Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fanatec V3 Pedals - Anyone own?

Default Fanatec V3 Pedals - Anyone own?

I've been in the pedal market off and on for a while having bought my current set of V2s about 5 years ago, and while they work they're just about worn out.

Been looking at the Heusinkveld Sprints, but finding comments that they require a much stiffer cockpit solution than the Obutto Ozone's pedal plate can handle and require some DIY/tweaking or even replacing the entire cockpit. I just don't want to get into all of that, keep things simple, and not spend money on another cockpit just to upgrade the pedals.

I've had plenty of luck with Fanatec, so I thought I'd take another look at the V3 pedals and the brake damper kit, and they seem like they're on par with the V2's as far as quality goes, but I wanted to hear from anyone who has a set.

Thoughts please?
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift S

I have the Ozone cockpit and had a T-500 wheel and pedal set. A couple months ago I replaced the pedals with the V3i pedals. Best thing I've done to my racing rig. The back "feet" on the pedal base are on a curved leg. I hang the legs over the crossbar in the Ozone cockpit that supports the Ozone pedal plate; which I don't use. The pedals don't move and are very solid. And I like the angle it gives the pedals.

The V3 pedals, based on the pictures, back feet legs are more gently curved than the V3i. I don't know whether they would "hang" from the bar securely. But couldn't you just drill some holes in the Obutto pedal plate and secure the V3 pedals with bolts? They have a drilling template that you can download, I believe, to see if the V3 base fits on the Obutto pedal plate. The Ozone pedal plate I have is strong enough to support the pedals.

Good luck with the new pedals!
    Last edited by jham; 06-09-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    blue skies, jerry

------------------
    Pass carefully - Driver chews tobacco

They are excellent pedals Tim especially with the Damper Kit ... you will be happy. They work great with Obutto too.

David

my personal motorsports blog

Thanks Jerry, I figured they would pretty much fit in the same holes I have the V2 mounted to the pedal plate. Glad to know you like them, I value your opinion greatly.

David, I was considering getting both the Damper Kit and the Brake Performance Kit. Did you get both, or just the Damper?
    Tim Collier

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift S

I have both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my personal motorsports blog

I ordered a set of pedals, and both the damper kit and the brake performance kit.

Now the wait....ugh.
    Tim Collier

7. Default

Mine just came. Splendid surprise gift. Now to figure out a way to mount them, since I don't have a cockpit/base to utilize.

Probably an oversize sheet of MDF to bolt them into.

Mine came in as well Greg, spent a couple of hours last night installing the Brake Performance and Damper Kits. Before I installed the kits, I could already tell the brake pedal was better than my V2's. Can't wait to try them out tonight...didn't have time to mount them in the cockpit last night!

Please post your thoughts on them when you give them a test!
    Tim Collier

Quote Originally Posted by doughboy1013 View Post
    Mine just came. Splendid surprise gift. Now to figure out a way to mount them, since I don't have a cockpit/base to utilize.

Probably an oversize sheet of MDF to bolt them into.
    Hi Greg,

I am still sporting the V2s and do not have a cockpit,. So I mounted mine on a 3/4" piece of plywood so I could push them against the wall and have some space to mount other securing devices. Dimensions are about 14"W x 20" D. The plank adds a lot of stability and other means of securing them to wherever you are using them. I also have a piece of exercise mat (about 3/8" thick) epoxied to the heel plate for shoe-less driving. I will eventually upgrade to V3 or something if my V2s ever get worn too much (they are pretty tough). Probably if I ever get a proper cockpit.

10. Default

Brette, that’s exactly my plan. Bought a 24x24in sheet of plywood a few days ago, and will grab basic carpet to cover the plywood. Area under the desk is 25x26, so this will allow me to secure to the desk edges if needed.