Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Race Recap - GT3 Series at Laguna Seca

First of all nice to see everyone and such a big field! Hope it keeps being this size.

Now for the good part or maybe not so good.

Qualy:

Almost completely missed it i came in with just 5 minutes to qualy so I could only do one lap and made too many mistakes but fortunately got front row.

Race:

Race started real good, i wasnít pushing myself or the car and just try to keep Victor busy in front of me, with .3 each lap ahead of me (Victor) he was slowly having some little mistakes which was what i was looking for, as kinda pulled away from third and fourth at around lap 10 we caught some back markers at the corkscrew such a wonderful place to meet right!? Well it was 5 of us and I donít know if they were racing for positions or not but victor got passed two of them if I remember correctly and I got caught behind all three as we went down the Corkscrew, then I commit to pass one of them on the extreme right of the track and i dont know if he didnt see me but he started to push me out as the one in front of us spins at rainey curve and then BOOM colision he pushed me out and then collided me for a second time.

Lost 8 positions and was 20 seconds behind Victor now, worked as hard as I could to try to bring him closer and as I passed 4th and 3rd he was only at 12s, after that i pushed pushed pushed, and got to a 5s gap with 4 laps remaining, but unfortunately my tires were so messed up i missed t4 and spun and collided with the wall las couple of laps were 1.5 seconds slower due to car damage.

Overall i think the race went decent although the combination of 40cars on this track with such a difference in pace from one driver to another could make a it a little chaotic since you are passing someone or getting passed all the race. Some lapped cars dis a good job to let leaders pass others not so good, but I think that as we race more we will know how to face one another as we get to know all the drivers.

See you next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricmotech GTPro3 pedals | Ricmotech Minimite DD |Rexing F1 Carbon Wheel | Ricmotech AP/ Extreme Chassis Momo Daytona Seat | Triple Screen 27''

Shoulder has been giving me some issues as of late because I separated it twice in as many weeks and it's still healing - so my longevity has diminished significantly and it gets twingy with fatigue.

Good practice all week, good quali... Found a groove in P5 and was ready to settle in for the long haul when I smashed the sausage curb in turn 10 for the first time I think in my driving career... Crumpled the RF quater panel set my steering off to the right slightly. Manageable but what a pain in my ass!

Next lap, @ the Kink... Same damn thing... Smashed the sausage like it's my job and looped it straight into the wall.

Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Laguna is one of my top3 favorites too, what a shame.

Grats to the podiums!
    2016 Season 2 CMS iRacing AM Champion
    2018 Inaugural CMS/TXL Lone Star Sports Car Series Champion

My night ended how it started. One big mess.
    Life got in the way and just made it with a few minutes before qually. Grabbed the setup I had been practicing with but didn't realize my team had come up with a better one.
    Somehow had my mic button switched on my wheel so while I was talking to the guys I wasn't getting a response, and just got flustered and only managed 1 sloppy lap in qually,
    Big apologies to my teammate Mr. Freels as I got into the back of him at the last turn pileup at the green. Luckily it didn't seem to affect him and i slowly started to get comfortable and making my way through the field.
    Had some good fun and good battles with guys - sorry Kenneth - I got the run and thought you were conceding the corner and I tried to keep it tight.
    Got up to 14th or so yet for some reason my fuel consumption was worse than my teammates so I pitted early, and came out in 12th after the round of stops.
    By then the track was getting really dusty and my tires were getting well worn, so a slow down and multiple off and Liam was all over me.
    Then as my usual luck would have it, either netcode or bad internet connection on my end and my car jolted and veered right, into the wall.
    Race over.
    Great to see such a turn out, and from what I saw, the racing was hard and fair.
    Congrats to the podium and the CanAm guys for all placing int the top 20 overall.
    Last edited by dlidkea; 06-13-2019 at 06:51 PM.

I'm attempting to use iRacing Replay Director to make a race recap video this season....this was my first attempt at using it, and I created a 10-minute highlight video. A member of the Texas League made these last year and I loved them, so I thought I'd try my hand at them.

