Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Special Event - CMS 2.4 Le Mans

1. run rF2
    2. select the Porsche #911
    3. select Tunning
    4. once you see the car, click on "Create Dir". A new folder will be created: X:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Porsche_991RSR_GTE_2017 \IMSA911ALT2C5C57FC
    5. It will contain an alt.dds file with the skin of the Porsche #911. Exit rF2
    6. rename your files to: alt_95.dds, alt_95windowsout.dds and alt_95windowsin.dds
    7. copy those files into the X:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Porsche_991RSR_GTE_2017 \IMSA911ALT2C5C57FC folder
    8. Run rF2. Select the Porsche #911, click on "Reload" and next use the arrows in "Variants" till the alt_95 shows. Click on "Back" and leave rF2.
    9. Now join the server, select the Porsche #911, and repeat the procedure described in 8. except that you should not leave the server and click on RACE. When the screen shows the car in the pits, click on your name and next on "SKIN TRANSFER"
    10. Wait till the red square next to your name turn green that thatīs it: your skin will be in the server.

It looks like a mess and it is, but you must give your skin a unique name, as "alt_95.dds" for this to work.

I think my skin should be in the server by now, but Don can confirm this.
    AP

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Gant View Post
    B. Gant - Corvette

This entire website is new. The old usf1 page with all our history was lost. really sucks.]
    Are you kidding??? All USF1 History is gone? Great job done as custodian of one of the best F1 leagues in Sim Racing !

Quote Originally Posted by Arturo_Pereira View Post
    1. run rF2
    2. select the Porsche #911
    3. select Tunning
    4. once you see the car, click on "Create Dir". A new folder will be created: X:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Porsche_991RSR_GTE_2017 \IMSA911ALT2C5C57FC
    5. It will contain an alt.dds file with the skin of the Porsche #911. Exit rF2
    6. rename your files to: alt_95.dds, alt_95windowsout.dds and alt_95windowsin.dds
    7. copy those files into the X:\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\Settings\Porsche_991RSR_GTE_2017 \IMSA911ALT2C5C57FC folder
    8. Run rF2. Select the Porsche #911, click on "Reload" and next use the arrows in "Variants" till the alt_95 shows. Click on "Back" and leave rF2.
    9. Now join the server, select the Porsche #911, and repeat the procedure described in 8. except that you should not leave the server and click on RACE. When the screen shows the car in the pits, click on your name and next on "SKIN TRANSFER"
    10. Wait till the red square next to your name turn green that thatīs it: your skin will be in the server.

It looks like a mess and it is, but you must give your skin a unique name, as "alt_95.dds" for this to work.

I think my skin should be in the server by now, but Don can confirm this.
    I still need you to resend the usual ......LOL
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS-ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING, Processor-I5-9600K, Ram-32GB GSKILL,DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 42" 4K, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer23 View Post
    I still need you to resend the usual ......LOL
    Do you need a #23 Oreca or something like that?
    AP

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jdilla View Post
    I'm looking to get a few of my friends from town in on this, is there any issue with a 3 person team all at 1 physical location? I can pretty much confirm we will be in last place so we wont be upsetting any actual competition, we just want to participate and have fun as a team. Porsche GTE would be the choice
    Teams can have as many drivers as wanted.

EDIT: Clarification after Jon's post below. Normally no, but since this is a just for fun race and a single driver or multiples can drive per car, not a problem.
    Last edited by Doug Atkinson; 04-18-2019 at 10:45 PM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by davidan View Post
    Sounds like a really fun time!
    David, you in?

Doug, I think David is still on a business trip.
    And jdilla was asking if it would be ok 3 drivers using the same pc to race (or at least that's what I understood from "same location").
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

FIne with me Doug!

Any idea which would be a decent laptime for a GTE car? With race setup I was doing 4m02s but I think I will be below 4m with more practice.
    AP

Ill take #4 Corvette.

I am tentative. same weekend is the CMS entry at the iRacing 24 Hours of Nurburgring which I am managing and racing, so it will depend on if my hall pass is extended after that but I would like to make it if I am able.

my personal motorsports blog