Thread: CMS Drivers Complete Unprecedented 27 Hours at the Green Hell Nurburgring

Default CMS Drivers Complete Unprecedented 27 Hours at the Green Hell Nurburgring

Champion Motorsports Team completes unprecedented 27 Hours of Racing at Nurburgring Green Hell

In what will go down as one of the most memorable weekends in CMS history and one of the funnest, a group of 9 racers, and several other contributors to the team participated in the ultimate test of endurance racing this past weekend in Virtual Germany at Nurburgring Combined Circuit for the 24 Hours of Green Hell on iRacing.com

Starting the weekend was the team of David Anderson, Paul Hamilton, Phil Elmore, Miguel Alcrudo, James Andrew, Daniel Johnson, Mike Tyler, and JT Tami. In a special Livery for the race, the CMS team would drive their familiar Ferrari GT3 car at the Ring. Starting near the back of a 52 car grid after the morning crew decided to start David Anderson from pit lane to avoid first lane carnage. By race end and a full 24 hours later JT Tami would complete the race for the team in 12th place overall a very successful result.

Highlights of the event included Anderson and Paul Hamilton completing the first four hours of the race with only a single incident point, an unheard of and tremendous accomplishment. Phil Elmore would then run the first double of the day and hold off the leader of the race to keep the team on the lead lap for another hour + beyond when Phil was caught. Miguel Alcrudo would turn blistering laps and Daniel Johnson would have our most consistent and quickest stints of the race. Mike Tyler, James Andrew and JT Tami contributed at critical times during the race as well, with Tyler running key night time scenarios and Andrew stretching his schedule on more than one ocassion to contribute. JT Tami would be the last driver to take the car but would be our closer to bring us to the checkers in 12th at race end.

Below is 9 hours of coverage from the team stream.

Watch cmsracing.com endurance team live at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring! from davidantx on www.twitch.tv

As if 24 hours were not enough, the team would set back out again after only 3.5 hours after the race ended to compete in the weekly VRS GT3 Endurance Points race at the same track. Two cars would be entered, led by JT Tami and Mike Tyler driving to an incredible 6th place finish in the BETA Car. What was amazing about this drive by Mike and JT was they were two of the latest driving racers in the 24 and were running on fumes from a sleep and rest perspective, so just amazing driving.

Jay Dargert would join the fray and get in the car with Paul Hamilton and David Anderson in the Alpha car in the VRS GT3 Race. Unfortunately a first lap accident would drop the Alpha team to last place after repairs on pit road, but Hamilton, Anderson and Dargert would not give up as they would methodically drive the car back up to 13th out of 30 by race end for key points in the Championship. That very Alpha car now finds itself leading the Manufacturer standings for all Ferrari's in the Championship as well as 12th overall in points over 300 teams entered.

In a special moment for David Anderson the team manager and founder of CMS, who competed in the race he was quoted coming to the finish after the 27th hour with this. "I was privileged enough to take the green flag for us on Saturday morning at the Ring to get things started. 27 hours later I took the checkers to put a wrap on the weekend for all cars running for CMS at the end. How privilged am I -- and what a special weekend."

my personal motorsports blog

Another shout out to Miguel for the quick but incredibly easy to drive setup, to Paul for the outstanding paint scheme, and to David for organizing all this insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil E View Post
    Another shout out to Miguel for the quick but incredibly easy to drive setup, to Paul for the outstanding paint scheme, and to David for organizing all this insanity.
    Thanks Phil!! You did awesome driving!! I'll make sure we have a really good setup for lemans!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. Default

Great stuff. I find it a challenge just to do hour long races, cant imagine how tiring it must be especially with the concentration levels that the green hell requires
    Obutto Rev | Oculus Rift | Fanatec Clubsport v2.5 + Formula Wheel | Heusinkveld Pro Pedals

Quote Originally Posted by ignition22 View Post
    Great stuff. I find it a challenge just to do hour long races, cant imagine how tiring it must be especially with the concentration levels that the green hell requires
    You should have seen the size of David's post race beer!