Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skins in replay

Completely baffled....
    Today I started from scratch. Deleted the in game directory (AstonMartin_Vantage_GT3_2019\37VANTAGEC3C7E62C) and did a brand new one.

Put my .dds file AMV 2alt in it along with the 'generic' region file named AMV 2alt_region in the new directory.

Copied/pasted AMV 2alt and renamed it _42_AMV 2alt. Started game and the car(s) show up in the 'showroom' and when playing the game. However it does not show up in my replay.

On a lark I added a second region file named _42_AMV 2alt_region. Still not showing in replay.

Renamed _42_AMV 2alt to _42_AMV 2alt.dds and then it didn't even show up in the showroom, only the in game Luminis skin was there EVEN THOUGH the name _42_AMV 2ALT.DDS was showing in 'variants'

It's only the S397 cars that are causing this problem. My skin for the Flat 6 Porsche shows up in replay. Dunno what to do now.

Tom I learned long time ago to not try to understand the things rFactor does, just find something that works and go with it.

As for viewing the replay you could try to remove all the files from AstonMartin_Vantage_GT3_2019\37VANTAGEC3C7E62C and only have _42_AMV 2alt.dds in there as that's whats on the server.
    But this will all change the next time you go online because rFactor will create a new file name again.
    Since you have a region file why don't you click on the "Reload" button in the show room and create the .mas file, that's seems to be working fine for me, but do this after you have watched your replay then we'll see how it goes after the next race.
    Also if you have the computer power it would be much easier to just turn on replays so you don't have to deal with this hassle.

I really think that all this custom painting stuff is creating WAY more trouble then it's worth, and probably causing some of the online problems too. As for me I could care less about seeing chrome/metalflake/candy colors on these skins but I guess to enough people think the pretty skins are more important then a stable race platform

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

Well, I give up.

Sometime down the road I'll have to try to understand WTF they're talking about in that tutorial that I don't understand. IMO it has to have something to do with the templates involved with the S397 cars because the Flat 6 is just fine with only the _42_ added to the file name. No region file, no .mas file just the _42_

Again, thanks for all the help.

Not even close to my area of expertise...but, IIRC, not so long ago with one of the updates, and while I was struggling to get a skin working in game, I read and was told that "alt" cannot be used in the name anymore...?...

Perhaps this is some of the issue, especially seeing your last comment, Tom.

...I'll see myself out, like I said, not my area of knowledge, but been watching this thread and just wanted to note that. Probably nothing, but maybe can help.