Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Touring Car Classics - June 18th - Tarumã - Pre-Race Brefing

Default Touring Car Classics - June 18th - Tarumã - Pre-Race Brefing

Welcome Drivers:
    Here are details for the 3rd round of The Brazilian Touring Car Classics Summer Club Sprint Series

(Att: All Drivers!)Drivers interested in registering for this series, !PLEASE GO HERE TO PICK A CAR, SEE THE SHEDULE, POINTS SYSTEM AND GET FILES RELEVENT TO THE SERIES!

All drivers are welcome.
    Round 3 of The Battle of the Brazilian Stocks 2019 is Tuesday, June 18th, 2019, Qualifying at 8PM CST/9PM EST

Location: Autódromo Internacional de Tarumã, Viamão, Grande Porto Alegre, Brazil - 1.874 miles / 3.016 km

.................................................. ..............

~ In your TRACK list, the track is:
    " Tarumã/Tarumã "
    ~ Race length is 2 x 20 minutes (two 20 minute races)
    ~ The qualifying session will determine the grid for both races.
    ~ The starting grid for race 2 will be determined by finishing position in race 1.
    ~ Race Pit Speed 37mph/59kph (pitstop not required)
    ~ Do not use off-course areas to gain an advantage.
    ~ Please Note that we will be doing a Formation/Standing start for this series!
    Race Day and Time: Tuesday, June 18th, 2019
    Server Name: MNRL CMSRACING.COM
    Qualifying at 8PM CST/9PM EST (15 minutes)
    Warmup, 5 minutes,
    Race 1 (20 minutes)
    5 minute break/warmup
    Race 2 (20 minutes)
    ~ Server Settings

FORMATION/STANDING START PROCEDURE
    --------------------
    SINGLE FILE FORMATION LAP START!
    WHEN THE STARTING LIGHTS COUNT DOWN TO GREEN, PROCEED SINGLE FILE AT A PACE SET BY THE POLE MAN.

POLE MAN IS TO PACE THE FIELD AT A MINIMUM/MAXIMUM SPEED OF 50 MPH TO 80MPH/80KPH TO 130KPH (SLOWER AT TIMES FOR SOME CORNERS)

PROCEDURE IN A SAFE MANOR LEAVING A REASONABLE GAP BETWEEN YOU AND THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU.

~BRAKE WARMING IS ALLOWED BUT PLEASE DO SO AS TO NOT CAUSE STACK BRAKING OF THE CARS BEHIND YOU.

~IF YOU SPIN OFF THE TRACK DURING THE FORMATION LAP PLEASE REJOIN AT THE BACK OF THE FIELD.

PLEASE BE PREPARED TO SLOW DOWN AT THE END OF THE FORMATION LAP TO ENTER YOUR STARTING BOX MARKED IN RED.

ONCE EVERYONE COMES TO A FULL STOP AND ARE IN THEIR PROPER STARTING POSITIONS THE STARTING LIGHTS WILL COUNT DOWN TO GREEN.

AT THE GREEN LIGHT BEGIN RACING.

~PENALTIES MAY BE ASSESSED FOR ANY UNSAFE MANEUVERS DURING THE FORMATION LAP.

~ ORANGE ZONE RULES ARE IN EFFECT FOR THE START OF THE RACE

.................................................. ...................

Race review and penalties:
    The race start may be reviewed by the review team if an admin deems it nessasary or a protest is filed as well as review any incidents during the race for which an incident protest was filed.
    Penalties may be issued as appropriate. The results of these reviews will be posted no later than one week before the next event.
    All drivers are required to read the race review/penalty thread before the upcoming race so that they will be aware if they are required to serve any penalties.
    Any driver receiving a penalty will also be notified via PM.

!!!PLEASE be familiar with CMS rules and regulations!!!
    Rules, Regulations and Protest Procedure

.................................................. ...................

Server should be up shortly after the previous race.
    In the SERVER LIST, look for
    MNRL CMSRACING.COM ...
    Server Password:Attachment 13045

NOTE:
    If you can't see the sever on the list please use LiveRacers Join link.
    The sim must NOT be running when you click the Join button at the top of LiveRacers.
    Here is a link MNRL LiveRacers.

.................................................. ....................

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE CHIEF STEWARD:

As usual, the lift/blip May be in effect, depening on the car. Repetitive speedshifting
    may result in motor damage and failure.

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Circuit History
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    The Autódromo Internacional de Tarumã is Brazil's fastest track, boasting fast and sweeping turns which have tested man and machine for more than 40 years.

Located at Viamão, near Porto Alegre, the circuit is owned and operated by the Automobile Club of Rio Grande do Sul, making it one of the few privately-owned facilities in Brazil. As such it has to generate its income solely from the events it puts on.

The club itself has a long history, organising street races in the area as far back as 1949. By the late 1960s, the club was looking for a permanent facility and settled on a plot of land on the eastern fringes of the city. Construction was completed in late 1970, with the inaugural race taking place on November 8, won by Jayme Silva on board an Alfa Fúria GT.

Over the years, Brazil's major championships all paid visits to Tarumã, which was popular with drivers due to its challenging layout. The fast Turn One has little room for error, as the track entrance tunnel passes underneath, limiting room for run-off. Turn nine is also ultra-fast, requiring immense commitment to get the fastest time.

