Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Season Planning iRacing Weds Series!

Default Next Season Planning iRacing Weds Series!

Ok Everyone, let's open it up to see what everyone thinks sounds good for our next season of iRacing!!! Fire way. No idea is a bad one!

my personal motorsports blog

GT3's only.

Pro, AM and Gents classes. Would like to see the car number by class method implemented.

Move last season's Am winner to Pro (yeah, you Kris!), and move Gents winner to Am.

Leave everything else as it was (points system, rules).

Have fun.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift S

Hey guys, I would like to make a suggestion even though I don't know if I still can as I no longer race here but I want to.

GT3s or GTEs but only one car class for all drivers, lets return to the beginning where everything was more fun and a bit more leveled.
    Lets choose new tracks and maybe new combinations where it feels new but at the same time familiar.

Thats my only suggestion, I hope I can come back and race with all you guys.

PS: My wish would be FR 3.5 that would be awesome.

Ricmotech GTPro3 pedals | Ricmotech Minimite DD |Rexing F1 Carbon Wheel | Ricmotech AP/ Extreme Chassis Momo Daytona Seat | Triple Screen 27''

4. Default

Personal preference would be for GTEs over the GT3s but realize id probably be out voted on that one.

Id love to see even just a short open wheel series ran first (as opposed to between) even if its only 3 - 5 races before jumping back into GTs. Most of the series run on CMS between iracing, RF2 and Assetto are GT cars and it would be great to do a short series of something different.

I think it would be good if some of the tracks that are chosen are close to parallel with what is run on the iracing service ie 3-4 tracks are the same week or week following them being on the iracing service for the same car class. Gives more opportunity for people to have time to run both the league races and the service.
    Obutto Rev | Oculus Rift | Fanatec Clubsport v2.5 + Formula Wheel | Heusinkveld Pro Pedals

Quote Originally Posted by TimCollier View Post
    GT3's only.

Pro, AM and Gents classes. Would like to see the car number by class method implemented.

Move last season's Am winner to Pro (yeah, you Kris!), and move Gents winner to Am.

Leave everything else as it was (points system, rules).

Have fun.
    I concur with Tim

I think the open wheeler missed last season because they were intermixed. They might have a chance if they had their own mini series as Dion suggests.

Yes, Tim, I was planning to move up. Those who've been here for a while remember that I used to be the worst - and mean literally worst - at GT3s. I don't know what happened but the lightbulb seems to have come on and I would now be more appropriate in the Am class. I suspect AJ and Jay might do the same.

As for suggestions...

Pro class should be the elites. They should drive the GTEs and there should only be 6 to 8 of them total. Think of them as the P1s in a WEC race. Quality, not quantity.

Am and Gents and both drive the GT3s with some clear means of distinguishing the cars - numberplate colors, class stickers, class striping, etc - so that people know on track at a glance who is a rival and who is not.

New drivers should be assigned class based on iRating, but subject to change after two completed races. Driver who move down a class would retain full points scored. Drivers who move up would retain half points.

I would propose that the series have a couple special events - a 2 Hours of Lemans or the like - with double points. Have one as the final race of the season.

Every race counts, no drops.

Emphasis on use of classic, great tracks.

At least a couple evening into night races BUT ONLY ON TRACKS WHICH ARE PROPERLY EQUIPPED. Le Mans and Sebring are okay, the Ring is not. Use common sense.

A team championship should be contested. A team consists of two or three cars with the two best scores in class counting for the team title each race. A Pro would team with another pro since they are the only ones in GTE, but Am must team with at least one Gent. This will also serve the purpose of providing help to less experienced drivers.

New cars released by iRacing should be propmptly incorporated into the series provided there are one or more cars which no one currently drives. I would suggest starting with Porsche, Ferrari and BMW in GTE and Mercedes, Audi, Ferrari and BMW in GT3. Switching to a newly-introduced car is not subject to penalty.

Standard iRading qualifying - individual, 8 minutes, 2 laps. it takes less time and eliminates bad luck factors. All GTE cars will grid ahead of GT3 cars, but the GT3 grid could be mixed Gent and Am.

17 incident points limit for a one-hour race, 25 for a two hour race.

I'm sure I'll think of more later, but that's a good start.
    Last edited by blackcat77; 05-06-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Ideally GT3s, though GTEs are good too.

I would also like to see another series on alternating weeks. Preferably not a new open wheeler like last season (which may have been why there was little interest). Doesn't have to be an open wheeler, it could be something free like the MX-5.
    ---------------------------
    JT Tami

Champion Racing

2011 NALMS LMP1 Champion - #97 Champion Racing Audi R10 TDI

Well this is some input... i believe we should look for a purpose to the series in benefit of its members and the community..

