Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Discord

I used a fresh download. Can't find Discord anywhere on my PC. Could it be in my registry ? If so........I'm afraid to even go there.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnslo View Post
    I used a fresh download. Can't find Discord anywhere on my PC. Could it be in my registry ? If so........I'm afraid to even go there.
    What's in the log of that error message you initially posted?
    Maybe some info on why it fails in there?

Shouldn't be in registry, don't think you'll need to go through all that (not yet anyways)

You running any kind of anti virus?

3. Default

Hi oldnslo.

Send me a private message on this if you have questions or we can talk on the phone if you're still stumped after reading this through.

Backtracking some on Discord...

1) First, read this thread if you haven't already. https://cmsracing.com/champion/forum...Invite-to-Join

2) Go into your Control Panel for Windows 7 and select Programs (if I remember correctly) and see if the installed list of Windows programs includes Discord. If it does, uninstall it, then reboot your computer.

3) Next, look in "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Program Files (x86)" and see if there are any folders left that say Discord. If there are, delete the residue folders, and reboot.

4) There are two versions of Discord. One that runs from the browser in the cloud. The other one from a download and installs to your computer. The one that installs to your computer is the one you want.

5) On the Discordapp.com page, select the button for "Download for Windows". Once it is downloaded, right click on the icon and select it to "Run as Administrator" and install it.

6) Once you have Discord installed on your computer use this link. It will give you the invite link to join the CMS Discord server.

7) Once connected to the CMS Discord server, it will give you access to a few of the channels. Send me a private message and I will update you to a member role so you can see the other channels.

A suggestion. Microsoft is offering free upgrades from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Windows 7 security support ends (for real) in December and is going to be really risky to use from then forward. Take a look here how to update your Windows 7 to Windows 10. https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-...ws-10-upgrade/

Thanks for the help. And a special thanks to Jason Whited. He walked me through the installation. At times I think he must have been pulling his hair out because of my ineptness. Anyway while I still have problems navigating and finding fellow CMS members at races, it is fully installed and operational. Thank you again Jason.