Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Raceroom Introduction | FAQ and Q&A

Post A Raceroom Introduction | FAQ and Q&A

In this thread i hope to answer some of the frequently asked questions about Raceroom Racing Experience.

If you have any more then PLEASE reply to this thread and i will 100% make sure i answer the questions and also include them in this main post so that people can see all the questions without having to scroll through what i assume is many questions

What is Raceroom?
    Raceroom Racing Experience is a simulator bult by Sector 3 Studios of whom are a group made up of the last remaining Simbin members. They are responsible for games such as Race07, GTR2 and GT Legends. The simulator is built to run along the same structure and philosophy as iRacing. Except a LOT cheaper and a LOT more accessible.

Do i have to pay a Monthly/Tri-Monthly/Annual Fee?
    The simple answer is. No.
    Raceroom is a free to download (and play) simulator that you can pick up off the Steam store Here (Steam Store Link)

Alongside this, everything that you purchase is BOUGHT not rented. This, i feel, is Raceroom's biggest positive over iRacing.

Another positive is that you can test ANY car in the sim before you buy it. You just go onto the car in the store and click "test drive" and you'll be put in it for hot laps at the raceroom raceway

If i were to enter an online session. Would i have to purchase every car that is included?
    No. Raceroom runs on the iracing principle of buy what you race. As long as you have one of the cars and the circuit you will be able to join the server and race to your hearts content. The same can be done in single player with multiclass events. So if you wish to practice for an event but don't have the other GT3 cars or GT4 cars (if we use TTMT as an example) then no worris! The game will allow you to do it.

Do i need an extremely powerful gaming PC to run it?

Not at all. Here are the specifications for Raceroom!
    Minimum:
    Processorual core at 2.4 GHz or AMD equivalent
    Memory:4 GB
    Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD equivalent
    DirectX®:9.0c
    Hard Drive:30 GB of free HD space
    SoundirectX compatible
    Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection

Recommended:
    Processor:Quad-core AMD or Intel at 2.4 GHz
    Memory:8 GB
    Graphics:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2.0 GB Video Card or AMD equivalent

If i were to join TTMT. How much would i be looking at paying content wise if i have only installed the sim for the first time?

By my maths and calculations (and believe me this took about half an hour to just CHECK if it was correct).
    The MOST you will have to pay is £42.98 ($53.82 or 47.82 Euro). This is for every track and the most expensive car of the selection we have.

HOWEVER i was advised to do it this way

"Go here https://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/list_page?cat=5/ buy the 10,000 vrp pack you can buy for one time the premium pack which contains everything in game at the time of purchase , after this you just buy vrp as needed and buy content you want or need"

Can i paint my own skin and use it online in the game?
    Sadly this is one of the things you can not do with Raceroom. This is due to licensing between Sector3 Studios and one of the major companies sponsoring the studio (Also remember this sim has official DTM, ADAC GT Masters and WTCC content and sponsorship)

Race Departments Guide and How To's for R3E - https://www.racedepartment.com/threa...ow-tos.143022/

If you're looking for a great HUD for R3E I've found this one is the easiest to setup and works really good - https://www.racedepartment.com/threa...thread.168430/

How to setup triples in R3E - https://forum.sector3studios.com/ind...-screens.9711/

Does it support triples/VR?

Yes. 100%

Last edited by Alex_Skinner; 07-14-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    Alex Skinner
    Chaos Engineering Team Owner (2014-Present)
    Freelance Broadcaster (2016-Present)

"If you want to grant your own wish, then you should clear your own path to it"

Can you paint your own skins and use them online?
    Steen Nielsen (aka. wheeler)

Tom Walkinshaw: "When black goes to green, you are in troubles..."

Sadly this is a feature you can't do due to licensing and such with one of the major companies involved. That is one of the only drawbacks with Raceroom compared to iRacing and such
    Alex Skinner

It should be also noted that you can test any car on track before you decide to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Addison View Post
    It should be also noted that you can test any car on track before you decide to buy.
    This is a feature i take for granted wayyy too much and forget is actually something that iracing doesn't have ^_^
    Alex Skinner

There are 7 GT3 cars right now priced at $0.33. Can't get any cheaper than that.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

@Alex we also need a proper wheel setup guide(s) for this sim. I almost forgot how extensive R3E's settings are. Considering R3E has never been run as a championship here at CMS there will be a lot of "new customers" so to speak asking many questions.
    The thing is (as usual) these questions and confusion will pop up last minute, so it's better we are prepared.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

Is three screen setup supported?
    Steen Nielsen (aka. wheeler)

Tom Walkinshaw: "When black goes to green, you are in troubles..."

Quote Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
    Is three screen setup supported?
    yes ...

my personal motorsports blog

Race Departments Guide and How To's for R3E - https://www.racedepartment.com/threa...ow-tos.143022/

If you're looking for a great HUD for R3E I've found this one is the easiest to setup and works really good - https://www.racedepartment.com/threa...thread.168430/

How to setup triples in R3E - https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/how-to-setup-triple-screens.9711/

Last edited by DaveS; 07-14-2019 at 09:25 AM.
    Dave Slee (DaveS) #38