Thread: Request for logs if paid content won't update

Default Request for logs if paid content won't update

Studio397 has heard our complaints and is trying to fix the problem! Please help if you can.
    (This is usually after an update and try to log on to the server and it tells yo package not found)
    Thread Here

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Offermans, post: 986512, member: 3
    A few of you occasionally have reported issues with updates to paid content not automatically downloading and installing. If that happens to you again, we would be grateful if you could supply us with the following logs from the Steam Client (typically found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\logs or wherever you installed it):
    * cloud_log.txt and cloud_log.previous.txt;
    * workshop_log.txt and workshop_log.previous.txt;
    * content_log.txt and content_log.previous.txt.
    The known workaround for solving this is to manually unsubscribe from the workshop item that's associated with the content you bought and then subscribe again. That will trigger a new download which always fixes the issue. However, that should not be necessary and in our discussions to Valve about this, they've requested those logs. Since it does not happen a lot, we could really use your help.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Fryman View Post
    Studio397 has heard our complaints and is trying to fix the problem! Please help if you can.
    (This is usually after an update and try to log on to the server and it tells yo package not found)
    Thread Here
    Nice. At least they see the issue and seem to be pushing to fix this and some other things as well.

This one's an issue I've only had once or twice after updates. Only had to unsub and resub once, the other times I just closed the launcher and reopened it and it suddenly grabbed the right version and I was good to go.
    VEC content causes issues sometimes with this....but I always unsub the VEC mod before opening rF2 after a known update. Take it completely out of the equation. Re add it after I know everything is working correctly. Sometimes have to open close launcher a few times to get it to "take".

But, I'd imagine it's annoying as all hell for some that have slower internet. Redownloading the GT3/Endurance pack...it takes a while. I'm on 100/100, on a hardline, and it still takes me a good 15-20 minutes when I've had to do it. I cannot imagine what it would take with slower internet. Hours probably

This might be more a Steam workshop issue than just an rF2 in general issue, so might end up being an easy-ish fix for them if they can get some logs and see what is causing it.

(I'll say all this, then they'll update in a few days...and I'll struggle with 100 problems getting it to take. *knocks, HARD, on desk)

It's nice to see that they are not afraid to ask for help with this and the out of sync/stutter issue.
    Others may disagree but I see it as being transparent about problems and working on solutions which should create goodwill among the users.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Fryman View Post
    It's nice to see that they are not afraid to ask for help with this and the out of sync/stutter issue.
    Others may disagree but I see it as being transparent about problems and working on solutions which should create goodwill among the users.
    I somewhat agree with that. It IS nice to see the push for solutions.
    But, it DID take a bit too long (perhaps an understatement) given the amount of feedback describing these issues and others. We're talking about at least a year or more here, before they even admitted that these issues are real and not just "user end" issues.

Know how many times I've been told my issues were because I didn't know how to set up my gear properly, or to adjust settings properly, etc?
    I once created a thread on the shadows issue in rF2 (the "worm" shadows that render as you drive, with the big blur out front sometimes - track/mod dependent of course)
    I was initially told the issue was my end. Then when I went further and made video of the issue, and pressed on in the thread, the very same person that told me that the issue was mine, admitted they also have the issue and that "the issue" is not really "fixable" currently.
    Like, dude, you just spent two pages of thread denying the issue exists and claiming it's all on me, and then you turn around in a singular post and admit the issue exists and you EVEN HAVE THE ISSUE!?!

I will give Marcel credit...he responded rather quickly when I posted the video on the S397 discord.
    Yet, when I sat for days on the forum (where not so many eyes see, I think) the devs are completely silent.

Moral of my half on, half off topic story here....it's going to take a slight bit more to convince me wholly that these issues will be resolved (or worked on, at the least)

It's also going to take a bit more to convince me that they are intent on creating a proper simulator. Lately, a whole lot of DLC push, yet not a lot of fixes and other things that need to be done.
    We don't even have dynamic track temps....tires are not even affected by track temps. There is no proper drive train modeling (even if not "proper", I cannot see why they cannot implement something like AMS has in regards to drive train. It's not perfect, but it's certainly better than the complete lack of it in rF2. Being able to rack through the gears in an old car where it shouldn't really be possible in most cases...kinda immersion killing for me. I guess that's why I do a lot of modern cars in rF2 lately, a sort of "work around")

I'd like to see a bit more focus on this sort of thing.
    And yeah, I understand they got to make money to keep churning it out...and that's fine. But I don't feel the balance between the two is quite there right now.
    I think they are seeing many of us saying this, and are trying, so I'll give them credit for that.

Moral of this story...I admire S397 and their work on this sim that we definitely wouldn't even be discussing or enjoying without them. But I also don't cut much slack when I pay for a product, just because I like a company or the people that work there.
    Pressure drives progress...thus pressure and push (within reason) I will Obviously, don't expect everything "I want"....but I'd at least like to see some of the core issues discussed more. Lately feels like all focus is on graphics (looks) and more new DLC stuff...and more graphics. Graphics, graphics, graphics.....blah! I want to hear about physics, how they intend to improve upon things, etc etc etc. For the most part, it's fine how it looks. Many times, it actually looks very nice. I don't need ACC level maxed out graphics to enjoy a sim. BUT, I do need proper physics, proper simulation of things on a race track...the things that stimulate me, drive me, keep me here.

5. Default

I’ve started the habit of unsubscribing, deleting all vehicle files, and subscribing fresh before every Endurance event. Will have to remember to test this.