Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ETS2 and ATS - They just keep it comming

Default ETS2 and ATS - They just keep it comming

These two old work horses just keeps getting updated: With the next free upgrade to version x.35, roads will be added to both worlds, and in ETS2, map will be expanded. And then comes the payware map updates... What will the ETS2 map cover? My guess is Spain and Portugal.
    Steen Nielsen (aka. wheeler)

Tom Walkinshaw: "When black goes to green, you are in troubles..."

ETS2 just DLed 427MB! I wonder what that is... And it is not from the workshop...

Update: UI still says version 1.34.xxx so this is not the big one.
    Last edited by wheeler; 05-07-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
    ETS2 just DLed 427MB! I wonder what that is... And it is not from the workshop...

Update: UI still says version 1.34.xxx so this is not the big one.
    Maybe it's the traffic light update?
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift S

ETS2 has been updated to 1.35: A 2.1GB download...

Besides opening up for DX11, this update also removed the limit on drivers you can hire! Company expansion comming up... And DX11 solved my stutter issues!

Good to hear that the update helped with the stutter. I'll have to give the update a try

Sent from my Cell using Tapatalk
    Dave Slee (DaveS) #38

ATS update has just been relased - 1.5GB downloading...

And Washington state is coming June 11

Edit: And as always after a major update, the game crashes during load. Crash happens early in load procedure. What is loading first?

One or two mods might need an update before they work. I have tried to uninstall the usual suspects to no avail. Rebooting didn't solve the issue. A clean profile without mods works fine. So I think I'll wait a few days till mods are updated. So now it is back to ETS2...
    Last edited by wheeler; 06-10-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
    ATS update has just been relased - 1.5GB downloading...

And Washington state is coming June 11
    There isn't a computer powerful enough
    to simulate the congestion on WA freeways and still have decent framerates.....

Based on input from Steam forum, truck mods might be the main problem. So I think I'll give the mod makers a few days to get up-to-date.

10. Default

LOLOLOL

I meant our real-life traffic is so horrendous that sims cannot do it justice given current PC technology. Maybe a Cray supercomputer could stand a chance....

Speaking of, I am about to take 1.5 hours to get home (leaving at 2PM) for a drive that took 45 minutes coming in to work.. And traffic doesn't get really bad until 3-4PM....