Thread: CMS-TXL GT3 Series at Donington Park - Driver's Briefing

Default CMS-TXL GT3 Series at Donington Park - Driver's Briefing

CMS-TXL GT3 Sports Car Series
    Donington Park GP Circuit
    Wednesday, June 26th, 2019

After a tough first outing at Laguna Seca, the CMS-TXL GT3 Sports Car Series heads to famed Donington Park for the second race of our season. Seeing action since the 1930's, and doubling as an airfield during World War 2, this circuit has hosted racing from MotoGP and Formula 1 to Group C and Rally cars. Regardless of the car, this track will test the mettle of even the most veteran driver.

Before we get going, just a few reminders about the series.

- For more information regarding the league, go HERE and read through the season format and schedule

- Everyone needs to be ready for race night, running the appropriate car number as outlined in the Registration Thread. Everyone has had plenty of time to change their car number in iRacing for these events, and there's no excuse for not having it ready on race night. If you do not run the correct number on race night, a point deduction will be assessed for that race. This system is used to aide in determining the classes running on the track, so each competitor can know who they are racing against, so please take 60 seconds and change this number before entering the server Wednesday night! If you attend practice on Tuesday night and your number is not correct, we will point it out in the forums afterwards, so again there is no reason for anyone to not be prepared.

- If you haven't yet, take the time to read the CMS General Competition Rules. You must be aware of these rules before participating in any league event!

- The starting procedure for all the events this season is the same...during the formation lap, everyone will hold their double-wide position, and the pole sitter will control the field. When the pace car pulls off the track, HOLD YOUR PACE SPEED and do not jump the start! The pace speed will continue until the lights turn green, at which point the race will start! Anyone caught jumping the start anywhere in the field will be subject to penalties.

This is a 75 minute race, and the start of these races should be conservative and about keeping the fenders straight. Tires and brakes are cold, we just need to work our way through the first lap.

For this week's Orange Zone, note the track map below:

This zone constitutes the outlined Orange Zone area on the track during the 1st Lap. This zone should be regarded as a PASS WITH EXTREME CAUTION area during the first lap of any race. Should an incident occur because a driver chooses to attempt a pass within this “Orange Zone” the driver initiating the pass will likely be held responsible.

The Orange Zone will run from start of the race to the exit of T4

Notes for tonight:

Be aware of cars exiting the pits

If you wreck, HOLD THE BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuel Capacity for all cars is set to 75%

Incident Count Limit: 30

Have fun!

Event Schedule:

Wednesday, June 26th

Time of Day: Morning

Practice - Server opens at 8:00pm Eastern US/7:00 Central US/12:00am GMT

Practice session will be 90 minutes.

The last few minutes of practice will be used for a pre-race driver's briefing.

Qualifying begins at 9:30pm Eastern US/8:30pm Central US/1:30am GMT

Qualifying will be 10 minutes, 3-lap, solo event.

Race - 75 Minutes

NO FAST REPAIRS

DYNAMIC WEATHER

DYNAMIC TRACK STATE

The goal is this series is for everyone to have fun...and of course to race hard but fair. Let's keep this simple for both the participants and the admins, so we can all have a great season!

Remember that there are three different classes running at the same time on the track, so when approaching other cars (or cars coming up behind you), keep the classifications in mind and remember to run your own race.

If you have any questions prior to race night, this is the thread....so fire away!!

Good luck everyone, let's have a great season of racing!!

Admins:

Tim Collier
    Miguel Alcrudo
    David Anderson
    Liam Park
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

We will once again have an open practice session on Tuesday night.

