Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Race Recap - MX-5 at Brands Hatch GP

Time for some highlights!!! 12-minutes, and action packed!!! Be sure to watch it in 1080p60!!

Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

Quote Originally Posted by vendsale View Post
    Another fun night with the Miata! I liked this track combo with the Miata because you could really fly through the corners. I had an absolute blast battling JT, Greg, and Larry the whole race. We were swapping positions back and forth the whole race. It wasn't quite as easy to pass here but it was easy to stay close. At some point Humberto caught us and disappeared into the horizon, but lucky for us his wife called. We need to see if we can track down Humberto's number and start calling him in the middle of races . From then on it was a battle for first. JT took the lead and was just a little to fast for me to catch him and get by. Had an absolute blast! Close and clean racing all night. Looking forward to the next one!
    Lmao please dont ! I tend to get distracted easily lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ricmotech GTPro3 pedals | Ricmotech Minimite DD |Rexing F1 Carbon Wheel | Ricmotech AP/ Extreme Chassis Momo Daytona Seat | Triple Screen 27''

That was a hell of a night for me!

Before qualifying, I was running in the 1:41s, but watched Greg for a few laps, and learned where he was much quicker than me. Found a full second in qualifying and managed front row.

Had a ton of fun at the beginning dicing with Greg and Kris. We were quick in different spots around the track, it made for a lot of close racing. I made a mistake that let Kris through, and had spend time fighting Larry while trying to catch up. It was clear Humberto had much more pace, so when he caught up to me, I didn't bother fighting. He would quickly work through Kris and Greg, allowing myself and Larry to catch up. A few mistakes in close racing allowed me to slide past Kris and Greg for 2nd, and soon after Humberto went off and soon retired, giving me the lead. I couldn't pull away from the others, so I tried to stay consistent as Kris was on me. He was kind and didn't attack much on the few straights for some reason, I figured he was trying to pressure me into a mistake and save the fighting for the end. Last few minutes gave me a small gap as he was fighting for 2nd, but that last lap he reeled me back in and nearly got me. Bravo!

Thats my first iRacing win in a lot time, and my first here at CMS. Im willing to just run these instead of the GT3s, it seems im much better in them!
    ---------------------------
    JT Tami

Champion Racing

2011 NALMS LMP1 Champion - #97 Champion Racing Audi R10 TDI

My race recap:

I love driving these cars, it's like getting in your own car and pushing it to the limit....well, not my car, but still, it's a $***load of fun throwing these things into the corners! And Brands Hatch, which I love (used to really hate this place), but once you get the rhythm of the back section, it's edge of the knife driving, and keeps the heart rate up! Need to get a FitBit and measure that one night.....but anyway.....

I felt fast, not Top 3 fast, but decent pace. In pre-race practice I eclipsed my PB and felt good about qualifying. First Q lap was great, until I touched the grass and wiped out the first attempt. Then the second lap was just rough, pushing way too hard. Started 8th.

Race start was great, everyone was cool and calm, and once we hit the long straight I was sitting in 7th or 8th and watching the front group pull away. My throttle was registering full on, so I knew it had to be my crappy, inconsistent exit of T4 onto the straight that did me in. Liam was all over me (after an awesome save out of T3!), and it didn't take long for him to go by. I pushed hard out of T4 around Lap 5, went wide into the grass and thought I had it under control, but the car dodged right, struck the inside armco, bent the tie rod, and now I'm driving with the wheel at 15 degrees off center to the right. Car sucked on left hand turns, but felt great on right handers! Uneven, that's how they do it in NASCAR!

I tried to find pace, but couldn't keep up with Liam, or Michael who spun, then caught and passed me, so I focused on clean laps (didn't succeed, lots of !Xs), and after Liam and Larry had their moments of misfortune, I inherited a Top 5 finish almost 40 seconds behind the leaders. I spent a lot of time those last 5-6 laps watching the Relative of the front group, hoping Kris would pull off the win....watching the replay, the battle between Greg, Kris and JT (and Larry) was some of the best racing. I'm going to upload the full replay tonight so everyone can watch the full battle.

A big congrats to JT on the win (Mr. Consistency!), Kris on 2nd and Greg in 3rd (Welcome to CMS Greg, introduce yourself in the forums, we're happy to have you join us!)....and I especially want to thank everyone who made the race. I'm certain that we can keep a decent field size throughout the season, so tell your friends, convince your GT3 teammates, they are MISSING OUT on racing these cars!!

The next race is at Lime Rock (I'm sorry, but we're following the official series schedule), but in these cars it will be another push it to the edge night of racing!!
    Tim Collier

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

Being such an exciting race, I went ahead and made a full-length recap video. There's some great action throughout!!

Tim Collier

Re-watching the race replay above, I'm just in awe of the front 4 for most of the race....JT, Kris, Greg and Larry were nose to tail for nearly the entire race, no contact, hard, clean racing and it was almost as much fun to watch that battle as racing!

So I wanted to give a shout out to you four, and I look forward to seeing more battles throughout this season!!
    Tim Collier