Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Next Season Planning iRacing Weds Series!

Has anyone let the Texas guys know?

Quote Originally Posted by Peterftm View Post
    Has anyone let the Texas guys know?
    I definitely will right now.

Thanks Peter, gotta get that in my head.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V2 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

Has it been decided that the series will run gt3s only? My question is why not GTEs which are the newest iracing cars? We have plenty of them too (Ferrari, Porsche, Ford, BMW) and it case they release 2 new ones we can still add them as we can have 6 different cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricmotech GTPro3 pedals | Ricmotech Minimite DD |Rexing F1 Carbon Wheel | Ricmotech AP/ Extreme Chassis Momo Daytona Seat | Triple Screen 27''

4. Default

Hrmm personally after a bit of time thinking about it i won't run this season with gt3's, though if most people want gt3's then for sure that's what should be run, no complaints from me.

I think it is a great decision to match up with iracing track selection for a related series so props for that one. I'll still keep an eye on the forums and maybe jump in on special events that come up and see what next season brings.
    Obutto Rev | Oculus Rift | Fanatec Clubsport v2.5 + Formula Wheel | Heusinkveld Pro Pedals

Quote Originally Posted by ignition22 View Post
    Hrmm personally after a bit of time thinking about it i won't run this season with gt3's, though if most people want gt3's then for sure that's what should be run, no complaints from me.

I think it is a great decision to match up with iracing track selection for a related series so props for that one. I'll still keep an eye on the forums and maybe jump in on special events that come up and see what next season brings.
    Well thats the thing I would love to race too but now that i think GT3s wont work for me either as I have a full GTE season ahead with the Fr 3.5 but i hope the series will be great fun.

Ricmotech GTPro3 pedals | Ricmotech Minimite DD |Rexing F1 Carbon Wheel | Ricmotech AP/ Extreme Chassis Momo Daytona Seat | Triple Screen 27''

Dion and Humberto - I respect your decision completely, but just so the league officers can understand and possibly make changes accordingly, what is it about the GT3s which discourages you from participating?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77 View Post
    Dion and Humberto - I respect your decision completely, but just so the league officers can understand and possibly make changes accordingly, what is it about the GT3s which discourages you from participating?
    Hey Paul, first let me say that i have nothing against the GT3s they are nice cars to drive and I have enjoyed them since the mp4 came out, then i raced all of them through the years even here (z4,ruf,mercedes,audi) and I have had a blast but now that we have GTE cars I feel that Gt3s are dated and we have cars that are 8 years old when on the gte the oldest car is roughly 2 years old and we are going to get more.

Cars drive so much better and so much closer to real life (gte vs gt3) i just enjoyed them more, simple as that.

I just think that GT3s need a major upgrade in car lineup.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77 View Post
    Hey Paul. I ran the Audi GT3 on the iracing service a long time ago when it first came out and just really didn't enjoy it much, it didn't gel with me and i struggled to be competitive. I switched to open wheels and instantly i was running front of pack i guess just suited my driving style more. When we did CMS pre season, before last season we did GT3s and i was quickly reminded i'm not a big fan of the GT3s even though i could place ok by then. When we switched to the GTEs I guess it was a step towards a faster and more exciting car for me and i felt i could drive it much better. Since the recent series ended ive been racing on the irace service a lot with the GTE and doing many races in a small time frame i feel like i am improving very quickly so i want to continue that in the short term, with a car i really like and with an irating goal in mind where i feel my consistency will finally catch up to my driving skill level then ill move my focus more back to league racing again.

So really its just a personal preference for a faster car and a conflict with my short term skill development plan. If CMS stick with GT3s again in the next season quite possibly ill give the GT3s another try maybe with a Ferrari or something different.
    Obutto Rev | Oculus Rift | Fanatec Clubsport v2.5 + Formula Wheel | Heusinkveld Pro Pedals