Session Name: CMS/TXL GT3 Sports Car Series Practice

Session hours: 3 hours
    Leagues allowed: Champion Motorsports, Texas League

Start time (CentralUS): 6/25/2019, 7:30:00 PM
    Start time (gmt): Wed, 26 June2019 00:30:00 GMT

Max Fuel Fill %: 75%

Practice length: 180 mins (3 hours, 0 mins)
    Tim Collier

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

3. Default

Argh another week I’ll have to miss. I don’t get to race much at this track so pretty bummed. Hopefully the following weeks work out a bit better.
    ~Paul Darling
    CMS iRacing League #155

Quote Originally Posted by arandomnoob View Post
    Argh another week I’ll have to miss. I don’t get to race much at this track so pretty bummed. Hopefully the following weeks work out a bit better.
    Good news is that everyone gets 2 dropped weeks this season, so you still have a shot at the title Paul. Look forward to seeing you out there with us.
    Tim Collier

I HATE Donington!!!

During tonight's Driver's Meeting, I will reiterate the following but wanted to go ahead and post it here.

Throughout this season, remember that while we are all on the track at the same time, there's three separate classes racing and your focus should be racing those in your class. I'm not saying an AM can't pass a Pro, or a Silver can't pass an Am or Pro, but nothing good comes from a long, drawn out duel between cars in separate classes. Points are awarded per class, not based on overall finishing position, so your focus should be on your class.

That's why the car numbers being set correctly are so important. This will ensure that everyone knows who they are racing against throughout the night, and the season.

That being said, Silver and AM cars don't have to sacrifice their race to let a "higher" class driver go by. It can be done with little loss to lap time if you just hold your line leading onto a straight, and when the driver behind pulls out from behind you just let off the gas enough to let them by and fall in going into the next turn. Check your F3 screen to make sure there's not more than one back there too!! Just be predictable, and remember that each lap, just like every stroke in golf, counts for the end result, and you don't have to run 4-5 seconds slower on a lap by pulling over for another car. Just merge in and out, and I can't emphasize enough to be predictable. Hold your line!!

If an approaching car is less than a second back heading into a slow turn, I may just drive a little deeper in and run the outside line slowing enough to let them by, but that's only if there's not a straight coming up that can facilitate a passing zone as described above. But at Donington there's several zones for allowing a car by on a straight. So passing cars, be patient and don't make any sudden moves, as you need to remember that the driver ahead of you doesn't know your intentions either!

One more thing...let's have fun.

Good luck tonight everyone! With a 30 incident limit, everyone will need to focus on racing the track!!
    Last edited by TimCollier; 06-26-2019 at 09:52 AM.
    Tim Collier

Quote Originally Posted by TimCollier View Post
    During tonight's Driver's Meeting, I will reiterate the following but wanted to go ahead and post it here.

Throughout this season, remember that while we are all on the track at the same time, there's three separate classes racing and your focus should be racing those in your class. I'm not saying an AM can't pass a Pro, or a Silver can't pass an Am or Pro, but nothing good comes from a long, drawn out duel between cars in separate classes. Points are awarded per class, not based on overall finishing position, so your focus should be on your class.

That's why the car numbers being set correctly are so important. This will ensure that everyone knows who they are racing against throughout the night, and the season.

That being said, Silver and AM cars don't have to sacrifice their race to let a "higher" class driver go by. It can be done with little loss to lap time if you just hold your line leading onto a straight, and when the driver behind pulls out from behind you just let off the gas enough to let them by and fall in going into the next turn. Check your F3 screen to make sure there's not more than one back there too!! Just be predictable, and remember that each lap, just like every stroke in golf, counts for the end result, and you don't have to run 4-5 seconds slower on a lap by pulling over for another car. Just merge in and out, and I can't emphasize enough to be predictable. Hold your line!!

If an approaching car is less than a second back heading into a slow turn, I may just drive a little deeper in and run the outside line slowing enough to let them by, but that's only if there's not a straight coming up that can facilitate a passing zone as described above. But at Donington there's several zones for allowing a car by on a straight. So passing cars, be patient and don't make any sudden moves, as you need to remember that the driver ahead of you doesn't know your intentions either!

One more thing...let's have fun.

Good luck tonight everyone! With a 30 incident limit, everyone will need to focus on racing the track!!

on spot!!!