Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: VR List of Headsets

Quote Originally Posted by TimCollier View Post
    IPD stands for Interpupillary Distance, which is the exact measurement between your pupils. It can be obtained from your eye doctor or where you get your glasses.

The two images that are rendered in the VR headset are based upon a set point, but the variation between the two is based on the IPD value, either mechanically (moving the screen apart with a slide or knob on the headset), or lately in the software. If you don't have this set correctly, then it will approximate the images with coinciding perspective points that don't match your own, and will either be blurry or off, and will cause the images to be blurry as well as incorrectly positioned.
    The ole saying holds true......you learn something every day. Thanks Tim

Last night I had decided that I was going to pass on buying the Index for now and use the Rift S.

Then today I start thinking about it again.....at least Steam has a great hardware return policy if I do decide to go that way.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

Talking about steam....Is there anyway to not go thru steam with VR if I'm using the Rift S ? VR in Iracing is great doesnt deal with Steam but all the other sims I have run thru steam and it just cause so much crap?

Starting sims from steam you can choose not to use steam vr but its bogus. Still cause all kinds of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Addison View Post
    Talking about steam....Is there anyway to not go thru steam with VR if I'm using the Rift S ? VR in Iracing is great doesnt deal with Steam but all the other sims I have run thru steam and it just cause so much crap?

Starting sims from steam you can choose not to use steam vr but its bogus. Still cause all kinds of trouble.

You can start them through the Oculus Home, at least some of them.

ACC gives you a choice when it starts up, but you can also put a BAT file on your desktop that's in the ACC main folder that will start you in Oculus Mode without having to use the prompt.

rFactor2 runs through SteamVR, but I never enter the SteamVR "home" to run it.

For the majority of my games, I will start from Oculus Home, and switch to Desktop mode. Then I can use desktop icons or start them from Steam. That's been the easiest thing to do for me as I don't have to keep taking the headset on and off.

You can launch previously played games from the Oculus Home, but if they have prompts you won't see them unless you're in desktop mode.

I just wish I could figure out how to exit some Steam games and go back to the Steam "home". It seems that to get out of some of them I have to exit SteamVR entirely. Need to do some reading.
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

3. Default

IPD must affect some people a lot more then others. I can run my IPD on min or max and it makes no difference to me so i just have it set to somewhere near the middle value.
    Obutto Rev | Oculus Rift | Fanatec Clubsport v2.5 + Formula Wheel | Heusinkveld Pro Pedals