Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 2019 NARS Summer Series - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel Dan View Post
    (cough) not authentic (cough)
    I tried with shift paddles and can't drive the FLAT 6 without spinning every time I downshift. It seems the auto blip feature is blocked for these cars and you need a shifter and clutch pedal, which I don't have so I won't be running these unless someone has a work around for that.
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS-ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING, Processor-I5-9600K, Ram-32GB GSKILL,DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 42" 4K, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

They did remove the auto blip option in the last update. I'm using paddles with auto clutch, just need to blip on downshift.

3. Default

Can you get away with throttle blips and no clutch, either auto or left foot?

Always frustrates me that I can heel/toe in my car no problem, but these pedals never feel right to me (T3PA Pros).

Well, they're actually sequential shift cars so shifting with paddles or sequential is the same thing (more fun on sequential though )...only a timing issue is all.

The only way to learn this technique is to do it to the point of frustration, then do it 10,000 more times. Curse yourself for not getting it right, then do it 20,000 more times. Rinse and repeat.
    Eventually, it will become muscle memory and you'll wonder how it was once so hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboy1013 View Post
    Can you get away with throttle blips and no clutch, either auto or left foot?

Always frustrates me that I can heel/toe in my car no problem, but these pedals never feel right to me (T3PA Pros).
    The sim and the pedals unable to give you clutch bite point and it's feel that's why it is not a thing in sim racing unless somehow you got used to the "dead" clutch pedal and know how to work with it. Blipping is easier ofc. but I'm sure it is better with expensive pedal set where you can adjust the tightness.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    The sim and the pedals unable to give you clutch bite point and it's feel that's why it is not a thing in sim racing unless somehow you got used to the "dead" clutch pedal and know how to work with it. Blipping is easier ofc. but I'm sure it is better with expensive pedal set where you can adjust the tightness.
    Well, sort of. Lack of any actual bite point is certainly one reason.

Main reason is, more often than not (especially if auto clutch, auto blip, etc can be enabled) it is slower. Always has been, always will be.
    It's also because most sims don't have any kind of gearbox simulation going on. It's the elephant in the room in rF2, for instance. Driving a 40+ year old car while rattling through the gears with no regard for the tranny, kind of kills the whole experience for me. Oh, you can 'pretend' to do it, but it's not quite the same.

Many (especially online drivers) either drive where settings are limited (making it the same for all) or they move to more modern cars where it's not so noticeable.
    And then they quit discussing it (because we realize what a small niche we are, even amongst those claiming to want a 'simulated' experience...just go to S397 forum, take a look. Tiny amount of users brings this up time and time again. Nothing but silence, a few in agreement, and nothing ever comes of it. After a while, gets tiring and pointless to repeat it over and over...lol)

Personally though, I find it much easier to balance certain cars at braking while heel/toeing, and overall it's definitely improved my car control as a whole.
    All depends on what one wants though. Sometimes, it's a lot of work, dancing around on the pedals constantly during a long race. Some want a more numb approach where they simply pilot the car, perhaps they like to do this for many hours. It's whatever one enjoys. Certainly takes nothing away from my experience; knowing that others are auto clutching/able to speed through on downshifts, etc. Surely it sometimes makes me slower, but I don't care. Not here chasing aliens anyways, and when I do, I am sure to adjust to the environment

The problem for me is not heel toe it is my thrustmaster pedals. When braking my foot is to the floor so when I try to get my heel over to the throttle is gets hung up under the pedal 1/2 the time. I'll keep trying but this is not looking good for me. So much easier in my real race car....
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS-ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING, Processor-I5-9600K, Ram-32GB GSKILL,DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 42" 4K, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

I have no clutch pedal. I'm braking with left foot and blipping throttle with right foot. After a few laps, I'm starting to get it.