Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Classification Races/Fun Races Before We Offically Start The Season

RACE tonight!

Server name = cmsracing.com GT3 series (search for cmsracing)
    password = cmsrocks

July 15th, 2019 Race Number 1
    Track: Barcelona
    Time: Practice Start - 8:00PM, Qualy Start - 8:30PM, Race Start - 8:45PM
    Practice Type: 1x30 Minutes (MAKE SURE TO USE THIS TIME TO MAKE A GOOD SETUP ALSO)
    Qualifying Type: 1x15 Minutes
    Race Type: 1x60 Minute Sprint Race
    Pitstop Mandatory: Yes One Stop Is Mandatory (During The Race), There Will Be A Pit Window From 35 Minutes Remaining Till 25 Minutes Remaining (YES WE WILL ENFORCE THIS) And You Must Pit Within The 10 Minutes Given In The Window

my personal motorsports blog

Sooooo...did no one race last night....what happen...?? I was there with 18 other drivers no one has any thoughts on the event??

For me I moved from the Ferrari to Nissan and I really liked the Nissan. I tested well even though I qualified a sec. or more off my PB which was in the 47's somewhere. And i was happy with that. I started out with the early releases not really liking this at all but fast forward to today and I think its dam good. its work to drive the car but you can feel near everything. I felt I was competitive last night with the mid field and was looking forward to the race and checking out the pit stop sequence.

The race started very well for me 16th to 11th fairly quickly and was hanging in there with my group of cars. Then out of no where I spun heading into or out of (I don't remember) I was so pissed. And pitched it into the wall. The odd thing is that in all the testing I have done up to and last night I never once not once spun the car.

It seemed to take till lap 3 to the the tires to fell right but then the rear end seemed to be slipping all over so I kicked up the TC 2 tics and then heading into T-6 it all went sideways?? And I never felt it coming??

So for me it was short and didn't get to test a tire change but my rig ran well and stayed in the 70-80 FPS area so all was good. Looking forward to next test but should would like to hear what others felt about the session.

I only lasted half of the distance, didn't realize I had my video settings all the way up and got some bad lag...

Do have a question, is Pit Limiter not supposed to work as mapped? still struggle to understand how you change your settings as you are coming into pitbox...

Other than that, I got hit from the back in Lap 1 T3 or 4 on what should be a penalty for the driver behind, hope protest procedure works good during the season.

Truly appreciate Austin's work in stepping in to run these test races, thanks @top mass entertainment!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverside View Post
    Other than that, I got hit from the back in Lap 1 T3 or 4 on what should be a penalty for the driver behind, hope protest procedure works good during the season.
    There is only one way to find out Jorge, you need to submit an IRR form. There is a link right at the end of CMS GCR (General Competition Rules).To find GCR find the "Race Control" button at the top on Forums page.
    We will review every submitted IRR and post results before every race. During these pre-season races resulting penalties will be practice purposes only, so that drivers will not serve any penalty but it is a good learning tool for those not sure
    if they are within the rules or not, and what kind of penalties expected for certain incidents..
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

Default Exillerated and dimoralized...

Is it possible to be Enthusiastic and demoralized at the same time...
    First gotta thank Davidantx, baakstaff, Top Mass Entertainment, Jon Uyan, Vincent Marsh as well as all the participants. It was great to see the great numbers in discord and then on the tarmac...Thanks for all the instruction as I know I learned quite a bit. Most of my race setting were on auto, so I only had to concentrate on the driving side of things, however, it didn't take me very long to realize that I was out of my depth, when I saw the times that were being posted. It will teach me to show up to a race server completely unprepared. That being said, I chose the McLaren 650S GT3 as my vehicle for the test, mostly because that's what I'm driving in career mode... I thought if I could just get into the sub 1:50, once I got into race pace I could begin to knock off a few tenths here and there... Well, that never really happened... I made the mistake of gridding, and then I wanted to make an adjustment to my video settings and my drivers view... hit the escape and I was place back in pit lane... Ok, lesson learned. However, Instead of just remaining in pit lane until the start, I thought I would be able to catch up to the formation lap, but the pit limiter was on and I couldn't recall the key to disable it... So, I was in dead last some 30 seconds behind. so, I simply wanted to turn as many laps as I could until the leaders got close, then I would just duck into the pits and retire, I was feeling pretty good, got a PB 1:49.2 on lap 4, so my lap times were trending down... then on lap 5 coming off the final corner (New Holland), took way too much curbing which pitched me hard right into the main straight wall. The car was still derivable, but took it around to the pits and retired. I did get a chance to watch a portion of the live stream and that was pretty cool too.
    I plan on sticking with the 650S, and plan on being on the server as much as possible in hopes of reducing my laps times drastically, so hope to see many of you as well, and feel free to share any tips you may have for setup adjustment...

I had a great time last night, the sim is really coming along and I feel confident we are getting close to being able to start the season. Special thanks to Vince, Josh, Jon, and Austin on their hard work on the series, and thanks to everyone that came out last night. We had almost 20 drivers I think!!!!

Had some fun but also had a few problems. I have the game set to auto start and it works okay when offline. I was waiting on the start line for my engine to start but it didn't and I ended up starting from the pits. Not sure what I need to do to correct that. There was a 20 or 30 second delay before I was able to move in the pits, the limiter stays on but I was almost able to catch the back of the pack before the start. Hope I didn't cause any problems for anyone trying to pass me as I am use to having a spotter an not use to using the radar thing like I should. Anyhow: thank you all involved in putting this series together. It was fun and looking forward to the next race.

7. Default

Was fun to finally have a race with ACC. Chose the Honda as it was the only car I could do about 5 consistent laps with.

Haven't raced online for a loooooong time & started from the back just to get a feel of things. Got a little bit of front damage from getting involved in someone else's accident early on but it didn't affect the car too much. Had a couple of good close battles throughout & managed to sneak into the Top 10 when the Checkered Flag dropped. Looking forward to Spa!

Oh, did anyone manage to save a replay - had it turned off by mistake.

Reminder everyone. 7/22 RACE Night at Spa!!!! Please join us again ... it's important we get great data in these final test/ classification races. We had a great turnout last week!!! so let's have another one this time.