Thread: New Season Announcement Coming Soon -- Tune in Here!!!

Default New Season Announcement Coming Soon -- Tune in Here!!!

Hi Everyone, thanks so much for providing feedback on your interests for our next season. I have great news, a new season for us here in the Weds Night iRacing league will be announced very soon! You all are going to love it --- and racing for pre season will start as soon as next week!

As Busy as Jason and Larry have been Tim Collier is going to step in and help us get the ball rolling and I know others such as Liam and Miguel have offered to help, so more coming soon but wanted to get the word out!!!

DA

my personal motorsports blog

Thanks David, and I want everyone to know that this is just to help carry on what Jason and Larry started getting the Wednesday night series up and rolling again.

Specifics will be announced soon, but I will go ahead and share the premise with everyone now...

The first official race will run June 12th, and starting next week we can do some pre-season racing to get things into gear!

This season will alternate weeks between cars, with GT3s one week, and the MX-5 the following week. Both series will use the official iRacing schedules for S3 to set the venue for us. That way, you can run there and here all week long!

The GT3 series will have Pro, Am and Gent classes, scored separately, and the classifications will be worked out based on this past season and the very successful split that Jason and Larry had made, as well as adjustments up and down for a few drivers. We will set the schedule using the VRS Endurance Series schedule on iRacing, so those running the endurance events can use this as additional track time!

As for the MX-5 series, this is a way to have more fun in between races with a car that's pure driving pleasure. We haven't discussed points or classifications (if needed) for this series, but we hope that you will be as excited as we are to have this on the schedule. The Miatas are such a hoot to drive, and there's so many of you here that drive very similar cars on track days in real life! We hope that means you'll be joining us of course!

There's still stuff to work out in the meantime, but know that the point of this season is to keep the momentum going with our previous season, and we will use the same system for points and provisionals, and race distances will be kept at 60 minutes with reduced tank capacity, just like last season. Why mess with something that worked so well!

The first pre-season race is tentatively planned for next Wednesday night, the 15th, at Monza. All of the GT3 cars will be available to choose from for this event, which will use realistic weather and random track state.

More information is coming, but we wanted to get this ball rolling ASAP, so please make plans to race with Champion Motorsports on Wednesday night for several months in the foreseeable future!!
    Last edited by TimCollier; 05-15-2019 at 09:23 AM.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift S

Count me in!! Awesomeee!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk