Thread: CMS-TXL MX-5 Club Series at Brands Hatch - Driver's Briefing

Default CMS-TXL MX-5 Club Series at Brands Hatch - Driver's Briefing

MX-5 Club Series at Brands Hatch GP Circuit
    Wednesday, June 19th, 2019

This week the MX-5 Club Series starts it's official season at a great circuit for large groups to race....Brand Hatch GP. With it's combination of slow and fast turns as well as multiple elevation changes, this week's race will push the MX-5 to the limit of tire adhesion!! This should be a great race, and I hope we can get a great turnout to kick off the season! This is a points series with a single Champion, but there will also be a Champion crowned based on points earned in both the GT3 and the MX-5 series combined!!

As spelled out in the Season 2 Annoucement, this is a fixed setup series so you will need to download the file linked below and place in the setup folder (.../iRacing\setups\mx5 mx52016) prior to joining the server.

Setup Download: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...5-baseline.sto (You may have to right click and "download as" depending on your browser settings)

Remember that we are using this series as not only a break between the GT3 events, but also as a place for drivers to come out and have fun, be competitive, and work on their driver development and racecraft using cars without tech and downforce!

There are no classifications in this series, you're racing everyone on the track for position!

Also, car number assignments are not a part of this series, so don't worry about that either!!

As always, an Orange Zone will be in effect for the first lap of this race:

This zone constitutes the outlined Orange Zone area on the track during the 1st Lap. This zone should be regarded as a PASS WITH EXTREME CAUTION area during the first lap of any race. Should an incident occur because a driver chooses to attempt a pass within this “Orange Zone” the driver initiating the pass will likely be held responsible.

The Orange Zone will cover from the Starting Line to the exit of Surtees which leads onto the long straight.

Notes for the race

This will again be a rolling start, but everyone needs to hold their position until the green flag waves and do not jump the start!!

If you wreck, HOLD THE BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pit stops are NOT required for this race!

There will be an incident limit of 25 for this race.

Have fun!

Our race night schedule for Wednesday:

Practice - Server opens at 8:20pm Eastern US/7:20 Central US/12:20am GMT

Practice session will be 70 minutes.

Qualifying begins at 9:30pm Eastern US/8:30pm Central US/1:30am GMT

Qualifying will be 10 minutes, 2-lap, solo event with remaining time as a short break before the race starts.

Race - 40 Minutes

Weather - Dynamic

Track State - Random (rubber levels carry over through sessions)

Time of Day - Morning

Fixed Setup: Setup Download: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...5-baseline.sto (You may have to right click and "download as" depending on your browser settings)

No Fast Repairs!

No required Pit Stop

This is not only a fun series, but also a points series!! So drive with respect, and let's have a great start to the MX-5 Season!!
    Last edited by TimCollier; 06-15-2019 at 11:40 PM.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

Brands in the Mazda’s is a ton o fun. Unfortunately I have to miss the Mazda series. Have bible studies every other Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This should be a great venue for these!!!!

my personal motorsports blog

Just for clarification regarding the MX-5 Series:

There's no official signup for this series, as we do not use classifications or assigned numbers.

However, while this is a more relaxed series, all CMS rules are in effect and points will be kept as outlined in the Season 2 Announcement thread found in thus section of the CMS forums.

If you signed up the GT3 series, you do not have to participate in this series too, but know that we will be crowning an overall Season 2 Champion based on each individual's combined points in the GT3 series and the MX5 series. That will be quite the feather in your sim racing cap!

So please, everyone, make a point to jump in and give this series a run....I think you'll really enjoy yourself and really enjoy the close racing these cars produce!
    Tim Collier

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

I’ll planning to be there. Brands Hatch is just too fun a track, and I’ve never run it in the MX5.

setup won't load. could this be because i gave the wrong iracing name by mistake?
    "Tarheel" Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Dan View Post
    setup won't load. could this be because i gave the wrong iracing name by mistake?
    Did you download the file in the first post above and place in the correct folder?

Anyone else having problems?
    Tim Collier

It's RACE NIGHT!!
    Tim Collier

looking forward to tonight!!!! These are going to be fun all season!

my personal motorsports blog