Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Schuman Wins at Fontana in Champ Car Finale!!! - Stories Here!

Arrow Paul Schuman Wins at Fontana in Champ Car Finale!!! - Stories Here!

WOW that was fun!!!! Congrats to Paul Schuman for the win! By .095 seconds over Drew McLean!!! That was a great time guys -- really enjoyed it ... thanks for supporting the Champ Car Series and making it such fun these last 6 weeks.

HERE Are the Results From Tonight
    and here is the
    SERVER replay

David
    Last edited by davidan; 07-28-2008 at 08:51 AM.

my personal motorsports blog

Bump! Awesome Race!

Quote Originally Posted by davidan View Post
    WOW that was fun!!!! Congrats to Paul Schuman for the win! By .095 seconds over Drew McLean!!! That was a great time guys -- really enjoyed it ... thanks for supporting the Champ Car Series and making it such fun these last 6 weeks.

HERE Are the Results From Tonight

David
    Results are now available in the first post.

klydon Guest

Wow that was so fun.Gratz to paul for the win.Fast as allways.Good job to everyone that drove tonight.Best ovell racing i have done in a long time.I think i had a car that could have got on the podium tonight,But going into turn 2 a small low flying bird got sucked into my air intake and blew my motor(i hit power to pass to many times in a row SHHH)RACE OVER.Man hope we do more ovel races in the futher that was so fun.Bring on the next fun series.Im rdy

Would like to say I had a good race but I can't it didn't last long enough..I can say I had a great car (thanks for the set up David )But in the first few laps someone pushed me into the wall so my steering was a bit off..still had a good car though and was able to play catch up..and actually raced for the lead..but then a lap or so later I got spun from behind and crashed out on the front stretch..good one
    Hated going out that way because it was the last race of the series...and I actually had a good car (thanks again David!) but thats racing.

6. Default

Congrats Paul Fun battle at the end. All I could hope for was to pass you on the last lap. I practiced it a few times but when the time came I just couldnt get it done lol. Thanks everyone for letting me come play on the ovals Drew M.

That was fun! I almost didn't make it, so Thnx for the setup David, would've been lost otherwise. I would love to do more open wheel ovals, if the cars didn't skate all over the track like they do. Its like bad latency or something. I know they wander on their own, but what I was seeing reminded me of my early days in N4. I joined a league with a guy I met on the Sierra servers, he was from Maine, and on dial-up. Man, trying to draft with him was just about impossible!!!!
    Congrats to the podium and everyone that took part in this series.
    Rat Pack Motors
    "Where the Silver Lining is Tainted with Lead"

Unsafe at any Speed

Congrats Paul

Thanks guys, that was really something, most fun I've probably ever had racing.... and now I figure I can tell you my dirty secret to having grip in the corners... red tires, I know in at least Drew's setup it was the blacks and that's the only reason I can think of for me having more grip there. At any rate, thanks for all the clean racing. My disconnect to fix the hud issues really did me in in terms of pit stall, went from 3rd to the end to mid pit road. At any rate, thanks to Drew for the setup. Those were some crazy last ten laps.

IRL mod for the next fun series anyone? lol.

Quote of the night has to be Tim (I think), "Hey Drew, Tyler, you guys know what a freight train is?" and one of them said, "What it's going to take to get past Paul." I was laughing so hard almost lost the car lol.

Thanks again guys, see you Tuesday or Thursday (Thursday being where he reasserts his dominance of the GT2 class lol).

klydon Guest

Could someone post a replay of the race.I had mine turned off...thx