up to form teams of two; the only restriction is that drivers must be within the same split in order to be teammates!
- For Split 1, teams with a combined rating over 165 will see a penalty applied to their points for the championship.
- For Split 2, teams with a combined rating over 125 will see a penalty applied to their points for the championship.
- Note that these classifications are determined by your Driver Rating. If you do not have a Driver Rating yet, you must run on our qualifying server in order to have an initial rating applied before applying for a team.
- There will be two servers running. Split 1 is for drivers rated over 70 and Split 2 is for driver rating 69.9 and below.
- Server will be using a password and will NOT rely on the ACC rating system.
- Weather will always be set to dynamic; while we can influence the weather to a minor degree, we will not be guaranteeing any conditions for a particular event.
- Pitstop regulations will be shared with the relevant upcoming event and will be discussed during the pre-race meeting.
Timing & Scoring
We will be using ACC’s results files from the server to keep track of all race results and timing.
- We will use the Discord ACC channel for race communications.
- CMS Discord information is available here.
- Comms are required, but only to monitor race control during the event. You do not need a microphone if you do not want to speak.
- If you have a microphone, please set it to “push to talk” or “toggle mute”. If that just doesn’t work for you, please set the voice-activated audio level up considerably so your coughing, wheezing or sim controls grinding isn’t “shared” with everyone else. Don’t be “that guy”.
- A request to drivers to please be brief in your communication on Discord.
- One sentence then quiet is requested. Abusive and/or profane in-game chat, Discord or forum post language or deliberate crash into a competitor’s car may lead to that driver receiving probation, suspension or ban from the league.
- During practice sessions, more open discussion is welcome, however during qualifying and the race please minimize communications to allow all drivers to focus.
Reporting an Incident
If you are involved in an incident of any sort during any session, please report it here. Please include which session and at what time in the session the incident took place, as well as a brief description of what occurred.
- Custom skins are allowed and encouraged; client-side liveries will work just fine.
- We will be referring to the CMS Master Number List as a priority; all drivers not on the list will be able to claim their number on a “first come, first serve” policy in the ACC Discord channel.
- NOTE: The Lexus does NOT support custom liveries, however, custom driver numbers will work.
CMS General Competition Rules
Penalties can be applied one of 2 ways:
- ACC system delegated penalties
- During qualifying and races, all penalties must be served, as there will not be an admin available to review during the session.
- During practice sessions, warnings and drive-throughs will be cleared upon request to prevent drivers from losing session time.
2. Upheld Incident Report via Race Review Team
- Incidents that occur will generally be left up to the drivers to submit a report form unless a significant number (3 or more) drivers are involved in the incident.
Read the CMS GCR here.
Additional Drivers Notes
- We will attempt to clear any penalties a driver receives in practice, however, no action will be taken during the race or qualifying.
- Open setups are allowed, but we encourage everyone to share!
- It is highly recommended drivers reboot their computer just before joining the server on race day.
- Don’t even think of using a WiFi connection. Only Ethernet cable connections permitted for events.
Comments / Suggestions
Please add them to the Monday ACC Discord discussion thread.