Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Special Event - CMS 2.4 Belgium

1. Default

Did anyone have a freeze, stutter, or get the drop-out-of-realtime bug?

I had a minor freeze/stutter early in the race.
    Steen Nielsen (aka. wheeler)

Tom Walkinshaw: "When black goes to green, you are in troubles..."

I don't think I had a freeze or stutter the entire race. Probably the first time that's ever happened lol.

No obvious stutters for me but it still felt like I was having really small amounts of stutters or shake at certain laps, usually when turning corners (fast scene draw).
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    No obvious stutters for me but it still felt like I was having really small amounts of stutters or shake at certain laps, usually when turning corners (fast scene draw).
    That sounds like you may need a more juiced-up video card Jon. Black Friday & Christmas is coming.

No stutters here either. Also, ran high settings on just about everything...full textures, high shadows, high enviro/road reflections.
    Only stutter I remember is entering the final chicane when Tom's car kept loading in and out in the first quali (before the restart).

I do know what Jon is taking about though. A few times, exiting T12 (coming through the last apex) it almost felt like frames were being skipped (not stutter, literally skipping a few frames)...similar to the "out of real time" bug effect, but not quite a stutter, nor did it appear I lost time. Actually, nothing really changed when it happened, but happened rather consistently in that area (like Jon said, fast scene draw, I think)

I'm on 4gb 1050Ti, and was not consuming all the available VRAM, even with much higher settings than I typically run. I do run opponent detail at medium (with full texture detail opponent cars still look ok) because opponents tend to chew up some VRAM when it's not really necessary.

Also, if anyone has micro stutters (vysnc on) and cannot sort it, go grab Rivatuner, use that to lock to refresh rate. You won't regret it
    Oh...and before you do, if you have a frame cap in your plr, get rid of it. ....best thing I ever done!

7. Default

Sorry for the no-show - my buddy got called up to the PCSL team here in town & I went to lend my vocal support.....

Hopefully I can catch the next one.