Things that should be our first questions or ideas when we (CMS) deside what to offer.

-driver development
    -continuity
    -ladder of progression

Between other things that are important too..

So lets see how I explain it sometimes when you are out for a while and being sim so much when you come back see thing in another way..

Im just coming back of what could be like 2 years absent due to some personal situations that have shaken my complete live. For the good! I get back ans see all the endurance thing going on and quickly formed part of it.. first thing i notice is theres lots more unity between the ones making it reacting in more respect for each others efforts and the dynamic is completely diferent. Other things is wow some of the drivers i left running on the back and been inconsistent, things that i know frustrated them because they were working hard on their driving have improved soooo much! And i will say some names because honestly i feel joy because of it! Paul Hamilton, Liam, Jay wow!! I feel so good to see you racing like you are doing! Damn your high level racers now!!! Did a race with Liam and we where really tough team, and sharing time at nurburg with Paul and the rest and seeing their great knowledge driving, pace, consistency!! Bigg shout out to them!!
    All this because in the endurance we are a team, we just not race for us alone and just need to be the fastest every lap... this help us understand better what we actually doing with less pressure.. now Paul, Liam, Jay, David, Mike , Pete and the others are not my competitors but they are my teammates... So what im trying to say is we should design a series on wednesday that is simple and will help us go from sprint to endurance to in the future and endurance PRO team form from drivers withing our development and cms family...

- do all wednesday 1hr races
    - use same tracks as endurance series ( helping us as practice and preparation with traffic for "2nd ladder" endurance racing)
    - Gt3 cars all same class drivers, when we are endurance racing we race against all level of drivers and we are all same class.
    - make it simple so admins dont have so much work that burn out and loose the fun and the soul purpose
    - we have a bad race? No problem cause we practiced for the weekend..
    - this will develop everyone into more complete drivers and we will see each other as teammates and for consequence better more respectfull races on wednesday..
    - you want to race on endurance weekends then race first here and show your consistency and respect of others...

I can keep talking about this but hey i think ive explain the main idea.. ejjejejeje!!

And yes I am enjoying this endurance unity racing environment a LOT!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How about running GT one week, FR3.5 the next week, and alternate even using the same tracks both weeks.

You could even have an overall champion for combined points between GT and FR3.5

Either series would be optional, if you want to race open wheelers, only race open wheelers...and if you want to race GTs, etc.

And if you just want to race, you show up and race!

I like Paul's idea about the Pro class driving GTE class cars, but I wonder if maybe we should just have GTE and GT3 classes and that's it. No Pro, AM or Gent.

Two classes, people can pick the class they want to race in based on car class. No iRatings or classifications needed.

Keep it simple for drivers and admins alike.

However, let's keep the points system and earned provisionals. 60 Minute open qualifying ALL cars at once in lieu of pre-race practice.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift S

[QUOTE=Miguel Alcrudo;258252]
    - use same tracks as endurance series ( helping us as practice and preparation with traffic for "2nd ladder" endurance racing)
    - Gt3 cars all same class drivers, when we are endurance racing we race against all level of drivers and we are all same class.
    - make it simple so admins dont have so much work that burn out and loose the fun and the soul purpose
    - we have a bad race? No problem cause we practiced for the weekend..
    - this will develop everyone into more complete drivers and we will see each other as teammates and for consequence better more respectfull races on wednesday..
    - you want to race on endurance weekends then race first here and show your consistency and respect of others.../QUOTE]

I like the idea of running the same cars and tracks - and presumably time of day - as the endurance series. That would really help with practice time and encourage participation in the VRS Endurance Series. If we are doing this, I would suggest that we allow full tanks for the race since that makes a big difference in the setups and would make the race equivalent to a stint in the endurance races.

One issue, though - The endurance races generally split which gives non-aliens a chance for good results in their own race. Our races would not split and a small group of drivers would dominate the series. Classes in our single-split series would give less-experienced drivers something more meaningful to race for. Without that distinction, our Wednesday races would feel like just a practice for the weekend, and I think it should be more than that. Some folks are busy on the weekend or simply don't want to dedicate hours and hours to racing. Also, with multiple drivers in the endurance races, different skill sets are involved. For example, at the Ring I couldn't run laps in the 16s and 17s like Daniel and Miguel, but I could deliver clean and consistent laps. Both those elements are important in endurance racing which is why real-world classes such as GTE-AM and GTD require at least 1 silver-class driver along with the platinum and gold-class pros. We have lots more "silvers," so to speak, than "platinums" and they deserve something to race for on their own.

I recognize this complicates things for the admins who are busy enough as it is, but we need to respect the significance of the Wednesday league on it's own merit.