Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Campo Grande (Brazilian TCC) Post Race Data, Discussion, and Standings

Default Campo Grande (Brazilian TCC) Post Race Data, Discussion, and Standings

The Brazilian Touring Car Classics Summer Club Sprint Series Results and DATA
    Race 1

Race 2

FL GTB Standings

FL Standings

Seniors Standings

Replay Race 1
    Replay Race 2
    Last edited by Joe Miller; 06-04-2019 at 11:36 PM.

Is there an option to change the gearing on these cars? I can' figure out why in the same car as Jason my top speed 187.8 kph/116.8mph and Jason has a top speed of 198.3kph/123.9mph
    I mean my car is redlining and can't go past 117mph so I am just trying to figure out where Jason, in the same Gol car, is able to get almost another 7mph.
    I still had fun and these car are a blast. Looking forward to the rest of the races.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Regan View Post
    Is there an option to change the gearing on these cars? I can' figure out why in the same car as Jason my top speed 187.8 kph/116.8mph and Jason has a top speed of 198.3kph/123.9mph
    I mean my car is redlining and can't go past 117mph so I am just trying to figure out where Jason, in the same Gol car, is able to get almost another 7mph.
    I still had fun and these car are a blast. Looking forward to the rest of the races.
    We're in slightly different versions of the Gol. Your's is 5 speed, and about 15 less hp than the one I've got. The version I have is 4 speed only and while it has a bit more hp, it's a bit heavier as well. Can check the showroom to see the exact stats on them, just go by the original driver name (can see it on live racers data)

Given it's "the same car" (both are the same goal just different specs) it won't apply to the rule change about not being able to switch cars after your first race without relinquishing points in that car. You can change to the one with same specs if you'd like, we have some skins and can sort them if need be.

ETA: No option for gear change in the Gol I'm driving either.

Sorry Vic
    for getting in your way in race 2 about lap 3, the bug felt like it was on castors at that moment.
    one lap later the program crashed.

Garry
    Windows 10 Pro---I7-6700K---16GB Ram---Logitech G27---GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB---Triple monitor,

Sorry Bob Sullivan for getting into the rear in Race 2, lap 1. I got the worst of it at least and the contact spit me out to the left and the gravel. I had one more off after that and didn't fancy watching the Bugs blast away again.

So when are we applying the Balance of Performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Soucy View Post
    Sorry Bob Sullivan for getting into the rear in Race 2, lap 1. I got the worst of it at least and the contact spit me out to the left and the gravel. I had one more off after that and didn't fancy watching the Bugs blast away again.

No worries, I was super slow through that corner and I assumed that threw you off. It didn't affect me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Soucy View Post
    We have. We've been forced to move the GTB into a class of it's own because it's now quite clear it's too fast for the others.

The others seem to have advantages/disadvantages, but looking at times over the course of a lap (race times, not just a hotlap) they are all able to run together just fine.

Yes, the cars are not some LE mod where every car operates on same engine/physics.
    It was/is up to drivers to select a car they feel will work for them. ...I guess some didn't bother to actually look through or test the cars though because it appears a few were caught out by this rather than understanding it from the get go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    We're in slightly different versions of the Gol. Your's is 5 speed, and about 15 less hp than the one I've got. The version I have is 4 speed only and while it has a bit more hp, it's a bit heavier as well. Can check the showroom to see the exact stats on them, just go by the original driver name (can see it on live racers data)

Given it's "the same car" (both are the same goal just different specs) it won't apply to the rule change about not being able to switch cars after your first race without relinquishing points in that car. You can change to the one with same specs if you'd like, we have some skins and can sort them if need be.

ETA: No option for gear change in the Gol I'm driving either.
    Thanks Jason. I didn't realize there would be a difference between the same make of cars. I'm fine staying with the car I am in. It seemed to handle the corners much better than other cars but I was getting left behind on the long straights. I've made the mistake of not asking this kind of question in the past and it has bitten me in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Regan View Post
    Thanks Jason. I didn't realize there would be a difference between the same make of cars. I'm fine staying with the car I am in. It seemed to handle the corners much better than other cars but I was getting left behind on the long straights. I've made the mistake of not asking this kind of question in the past and it has bitten me in the butt.
    Like I say, no issue at all if you want to move to the Gol with the 4 speed specs..but yeah, I'd test it first. It's a tricky little monster. The additional hp comes with a cost.

That said, this series is in the club series vain...this is (should be) an exercise in proper FWD technique for drivers outside the GTB. (ie...it's not so much about winning - or rather, it shouldn't be - as much as it is about improving skill level in cars most sim racers typically shy away from)
    It's not a spec series, and completely BoP'd performance cannot really be expected (though, I'll probably funnel a lot of this data to Reiza just because)....nigh impossible to truly test this outside of a bunch of test races with other drivers. When tested with AI, the GTB did not stand out like it did last night (even when I drove it)...so it was not really something we could plan for, and was something we only started to really take note of a few days prior to this event.

It had been such a long time setting and driving a FWD car so when I saw the options among cars jumped into the Passat. Last night's race though I was surprised to see the huge difference between GTB and the rest. I'm glad I didn't post anything last night I see GTB moved to a class on its own. Which is the right thing to do for the moment. I don't think an easy and quick BoP be applied to fix the difference, it will take time and season already started.

Enjoyed the battle amongst non-GTB cars in second race. Start was a little hectic though with GTBs coming thru even before the T1 and there were some forceful passes. If the difference is that big (enough to make a seperate class) this maybe expected, but are we still going to have inverted top 10? It will be like mixing LMP1 with LMP2 cars. Either way though I am ok with it.

One question: I don't see my name in seniors list!?
    __The view is great from moral high ground__