Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disneyworld!!

Default Disneyworld!!

I just made reservations to go to Disneyworld with my family in August. We have been once before about 4 years ago and it was by far the best vacation we have ever had. I think I am looking forward to it more than my kids! I think Philip has been before if I remember correctly. If anyone has been recently and has any info on new stuff that is there now that was not when I was there before please post info you may have.
    We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge Resort. Last time we stayed off site so we thought we would try this to get more of the atmosphere. My wife is apprehensive because it was so perfect last time but everyone she talks to that has been multiple times say it is better each time you go.
    I know it is cheesy for a 42 year old man to be this hyped about Disneyworld but I am really looking forward to going again!!

Ricky, I worked there one summer when I lived in Orlando and I haven't been back since but I'm really wanting to go and I'm 46 so don't feel bad

Quote Originally Posted by Rickypro View Post
    I just made reservations to go to Disneyworld with my family in August. We have been once before about 4 years ago and it was by far the best vacation we have ever had. I think I am looking forward to it more than my kids! I think Philip has been before if I remember correctly. If anyone has been recently and has any info on new stuff that is there now that was not when I was there before please post info you may have.
    We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge Resort. Last time we stayed off site so we thought we would try this to get more of the atmosphere. My wife is apprehensive because it was so perfect last time but everyone she talks to that has been multiple times say it is better each time you go.
    I know it is cheesy for a 42 year old man to be this hyped about Disneyworld but I am really looking forward to going again!!
    Cool,
    I did the Richard Petty thing when I was there!! It was awesome

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ailPage&bhcp=1

Buzz lightyear was really fun too! Ahh crap I could go on and on. The richard petty thing is at disneys track. Its a smaller version of Pocono raceway and is way fun to do.

Quote Originally Posted by gunny View Post
    Cool,
    I did the Richard Petty thing when I was there!! It was awesome

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ailPage&bhcp=1

Buzz lightyear was really fun too! Ahh crap I could go on and on. The richard petty thing is at disneys track. Its a smaller version of Pocono raceway and is way fun to do.

Thanks Gunny. I didn't even know they had this there. I will look into this for sure!

Also...make sure you check the schedule at the House of Blues right there at Disney.
    You can usually catch some awsome Rock bands there.
    I went to the HOB in Chicago when Pearl Jam opened for the Who a couple years ago.
    It ROCKED!

I've been twice in the last 4 1/2 years and had just as much fun the second go around. It's going to be hot in August! We did Oct. when the kids were younger in grade school and June the second time and June wasn't toobad temp wise. Animal Kingdom has the new Yeti coaster which is a blast and Soar'n in Epoct is great too. You'll need to fastpass both of them to make sure you get a shot to ride them. Mission Space is great if you didn't do that the first go around.
    We were planning to go again this year but we had to replace the engine in our van. I really want to try a Disney Cruise.
    Rest assured your wife should have to worry about not having fun.
    I have no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Upchurch View Post
    I've been twice in the last 4 1/2 years and had just as much fun the second go around. It's going to be hot in August! We did Oct. when the kids were younger in grade school and June the second time and June wasn't toobad temp wise. Animal Kingdom has the new Yeti coaster which is a blast and Soar'n in Epoct is great too. You'll need to fastpass both of them to make sure you get a shot to ride them. Mission Space is great if you didn't do that the first go around.
    We were planning to go again this year but we had to replace the engine in our van. I really want to try a Disney Cruise.
    Rest assured your wife should have to worry about not having fun.
    Thanks for the info Dave. I didn't ride too many of the big rides the first time because my kids were 4 and 8 and my wife didn't want anything to do with them. My daughter is 13 now so hopefully she will be my coaster buddy!

My then 6yr old couldn't ride some of the screamers the first time and was upset as I could get. Second time she rode everything, as a 8yr old. At one of the waterparks, she said that she had to "face her fears" and do this super high waterslide, that was said by an 8yr. Funny as hell. Only went to Blizzard Beach waterpark, but it was a fun day, and you can get some more stuff in too if you leave a bit early from it.
    I have no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickypro View Post

Ricky, that's not cheesey at all....my wife, son and I are going in 2 weeks and I'm 10 times more excited than they are!!

We went back in the Spring of 2000 waiting till my son was big enough to go on any ride at the park (we bought a guide book at Barnes and Noble which gave us the minimum requirements for everything in the park, talk about worthwhile!)...we stayed at the All-Star Sports Resort that first time, and while it was great to be on site that place didn't really appeal to us as it felt like a Holiday Inn with a football field in the middle of it...but we really didn't spend much time there anyway! This year we've scheduled staying at the Port Orleans Resort, so I'm really looking forward to the change of scenery.

We hit the Animal Kingdom first on a Saturday morning, and it was absolutely fantastic!! The safari is the best part, although the Yetti coaster looks to be tough to top...can't wait to get on it! The best thing about staying at Disney Resorts is being able to get into the parks an hour earlier than the general public, which means no lines and the safari ride is best first thing in the morning as the animals are really active and everywhere!

The second day we went to the Movie Studios and it was my favorite of all the parks...the Aerosmith coaster is absolutely incredible to ride, and my son who was 8 at the time got on every ride with me and had a blast! We went to the Magic Kingdom the next day, but that park caters more to small children and my son had no interest in anything there....so we left after only a few hours and hitting Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland. Be sure and hit the train coaster as well...that thing is a blast! We took that afternoon to rest up and went to Epcot the next day and spent from open to close of the park there and I still don't think we really took in everything there! It was a great place for anyone interested in technology, and you will love the Test Track experience

We stayed for 6 nights, and spent the first night at Downtown Disney which has several really cool shops for souvenirs and clothing, but my favorite stop was the HUGE Lego Store!!

The last full day there we decided to try out Universal Park and it was better than we expected and better than Disney in some ways. It has features related to movies of course, like Men In Black (a GREAT ride!), Terminator 3D, and a Jaws ride that is soooo fun! If you have time, you need to see this place...we put it on our schedule this year, spending two days there (it has two parks, so we're seeing one each day) and skipping Magic Kingdom this time.

As you can see, I'm really excited about going and while my son's 15 and acts like he's not interested, I know once we get there he'll turn into a little kid again

Hope you have a great time Ricky, but I'm pretty sure no one has to tell you that!
    Tim Collier
    Can Am Racing

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-4790k @ 4Ghz | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

Tim, Port Orleans was our second choice. We looked at the Sports resort but you are right. It did look like a pretty run of the mill room so we went with the "middle" priced resort. I was not aware that we could get in an hour earlier than the off site people! That will be cool. I will run to all the good rides first.
    Hope you have a blast and give me updates when you get back with what is new!

Thanks!