Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Race Recap - MX-5 Series at Watkins Glen

1. Default

Who Fault 1.JPGWho Fault 1.JPG
    Who Fault 2.JPGWho Fault 2.JPG
    Who Fault 3.JPGWho Fault 3.JPG

If it is not my fault I still don't blame the other guy.

I thought he was behind me and I went for the apex.

When he got my back right it turn me into him harder.

Another group as a lot more radio commutation.

I need more practice in traffic.
    Last edited by GBJeffOh; 07-18-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Another fun race in the Miata! I had a bit of a poor performance in qualifying so I started a little further back than I wanted to. I made up quite a few positions at the start and worked my way into 4th a country mile behind the lead group. JT, Drew, Miguel, and I were in a group for a while. I tried to bump draft Miguel for a while in an effort to catch the group up front but it just wasn't happening. There was some attrition at the front which led to us having an epic battle for 2nd place. Unfortunately Miguel caught the outside curb on the uphill esses and dropped out. Somehow I avoided getting any damage during the race so I was able to get by Drew and JT on the last couple of laps to take 2nd!

The Miata is weird because I always think to myself before a race, "Do I really want to jump in this slow ass car and race around a big track?" Then I get in the race and have as much, or more fun than I do in any other car in iRacing. It also helps to have a great group of guys to race with! See you all at the next one!

I would like to publicly apologize to JT for the incident going into the bus stop, it was totally my fault as I thought everything was under control to go two wide but I slightly misjudged things and pushed out into him. It’s too bad that it helped to ruin his race as based on the first two races he would have probably beaten me. It’s not the way I like to race and certainly not the way I like to win.

See ya next time.

My race was about the same as the other 2 so far this season. Qualify decent, start the race very cautiously, then wreck myself.

But that did let me watch some terrific battles all around the track, and in VR you get some great views!!

Congratulations to Greg on the win (and the pole, leading the most laps, and fastest lap of the race!), we have now had 3 different winners in 3 races so far this season, and a tie atop the leaderboard!!

Also a big shout out to my Can Am teammates for their great runs last night, in particular Kris and Drew taking the other two spots on the podium! Great run guys!

We will meet again in two weeks at MY favorite track.....Road America!!
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift S

I was sorry to see you spin in the bus stop. I was eager to battle with you.

Quote Originally Posted by TimCollier View Post
    My race was about the same as the other 2 so far this season. Qualify decent, start the race very cautiously, then wreck myself.

But that did let me watch some terrific battles all around the track, and in VR you get some great views!!

Congratulations to Greg on the win (and the pole, leading the most laps, and fastest lap of the race!), we have now had 3 different winners in 3 races so far this season, and a tie atop the leaderboard!!

Also a big shout out to my Can Am teammates for their great runs last night, in particular Kris and Drew taking the other two spots on the podium! Great run guys!

We will meet again in two weeks at MY favorite track.....Road America!!

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I would like to publicly apologize to JT for the incident going into the bus stop, it was totally my fault as I thought everything was under control to go two wide but I slightly misjudged things and pushed out into him. It’s too bad that it helped to ruin his race as based on the first two races he would have probably beaten me. It’s not the way I like to race and certainly not the way I like to win.

See ya next time.
    You're all good Greg, didn't cost me more than a second or two. I lost my time due to poor positioning over the next couple laps, I think I fell to 6th or 7th because I couldn't defend, not because of contact or damage. We've been racing side by side for a bit now, I've got no issue racing you side by side, I know you're fair and want to stay as clean as I do. I'm only going to run the outside into the bus stop if I know the guy on the inside. I knew the moment it happened it was a mistake, and you certainly didn't win because of contact.

Andrew, you had been blinking at Spa as well, but not as bad. You're car would disappear, drop from the sky and kick up smoke as if locking up the wheels. MX-5s race much closer, and it was a bit unsettling to try to run directly behind you when that happens. When that wasn't happening, it was great running with you. That teleporting into me in T1 scared the shit out of me though haha. Hope you get that fixed for the next race, looking forward to more close fighting.

Had a ton of fun running some very close racing last night especially with Drew and Kris. We were equal in terms of pace and racecraft, so it was very intense, and I loved it. It was hard, clean racing, with plenty of respect shown each lap. It was a bummer that we couldn't work together on pulling in the front. I hope its something we can work on in the future, as the next 3 races in MX-5 (Road America, Monza, and Le Mans) will require a lot of drafting to keep lap times low.
    ---------------------------
    JT Tami

Champion Racing

2011 NALMS LMP1 Champion - #97 Champion Racing Audi R10 TDI

Highlight reel has been posted!

Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift S