Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NARS Summer Series - Round 3 - Porsche Cup @ Toban - Results, Replay & Recap

Default 2019 NARS Summer Series - Round 3 - Porsche Cup @ Toban - Results, Replay & Recap

Last edited by Don Fryman; 07-12-2019 at 05:22 AM.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

Dammit.

Very sorry to whoever it was that hit me at the final corner. Was only trying to get in the pits after hitting the wall and turning in that corner.
    Should have escaped. Very stupid of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Dammit.

Very sorry to whoever it was that hit me at the final corner. Was only trying to get in the pits after hitting the wall and turning in that corner.
    Should have escaped. Very stupid of me.
    Will have to look at the replay but think I was part of that............coming down the hill around the last corner car in front of me hit someone it looked like was trying to go into the pits, sent both cars spinning and I T-boned one of them killing my engine.
    End of night for me but just as well since that's how the race had been going for me up to that point
    Guess I could have disconnected and rejoined but didn't think of it fast enough before hit escape.......

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

I was hoping that 'INCIDENTS' didn't show up in the results this week but, alas, they did. It started early and often for me. Lost the front bumper at some point, car was very difficult after that but I sure did have fun. Toban is one of my favorite tracks and IMO is not used enough. Hopefully we'll use the whole thing sometime. To me it's one of the most visually appealing tracks in sim racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Fryman View Post
    Will have to look at the replay but think I was part of that............coming down the hill around the last corner car in front of me hit someone it looked like was trying to go into the pits, sent both cars spinning and I T-boned one of them killing my engine.
    End of night for me but just as well since that's how the race had been going for me up to that point
    Guess I could have disconnected and rejoined but didn't think of it fast enough before hit escape.......
    F'n embarrassing is what that was. If the results are an indicator, looks like yourself and 2 other cars gone on lap 6 along with me. Great, so I didn't just ruin one race, I ruined multiple races.
    Someone file a protest please, I should be penalized for that.

FTR, I was way off track right after my initial incident. I basically let a wheel drop off into the grass starting into that final corner and couldn't pull the car back in the road. When I tried, I slid, then car snapped and I went headlong into the wall. I was deep in the grass, and turned in a way that I couldn't really get the car all the way around in one whack. Tried to whip the tail around a bit and ended up going all the way around, then around some more, sitting broadside track left a bit beyond the apex (I think)

I sat there a long time trying to make sure nothing was coming down the hill. I could see, and could hear cars coming, so I wait and wait...it goes quiet and the moment I start moving I hear a car. Tried to hurry up, but probably just made it worse. Nothing like a typical panic mode goosing of the throttle to make a mess of things

Very, very sorry guys

ETA: My discord must have crashed at some point before race started. So I guess all that "I'm off in the final corner" was for nil because no one could hear me.
    Weird, discord doesn't crash often. Not sure why that happened.
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 07-12-2019 at 08:32 AM.

What a fun and challenging circuit. Wow! I personally through a way a top 5, which I am sure others can say the same, by a self inflicted disaster coming out of the last corner where I got in the grass and into the wall. Had to immediately pit for 75 seconds worth of damage. But I got back out there and soldiered on for a respectable finish ... this track is certainly a healthy challenge to say the least. The transitions it presents are very tricky.

my personal motorsports blog

WELL... This was quite the rollercoaster for myself and apparently everyone else! Even with all the chaos I was really enjoying the constant action. I once again pulled a better quali lap than expected, almost dipping into the 1:10 range, and put myself square in the middle of the pack. From there, basically holding my own nicely until I decided to test the durability of the right door panel against the wall. Turns out the wall doesn't move, and my car took it's first blow of many for the night. At first it felt a bit weird, until I realized it wasn't too different, so the choice was made to just carry on.

Ran my first tank empty and decided to skip repairs and tires, just fuel up and keep going. I was hoping to carry that tank to the end, however we didn't quite make it and had to pit again. I was having a hard time setting up my second pit (vr problems) and when I came in for the last splash, I had repairs turned on. Thankfully I did notice the 'press space to skip repairs' shortly after they started, and dashed out for the end. Again, Frank and I were running a real close race, and I thought for sure he had me this time until the end.

Greg: That rejoin though... argh! haha

Great stuff from everyone as usual!
    Derek Steffeck
    Team Horses Arse - "Bringin' up da rear"

8. Default

Whoo, that was a rough race. I threw it off on lap 8, but didn't need repairs.

This basically sums up the race for all...
    https://clips.twitch.tv/CarefulRespe...erfBlueBlaster

And no worries Derek, wasn't too bad from my perspective!
    https://clips.twitch.tv/TentativeRel...niStinkyCheese

Congrats to Adam for the win!

Hey, thanks for getting me in the video during one of my off road excusions, Greg.....sponsor recognition is good!

10. Default

These post race reports and the stream clips add so much. Thanks for including those guys!