Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Should we do a fun run series with the karting mod?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!!!

6 66.67%
  • no (I'm a party pooper)

3 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karting fun runs?

hachi kid Guest

Lightbulb Karting fun runs?

so, I just recently discovered this karting mod for rFactor. and my friend (Barrett Rolph) and I were running some laps in it earlier today, and it is AWESOME!!!! It was fun enough with just Barrett and I being nose to tail for 5+ laps, but with 10-20-30 people on the track at the same time!!! OMG! And, I've done the decent thing and packaged all the kart mods (ICA/Formula A/KF1/Superkarts) and tracks up into one 566mb file and uploaded it on my filefront (see link below). so, would you guys be interested in running a fun run series? I've got a video below to persuade you guys, too!

rFactor Karting : Xpless

Karting mods and tracks
    http://files.filefront.com/kart+pack.../fileinfo.html

:EDIT: karting pack updated!

Joseph.
    Last edited by hachi kid; 08-04-2008 at 10:35 PM.

Where are you located Joseph.?The reason I ask is because if a Karting fun mini series was accepted by the admins,what time would you want it run at.?[GMT+/-?].
    Joe.

hachi kid Guest

I live in Madison, MS (GMT -6:00). hmm. I'll have to see when my school starts, and when everyone can make it...but, does 8pm CST on a friday sound good? if not, anyone have any suggestions?

:EDIT: I see this idea has 80% of the popular vote!

Joseph.
    Last edited by hachi kid; 08-04-2008 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hachi kid View Post
    I live in Madison, MS (GMT -6:00). hmm. I'll have to see when my school starts, and when everyone can make it...but, does 8pm CST on a friday sound good? if not, anyone have any suggestions?

:EDIT: I see this idea has 80% of the popular vote!

Joseph.
    If the admins ok it,I could run a mini series on my server [it is UK based] at that time.But only if it does not clash with any other CMS events and like I said the admins would have to ok it.?

hachi kid Guest

also, would anyone be against running teamspeak? for some reason, Vent isn't recognizing my mic. and I think that could be good cause I have a few friends that aren't members of this board that would love to run this fun run series. we could run it sorta like ILMS. affiliated, but not an official CMS series. if that's ok with the admins, we could keep all the info on this board just to keep the head count during a race up rather than using a different board and site, and whatnot.

Joseph.

p.s.: btw Joe, did you download the link already? cause I made some updates to the link and just uploaded a new file. if you did, just pm me, and I'll send you the links to get the additional content so you don't have to DL a new pack all over again.
    Last edited by hachi kid; 08-04-2008 at 10:37 PM.

I will dowload the files when [if] the admins say it is ok to do it.
    Contact David Anderson with the details and ask for his opion of them.
    As for TeamSpeak and Ventrilo,I do not have a server for them installed on my server but you could still use them by using another TS or Vent server.
    Joe.
    Last edited by Joe Owens; 08-02-2008 at 02:14 PM.

hachi kid Guest

well, go ahead and try the mod. my friend and I do some random races. I could give you a call whenever we are about to do that so you can join us. it is probably the most fun mod avaliable for rFactor! they are a hoot!

Joseph.
    Last edited by hachi kid; 08-04-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hachi kid View Post
    well, go ahead and try the mod. my friend and I do some random races. I could give you a call whenever we are about to do that so you can join us. it is probably the most fun mod avaliable for rFactor! they are a hoot!

Joseph.
    I think I misunderstood your post Joseph,I thought that you needed a server to run the races.?
    Joe.

hachi kid Guest

well, Barrett can put up a server for me and him. but, I wanted to try and persuade CMS to do some fun runs with the mod cause it is easily the most fun I've ever had in rFactor!

Joseph.
    Last edited by hachi kid; 08-04-2008 at 11:36 PM.

Sam Winemiller Guest

Yes these karts are a lot of fun, it would be a blast to have a track full of real racers.