Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Champion Motorsports Traveling to Nurburgring for 27 Hours of Endurance Racing

Default Champion Motorsports Traveling to Nurburgring for 27 Hours of Endurance Racing

The Champion Motorsports Endurance e-Sports team will endure 27 hours of racing this weekend at the famous Nurburgring "Green Hell" circuit in an unprecedented test of team and endurance racing. First up the team will enter a special ilvery themed car for the 24 Hours of Nurburgring on Saturday and into Sunday. The driver lineup consists of David Anderson, Paul Hamilton, Phil Elmore, Miguel Alcrudo, James Andrew, Daniel Johnson, JT Tami and Mike Tyler. The drivers will take turns driving between 3 and 4 hours each with Anderson starting the race and Tyler finishing it. Preparations are well under way this week with official practices on Weds and Thursday and qualifying for Anderson on Friday to place the car on the grid.

Pictured Above a special livery for the 24 Hours of Nurburgring Courtesy of Paul Hamilton.

On Sunday as if 24 weren't enough the VRS GT3 Endurance Series Round 8 will have a 3 hour points race for the team as well. So, 3 additional cars have made the flight to Germany, as the normal Alpha, Beta, and Omega cars will take to the track for the points race. The team finds themselves in the thick of several manufacturer, Team and Individual Championships more than halfway through the season with the Alpha Car in a team high 15th in overall points.

Tune in to the forums here for updates all weekend on the racing from Nurburgring and come join us on Discord voice chat to help spot, encourage the team and follow our progress!

Cya on the Track

my personal motorsports blog

Race Day is tomorrow!!! Starting shortly after 8 am CST (Chicago). follow us here for live updates. I am going to be driving to start the race and since this is a demanding, taxing track on resources, I am not going to live stream until I am out of the car. But I do expect to be live streaming some off and on throughout the 24 hours so be sure to tune in here for updates and links to that tomorrow!

We will be racing in a little over an hour from now. David Anderson, Paul Hamilton and Phil Elmore getting things kicked off. Also the Stream will be up in a few hours from now as well.

David was gridded 30th in a 55 car all GT3 split. Team made a strategy decision to start from pit lane. Even in practice we were seeing the idiots and knew this was the right call. Was DFL at the beginning, but then started passing the carnage. Lots of cars in the pits for repairs on lap 1, so David was 44th after lap 1. David is now 42nd on lap 5. He is running steady laps, and is in a nice spot without morons around him.

We moved up to 30th by driver change. Paul Hamilton is the wheel man now. First hour is behind us. And we are clean. 30 out of 55. Live stream will be up two hours from now on twitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up to p23 Paul about to pit for David to get back in. Live stream up in about an hour from now to feature Phil elmores planned double stint. 50!cars still running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eeek!

19 laps in, David has 2 more on this stint. Position 19.

Quote Originally Posted by davidan View Post

stream going live now,come hang with us p19 after starting 44th, 3 hours in