Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Season Planning iRacing Weds Series!

Let me add just one more thing regarding the intent of this Wednesday night league.

I don't think it should be configured as a training ground or prep area for the endurance series on iRacing. It needs to stand on it's own, and configured for what's best for those who run Wednesday nights
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift S

Quote Originally Posted by TimCollier View Post
    GT3's only.

Pro, AM and Gents classes. Would like to see the car number by class method implemented.

Move last season's Am winner to Pro (yeah, you Kris!), and move Gents winner to Am.

Leave everything else as it was (points system, rules).

Have fun.
    What he said......I had a poor showing this season between work and my computer not handling the late day and night races but the new rig is up and running well so would like another run at it.
    Racing From The Darkside!

I understand where that is coming from and do agree with it and compromises should not be made to match another series. But on the other hand if we are running same cars as an iracing series and similar tracks anyway then there is probably benefit to aligning the track selection even if we do our own thing on race length, restrictions etc.

Last series we did have inconsistent showings in the pro class and i do wonder if that is because they are also preparing to race other tracks with other car setups at the same time. I really don't have anything solid to base this on but i wonder if we will get even more attendance in our league if we are sometimes aligned with other races that people are participating in within the same week... maybe, maybe not..

Btw i really like the idea of community building in Miguel's post. It seems a shame we have this big group of people who race but the actual community participation is actually very low. And i get its just how things are, people are busy, its certainly not anyone's fault or anything like that but also it would be cool if there was a way to grow that a bit more.
Obutto Rev | Oculus Rift | Fanatec Clubsport v2.5 + Formula Wheel | Heusinkveld Pro Pedals
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I'd be happy if it was GTE or GT3 - just not both. I'd prefer just one tier of car, but if we are going to have two different classes of car, please make sure there's a good speed difference between classes.

I like the idea of aligning with the official series - it offers free practices and could boost attendance if people are looking to practice. It's so much more fun to practice with other people, even if they're strangers. It's always easy to swap out a track for a week if it's something awful. Since we race every other week, we'd only have to adhere to half the schedule and we can fill out the other half of the season with other tracks. One small drawback would be the fuel % - there wouldn't be much of a fuel strategy if we ran full tanks. Might have to run 75min races,

I would also like to see the classes identified by number, too, whether we have two or three classes of drivers.

I prefer solo qualifying, but don't have a strong opinion.

I'm also willing to help with scoring.

but then, I also want to see a field of Kias, so what do I know?

this is awesome feedback everyone please keep it coming. Also if any of you are willing/able to help with administration of the next season please let me know. Jason has been extremely busy and not at CMS much lately and Larry the same, so we need some folks to help me with volunteering time to admin the series, which doesn't require much effort as we have most of the infrastructure in place, but we need a couple of leads on race night and during the week to deal with routine issues.

my personal motorsports blog

I think everyone is giving great feedback but there is something that you guys pointed out and its the lack of consistency as the series goes through the end, I think people start to lose interest and after missing one race its easy to miss the next one and so on, My point is we NEED something to keep everyone consistent and I think IMHO is we need to have a registration fee where people will commit to race because they payed for it, The money that is raised should be the prize for each category of drivers (since doing a broadcast isn't appealing anymore) and we as racers will race for something tangible that would help us get to our goals (better hardware, more content etc....)

Now when it comes to racing I think we need to do the GTE cars as these cars are more up to date that current GT3 cars, we should still separate them between Pro and AMs but we also should think about racing every week just that the week that was supposed to be off use a different car but maybe same track as driving a different car in the same track can be quite different, My suggestion is the Formula Renault 3.5 where its raw power and also you have the 8 uses of DRS which is strategically a nice thing to have.

All that said I'm ready to come back, I've missed this season and I hope we can make more glorious than ever.

Ricmotech GTPro3 pedals | Ricmotech Minimite DD |Rexing F1 Carbon Wheel | Ricmotech AP/ Extreme Chassis Momo Daytona Seat | Triple Screen 27''

Thanks for the feedback Humberto, in my opinion there shouldn't be a need to incentivize drivers to stay with the series throughout the season. The incentive in my opinion is that in return for being a part of the community and racing, you don't have to put out any money of your own to set up races, nor do you have to deal with pick up racing and instead get to see the same drivers week in and week out, forming relationships on and off the track. If someone doesn't stick around for the whole season, that's up to them, but they're also missing out on why Champion Motorsports has been around for 20 years. We're not just here for racing, but as exhibited on these very boards there's tech questions, discussions regarding non-racing games, and lets not forget the potpourri that can be found in the General Discussion thread. We've had members share ups and downs, and found support when they needed it as they went through some of the toughest moments of their lives. We're here for each other, and for some of us, the racing is just a part of it.

When we start talking about entry fees and prize money, it leads to a slippery slope that can have an effect on people both on and off the track. Case and point, many years ago in a previous lifetime, back before this league was Champion Motorsports, we had a series where someone was nice enough to offer up a computer as the prize for the overall champion of the premier series, which in turn the series had a sponsor name. In this time period, even basic PCs were expensive and this one was valued at over $1500! This led to a flurry of sign ups, which was awesome, to the point where we had to turn people away....and the first few races, we had drivers that did anything and everything they could to win....and it led to a lot of suspensions and bans. Then, halfway through the season the prize was withdrawn due to the sponsor's business suffering a fire. This led to a lot of hostility and eventually caused the cancellation of the series.

To keep interest and participation up requires dedication by the drivers who sign up. In my 20 years of multiplayer online league racing, I have yet to see a series where participation doesn't drop off. This happens in iRacing official series' too....and lets face it, some drop out because of lack of time, or other interests, and maybe if they were in it for the points titles or have a few bad races, and decide to just pack it up and come back later. I don't have a problem with any of those reasons, they're personal choices, and it's expected. At least it is to me.

So moving forward with our new season, the goals for the league should be:

- Provide a great place for everyone to race
    - Provide discussions and support for participants
    - Keep it fun, simple and competitive for everyone

And if it's possible, keep everyone full vested in the series from beginning to end.

In the upcoming season, we're going to have scheduled events with multiple classes, which hopefully keeps more drivers interested in the points standings.

And we're going to keep it light and simple...simple rules...have fun.
    Tim Collier

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift S

I'll volunteer to help with in-race night announcements etc.
    I think a big thing we need from every member is to get out and broadcast/recruit for the league / sign-ups in the iRacing forums etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dlidkea View Post
    I'll volunteer to help with in-race night announcements etc.
    I think a big thing we need from every member is to get out and broadcast/recruit for the league / sign-ups in the iRacing forums etc.
    I totally agree drew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my personal motorsports blog

Details for our first pre-season race will be posted in the next 24 hours...as mentioned previously:

Wednesday, May 15th

Qualifying starts at 9:30p Eastern US/8:30p Central US/1:30a GMT.

Monza GP Circuit....

5 GT3 cars to choose from.

More coming soon!! Make plans!!
    Tim Collier

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast