Thread: Ratings or Password Please Weigh in

Default Ratings or Password Please Weigh in

Team

Need, desire feedback from everyone. When our season starts the first week of June we have two options. Either protect access to the server with a password the way we always have, or by ratings (meaning no password). I really want to do password and not have to rely on ratings, but we haven't seen stellar attendance in the fun races we have planned. So Would like everyone's feedback on this -- and again please let us know one way or another if you are planning to join us for the season.

Best,

David

my personal motorsports blog

Password.

I like the rating system in ACC, but that also means that anyone who meets those ratings can enter without ever having "set foot" here at cmsracing.com
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

Quote Originally Posted by TimCollier View Post
    Password.

I like the rating system in ACC, but that also means that anyone who meets those ratings can enter without ever having "set foot" here at cmsracing.com
    I agree with tim, password that sun B****

I think the track competence rating is most important as most CMS drivers we need not worry about being drivers that would cause trouble. But just in that one fun race last there was a loose cannon all over the place. And this will happen if not password protected.

ACC has made huge strides since it 1st dropped. I hated it the 1st time but now I think those who are trying it will have the same excitement. I say lets keep scheduling test races and see how the draw increases within CMS I mean we have a ton signed up?
    Racing From The Darkside!

---------------------------
    JT Tami

Champion Racing

2011 NALMS LMP1 Champion - #97 Champion Racing Audi R10 TDI

Quote Originally Posted by JTninja View Post
    I'd say passwords once the season starts, but for practice or fun races before, Id leave it open to gain interest.
    Yes, leave the free join available until race day (throughout the season) but keep a decent safety rating as an initial safeguard. Plus a PW on race day.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

Good idea guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my personal motorsports blog

Yeah PW on raceday is a must.
    I hope the safety rating implementation works in ACC so you can have fun at public lobbies too. It has been, in my experience, a joke to try to race on public servers in Assetto Corsa, as the collision boxes punish the punted not the punt-ee.

100% agree. we are having issues (T1 wreckfest) at RD even with a pswd, but this is because there are random races with random drivers.
    Being this a league, just the pswd and the replay feature should work as a deterrent.
    Sunday I clipped the tire into the grass while braking at T1 Nurburg and the car went on ice until I crashed into the leader (top ranking) during Q. 100% my fault that had consequences with the ACC ratings, but it was not intentional, like most accidents IRL.
    i7 4790k | RTX 2080ti | Win10 | Pimax 8k | NLR V3 | AccuForce v2 | SimworX GTv3

Worry about safety ratings in the beginning of the season, not even fully sure yet how they work, most CMS leagues use pws just fine...