This one's not that great, but today while at work my home computer is transcoding the full length race, which I'll post late tonight if it works out right. It's not perfect, and I need to tweak some things, but I hope this will add to the season somewhat.

Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

Tim, I love the race director video! And it looks much nicer than what I've got on my machine!

I've never been a big fan of Laguna Seca - it seems to be one of those easy to learn but tough to master type courses. But I do like a lot of the corners - I just don't seem to be consistent.

I felt OK throughout practice - I was struggling with corner exit and definitely spent a lot of time in the dirt. Tim eventually suggested switching to our old tried-and-true setup, which cost me about two tenths a lap, but was much, much more stable. Progress!

Qualifying went well. I was a little higher than I had hoped, though it turned out to be a pretty ugly place. I got the green flag just before the apex of T11, but I did manage to dodge the carnage behind me at race start. Unfortunately, I miscalculated my turn in on T6 when I was side by side with another car and wound up getting sideways up Rahal Straight. I kept it off the wall, but was all the way back to 36th or 37th at the end of lap 1. Le sigh.

Head down, I began my charge through the field. Slow in, fast out. I didn't run into anyone blocking and I was battling for position. Had a good lap battle with Vincent, and another about 2 laps long with Jay S.

Later in the race I'd caught up with Drew and he had a poor exit out of T5. I wasn't sure how slow he'd be, so I went along side and, when I realized I he was faster than I thought, backed out of T6 a car length earlier. Apparently iRacing didn't think so because it caused one of the most egregious netcodes I've ever seen - I was at least 2' from Drew, but it punted him to the moon.

The rest of the race was largely uneventful. I did have one leader follow me for about a lap and then flashed his lights at me because he wanted by. I don't believe he was upset or that I was blocking (I was just running my line), but as I was trying to reel in guys in front, I didn't want to lift down a straight. Once I was shown a nose, I made room.

Quite pleased to finish where I did, given the early off. Very happy to have only picked up 3x, too!

-

Sorry about the slow update on standings. I was attempting to learn danlisa, but discovered it won't handle classes the way we have the scoring set up so GT3 will have to be manual. I've mostly got the sheet done, but have to enter the race results. Miatas should just be on danlisa, which will be easier!

I'm checking the analytics of the video I posted, and I started wondering....

Would anyone really be interested in the full 75 minute race being posted this way?

Would it be better to do the highlights instead, but instead of 10 minutes, do 15, or 20 minutes?

I'm just playing with this right now, as, you know, I don't have anything else to do

But I really like the way these videos work, and I'd love to start learning how to add a title card, end card with info about the leagues, etc...so, I'm having fun.

Yeah, I know. Nerd.
    Tim Collier

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

I like a 10 minute or even 5 minute highlight video we can post on the front page of the website any more than that seems long to me for a recap.

my personal motorsports blog

First post updated with current GT3 Points Standings (thanks Liam!)

Team Points will be updated after GT3 Race #2!
    Tim Collier

you are responsible for the car in front of you regardless of the flag. everyone is Racing here not just the pros with everyone else just lapping. PERIOD

those of you running in a lower class with higher class abilities need to man up and move up, sand bagging your abilities just to win is chicken shit. PERIOD This is how big field diminish because other feel they have no chance at all so why be here. race officials should look at results, practice times, q times and not just iRacing ratings.

Race recap
    Q 20 or 21 dont remember and worked up to 10 and then let a few guys go who were faster knowing they would come back to me as my tire wear is next to nothing. looking at the field I decide to short pit fuel only. had a problem my mic quit working so I could not communicate with drivers behind. came back out of pits in 19 and was just waiting for everyone else to pit. then and myself and another driver had a difference of opinion of where one should pass and obviously the pit meeting wasn't heard by one of us. hurt the race for both of us in the end.

on to the next one

Life's journey is not about showing up to the grave in a well preserved body, But to come in sideways totally used up Shouting WOO HOO what a F*&^ing ride.

10. Default

Jay, regarding the field deciding to run in a lower class.... I thought we were assigned our "class". I don't think anyone opted to be in pro, silver, or AM. or at least that was my understanding....