Thread: 2019 NARS Summer Series - Rd 4 - Porsche Cup @ Autopolis - Results, Replay, & Recap

Default 2019 NARS Summer Series - Rd 4 - Porsche Cup @ Autopolis - Results, Replay, & Recap

Last edited by Don Fryman; 07-26-2019 at 06:30 AM.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

That was fun -- cool track. Is this a real life or Fantasy track?

my personal motorsports blog

3. Default

Colin, Norm and Jason got a serving of my wide rear end. It's nearly impossible to pass in these cars, so the poor guys couldn't get by my slow car. Meanwhile, I saved tires, and they made it to the end. Such a close race, that was awesome!

Can someone help me with whatever setting causes the game to take over control at the finish line? I damn near took out someone today. https://clips.twitch.tv/SneakyAbstruseSushiPoooound

Don't think I congratulated the winners last night so first off congratulations to Greg on his win and to Norm and Colin for 2nd and 3rd.

Now for the race.....why am I happy with a disappointing finish? I guess because it was so much fun. Qualified 9th which is better than usual for me and expected to finish no worse than that but.... The start was good with several of us having similar pace. Lap 2 while close behind Derek he had loose moment and I over reacted, lost the car a bit along with 2 places David and Tom D. Lap 5 saw JT make his way up to our little battle and he made a beautiful pass on my inside through the final chicane. Next lap he gets David on the outside in the same corner....very impressive. As Derek had to deal with him it allowed us to get right up to Derek so now there's Derek, David, me, Tom D and Frank all in close proximity of each other, fun stuff. After pit stops I was well behind but had new tires (which I won't do again!) and was around 13th. I was able to get all the way back up to 10th but then I double downshifted to neutral at the chicane, half spun and lost a spot to Derek. Got caught back up but just couldn't get past in the last couple of laps so a disappointing but fun filled 11th it was.

Well this one was a damn good time, thanks Doug and Don for the selection here, loved it!

I'm consistently hitting quali laps that are better than I can consistently run during the race... I'll get that figured out some day.. For this race, a lot of the loss of position was my own undoing, so that's easy to swallow at least. Like Frank had mentioned, there was a lot of fun racing even at the mid/back with us grouped up, these small tracks are great for keeping things busy. David you are dangerously consistent and I referred to you as 'a shark' in my mirror a few times.. hah. I did take my tires all the way to the end of the race, where I found myself in a Tom sandwich for most of the last 20 minutes or so. Ton N was putting good pace in front, while Tom D was also creeping up. I had put my car into the wall twice with silly mistakes, and my front left suspension was acting suspect at best, but fortune was in my favor in the end, where I saw Tom N spin and snagged a position. Great race to everyone, grats on podiums, and thanks JT for starting in the back, I always tend to learn from you when you go around me =)

See you guys at GingerMan
    Derek Steffeck
    Team Horses Arse - "Bringin' up da rear"

While Greg's "30% left" comment at end of the race is always going to be discouraging, at least being able to finish this one on one set of soft tires was a good accomplishment for me. I had 14% left on LF corner and that was still a big success compare to circling with 0% tires at PIR last 2 laps and losing 2 positions while being helpless.

JT, Don and I were all on same strategy and pace and racing for P4 while Jason having fresh set of rubber was charging thru after pit stops cycled.
    If he had cleared Don a lot earlier I was probably going to be vulnerable with my tire saving plan, but Don put up a one hell of a fight that I was fixated to my rearview watching it.
    4-5 laps to go something happened and Jason went off right after passing Don, which gave me some breathing room.

Finally a decent finish (P5) since the first race. Having a lot of problems with this car but have to cope with it since it's part of the overall championship.

My biggest adjustment was to get adjusted to more rearward brake bias, which helps preserve front tires. More brake force on front tires wears them rapidly which I think is not real simulation of the RL counterpart. Having potentially a 50% wear and grip difference between front and rear tires within 20-30 min driving is a little exaggeration. But what do I know.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    but Don put up a one hell of a fight that I was fixated to my rearview watching it.
    To be honest I was not fighting, just ran my normal lines and TRY not to make a mistake, which I did and he went around easily.
    Someone (JT maybe since he passed most of the field) on Discord after the race said something about how hard it was to make a clean pass on this track and Jason being the clean racer he is waited for that mistake and did not force his way through.

Like someone mentioned I too was killing the right front during practice, moving the brake bias to the rear was the cure, just had to be a little more careful on corner entry especially turn one.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Fryman View Post
    Like someone mentioned I too was killing the right front during practice, moving the brake bias to the rear was the cure, just had to be a little more careful on corner entry especially turn one.
    That's interesting because I was only killing my LF tire !. RF was at least 20% better than LF at the end.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__