Thread: !!important info!!

Default !!important info!!

This forum is closing. We have moved HERE. Please Register at the new forum. We will be using it from now forward. Please bookmark.
    Also make sure you install Discord and click the invite once installed. This is were all of the CMS leagues are moving, so it is a must.

Here are the links to Discord If you do not have Discord installed yet...
    Discord App

Use this link to join the CMS Discord server:
    Discord server

If you have questions please post here.

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience.
    Last edited by Joe Miller; 08-05-2019 at 02:36 PM.

So MNRL is moving to a new forum, separate of CMS racing? I'm guessing the racing itself will continue to be hosted by CMS, correct?
    Bob Williams - '99 Audi A4 1.8T quattro.
    Logitec G27 - Nvidia Quadro 4000

Yes it's separate and yes we are still hosted by CMS. CMS has decided to completely do away with the forum and use Discord in its place. MNRL will be using Discord for basic info, voice communication and some chat but important details, files and signups will be at the new forum. Basically in a format we are all familiar with. There will be links to series info and pre race briefings in discord. I strongly advise that everyone become familiar with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miller View Post
    Yes it's separate and yes we are still hosted by CMS. CMS has decided to completely do away with the forum and use Discord in its place. MNRL will be using Discord for basic info, voice communication and some chat but important details, files and signups will be at the new forum. Basically in a format we are all familiar with. There will be links to series info and pre race briefings in discord. I strongly advise that everyone become familiar with it.
    Ok, thanks for the detail Joe. I saw the post about moving to discord solely so this wasn't a total surprise, I just wanted to be sure since it looks like there will be a "new" CMS website as well. This works for me, I prefer the forum method of communication for these types of things, especially when it comes to sharing important details and files. My experience with discord is new as of joining this league, but I've been part of a few forums that moved to facebook as their primary communication, and I'm not a fan.
    Bob Williams - '99 Audi A4 1.8T quattro.
    Logitec G27 - Nvidia Quadro 4000

I've signed up on the new MNRL forum already.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

I don't know but if I would be you Joe, I would start thinking about moving to another site...

We have a private community at the MNRL, Discord is a public affair that runs on selling their data to advertisers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    I don't know but if I would be you Joe, I would start thinking about moving to another site...

We have a private community at the MNRL, Discord is a public affair that runs on selling their data to advertisers.
    MNRL was never a "private community". Perhaps ages ago, before moving to R2P, but I would not define R2P as a "private community".

No 'private' sim racing community will florish and grow in today's sim racing/community environment.
    Impossible, since well...since it's private. Just ask the myriad private communities that no longer exist.

Also, I don't see what the issue is. We've created a forum for those that choose not to use Discord (beyond voice comms and such), and so we can preserve various data, threads, discussions, etc.
    We're not going to flaunt it around, like we are going to primarily use it...but all info posted at Discord will be posted there. The format and the posting from admin will remain almost entirely the same. So just use that if you don't like Discord.

Instantly jumping to "we should move"....move where? lol
    We are not moving.

Very pleased to see MNRL has found a "forum type" host moving forward--much more to my liking than other configurations. I registered there myself today, FWIW.

It would have been a real body-blow to have lost track of you guys...but I looked back in at CMS just in time. Because...for whatever reason...I was banned from the Discord server (no problem. davidan has got me fixed up).

I wouldn't have known where to even holler for help.

Still on hiatus, but at least I can find my way back...

...by following the line of old, rusting...

...car body parts. :-P

9. Default

Ok, so let me get this straight (I'm probably not the only one confused, but if I am, hey nothing new!)...ALL Discord is being used for is CMS forums (other than MNRL forum) and voice. I do not need it to race, only to keep up with the news, right? (I'm still waiting for Discord to finish deleting my account, which somehow latched onto my old IE browser, even though Mozilla is my preferred browser nowadays, and you can't claim an account with the older browser. I ask only to eliminate the sense of urgency).

Quote Originally Posted by aaron page View Post
    Ok, so let me get this straight (I'm probably not the only one confused, but if I am, hey nothing new!)...ALL Discord is being used for is CMS forums (other than MNRL forum) and voice. I do not need it to race, only to keep up with the news, right? (I'm still waiting for Discord to finish deleting my account, which somehow latched onto my old IE browser, even though Mozilla is my preferred browser nowadays, and you can't claim an account with the older browser. I ask only to eliminate the sense of urgency).
    Yes. Discord is replacing the CMS forum for communication. This forum will remain for another month.
    At that point, you can use Discord (if/when you have it sorted) or if you prefer to use a forum to register for series/etc, we'll have all that at the MNRL forum and you can do it there as info like that will be mirrored both places.