Facilities for spectators are pretty good; while original plans for the circuit envisaged large grandstands overlooking the start/finish straight that never materialised, there are still good viewing areas and camping is popular. Often the smell of barbecue grills wafts across the circuit during the events, though for those less adept at open-air cookery, the track boasts the fully-featured Tala Larga restaurant, which is open almost daily for locals as well as during meetings.

Tarumã played host to the first ever race of the popular Stock Car Brasil series in 1979 and other categories to race at the circuit included Formula Truck and Formula 3. A chicane was inserted at Turn Nine for certain categories of racing in a bid to improve safety (memorably used by VW Beetle racers in the mid-'90s, who ran the course in reverse). There was also general programme of run-off extensions where the landscape allowed, however as the decades wore on ever-increasing speeds put safety concerns into greater focus and the major series began to drift away. Happily, investment was sourced in time for the 2012 season, with new pit and paddock facilities inserted and a resurfacing of the entire track.

The safety upgrade allowed the return of the Stock Car series, alongside GT racing and Formula Truck. The return of the Stock Car races has not been without incident, however, with major crashes for Marcos Gomes, Wellington Justino and Nonô Figueiredo in 2013 leading to calls for further upgrades. It was no surprise to see a new chicane inserted at the fast Turn 3 in time for the 2014 races.
    Last edited by Joe Miller; 06-18-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Will there be a small BoP between Golf/ Passat/ Beetle ?
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    Will there be a small BoP between Golf/ Passat/ Beetle ?
    See here: https://cmsracing.com/champion/forum...stration/page4
    blue skies, jerry

------------------
    Pass carefully - Driver chews tobacco

I tested with 40kg of ballast at AutoPolis and ran a second slower... I though it was ok but looking at it now...

Jon, how fast can you go? Do you have anything left in your 1:18.352 ?

There's not much left in my present 1:16.766.

With only one Passat R, it's not enough to make a decision but I think 50... 60 kg would even things a bit more. 80 kg would probably be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles Lalonde View Post
    I tested with 40kg of ballast at AutoPolis and ran a second slower... I though it was ok but looking at it now...

Jon, how fast can you go? Do you have anything left in your 1:18.352 ?

There's not much left in my present 1:16.766.

With only one Passat R, it's not enough to make a decision but I think 50... 60 kg would even things a bit more. 80 kg would probably be too much.
    I may squeeze another .3-.5 sec but not sure. I think comparison should be made looking at 2 previous races too. This track actually has less understeer-effect factor due to all corners being mid/ high speed sweepers with a good approach.
    So a slight coasting makes the Passat turn easily vs complete let go of gas negotiating sharper corners. But if your times in the Beetle are an indication of race pace, then we are doomed again. By the way Seis and Tala Larga corners
    have to be negotiated with a complete rallycross style with FWD cars to not lose much time thru there, but causes tire wear and is very risky.

As far as weight ballast goes 80 Kg seems too much of a penalty for the Beetle, maybe 50 or so. But I don't want to be judging/ suggesting the amount as I am (as FWD driver) the beneficiary of that decision.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

70 kg of ballast has now been applied to the Fusca.

If it proves to be too much, we'll fine tune it. Considering the advantage Fusca drivers were graced with last round, perhaps they'll refrain from complaint until at least one round and further fine tuning

Is there a way to reset LiveRacers?

Or maybe just remove the 3 first Fusca times?

Is there a way to reset LiveRacers?

Or maybe just remove the 3 first Fusca times?
    No and yes.

No, I can't reset it.
    Yes, I can edit out the top times, but the issue is that it then falls back on the next fastest time from that particular driver. I erase that one, it falls back to the next, and so on.
    Last time I did that, I bet I deleted 100+ laps before I got it sorted correctly. I don't intend to do that again. Wish it was easier, but some admin options at live racers are sort of sparse with what can/can't be done with this sort of thing.

...done any laps @ 70kg yet, Gilles?

I'll do later tonight and post back...

New Times

With 5 laps worth of fuel: 1:17.63
    I had to reduce rear brake bias and lower rear spring rate... the car does not like it.

I had written 50-60 kg because that's what would do. 70kg... 154.4 pounds... it's a lot!

I just did 20 laps dicing with Peter, , I couldn't pass him, the tires went away too fast.
    Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 06-18-2019 at 01:12 AM.

I'll do later tonight and post back...

New Times

With 5 laps worth of fuel: 1:17.63
    I had to reduce rear brake bias and lower rear spring rate... the car does not like it.

I had written 50-60 kg because that's what would do. 70kg... 154.4 pounds... it's a lot!

I just did 20 laps dicing with Peter, , I couldn't pass him, the tires went away too fast.
    2 rounds with heavy advantage over all others, I guess I was wrong that perhaps some Fusca drivers wouldn't complain if they were disadvantaged slightly for one race
    At 1:17.6, you're still lapping faster than Peter, even if you can't pass him (it's not just the tires falling off) Still half a second faster on a lap on that particular car, and still faster (for the most part) than what I can do in the Gol.
    So basically, still able to fight, just hindered a bit.

We'll see what happens under race conditions. If it's too much it'll be altered before next round.
    It won't be altered again before this one though.