Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Practice Race to Test Connection Before Season 4/8 8:00 pm CST

Default Practice Race to Test Connection Before Season 4/8 8:00 pm CST

Guys I will setup a practice, fun race tomorrow night at Monday 8:00 pm CST for us to test connection and the new system and build. Practice will be a short one at 8:00 then qualify at 8:20 and a short 20 minute race at 8:30 pm CST
    you will join the cmsracing.com server via having 3 track medals unlocked for Monza and a SA (Safety Rating) of 40 or higher
    see you tomorrow night

let me know if there are any questions, there will be no password on the server, again it will be joined via
    A) having 3 track medals at Monza unlocked (achieved by making 4 clean laps in any mode at Monza)
    B) a safety rating SA of 40 or higher. To get this, you need to progress through unlocking things in the game, most importantly a competition rating of 50 or higher. From there you can unlocked Safety and it's easy to run about a 20-30 minute race against the AI and get your safety up to 40.

let me know if there are any questions, this will be a good opportunity to test!

my personal motorsports blog

Well, I just passed the threshold of RC41 after a couple of cleans reinstall this week alone. VR is still a PIA, but I have no idea how to drive without it anymore.
    VR can't manage pitstops AFAIK.

@davidan, thank you for taking care of us, see you tomorrow. Will have Discord running by then.
    i7 4790k | RTX 2080ti | Win10 | Pimax 8k | NLR V3 | SS v2 | SimworX GTv3

Now that I have a break from VEC for a month or so I came back to ACC and just saw all the new additions to series and series format. I did some offline races as practice and have 3 medals but couldn't get to SA rating yet, I guess that means I can't race in tomorrow's test race.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

Hey Jon

Just found this out myself.

First you have to get a pace rating above 50 to unlock the SA rating. It's easy, just do one of the special events but not the first one unless you register which I have not yet.

I did the BMW hot stint for example. Once you get over 50 pace points which only took one hot stint, you can do a few short quick races offline to build up the SA rating. Keep it clean and your rating will go up over 40 after a few races.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    Now that I have a break from VEC for a month or so I came back to ACC and just saw all the new additions to series and series format. I did some offline races as practice and have 3 medals but couldn't get to SA rating yet, I guess that means I can't race in tomorrow's test race.

After reading the initial post on the requirements... I decided to get in and run some laps in this sim that has improved tremendously... I have logged 36 hours, but I'm not fast in any of the models. The best lap time I have posted is 1:51.824
    my PC rating is at 27, and I did 3 races yesterday, finished on the lead lap 30 seconds behind the race winner, and it is still at 27. I also don't have the credentials to join the server for the practice race. Maybe if some of you could post your practice times at Monza and share some of the adjustments that you are making to your setups, that might help those of us who are struggling. I also seem to be the most comfortable in the Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3 (2018)...

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Warren McGary View Post
    After reading the initial post on the requirements... I decided to get in and run some laps in this sim that has improved tremendously... I have logged 36 hours, but I'm not fast in any of the models. The best lap time I have posted is 1:51.824
    my PC rating is at 27, and I did 3 races yesterday, finished on the lead lap 30 seconds behind the race winner, and it is still at 27. I also don't have the credentials to join the server for the practice race. Maybe if some of you could post your practice times at Monza and share some of the adjustments that you are making to your setups, that might help those of us who are struggling. I also seem to be the most comfortable in the Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3 (2018)...
    As Tom said above your post do a Special Event and pace is about just having your lap times close to each other. I did mine with the Jag at the Ring and unlocked SR at the end of the 4? laps.

I'm working on my SR right now doing quick races @ 10 minutes. Had a bump or two and the AI keeps rear ending me in the same two corners. First race my SR was 25 at the end, second race it's at 46. Set the difficulty/aggression to whatever will make you drive around the AI a lot, speed and position don't mean anything for it, just clean passing/letting off for safe cornering around other cars with no contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty_McGassy View Post
    As Tom said above your post do a Special Event and pace is about just having your lap times close to each other. I did mine with the Jag at the Ring and unlocked SR at the end of the 4? laps.

I'm working on my SR right now doing quick races @ 10 minutes. Had a bump or two and the AI keeps rear ending me in the same two corners. First race my SR was 25 at the end, second race it's at 46. Set the difficulty/aggression to whatever will make you drive around the AI a lot, speed and position don't mean anything for it, just clean passing/letting off for safe cornering around other cars with no contact.
    Thanks Tyler, it took a little more work, Hot stint @ Zolder in the Beamer... It took 10 laps to raise PC (pace) from 27 to 51... Opened up SA (0)... Things are looking up!!! Hope to see y'all tonight!!!
    Last edited by Warren McGary; 04-08-2019 at 01:42 PM.

First off I was disappointed when ACC 1st released. Not sure what I expected but as of the last release and last few updates they have really upped their game for sure. Its getting really good. As a side bar while messing with ACC I discovered the issue of a long problem I have been having. I really enjoy this sim racing thing we do but I have become so disheartened at my performance. Ever since I started using the Fanatec CSL pedals I have nothing but braking issues. All the telemetry I look at tells me I fine with straight line speed....I'm fine on exit but I cant get the car slowed up in time on entry. And I either blow thru the turn and cant stop or have to brake so early I get left in the dust.

Anyway fussing with ACC I realized it was the outside game profile's brake slider bar was set way off. I need to rest my foot on the brake at all times and so I set the slider so it give a bit before it engages the brake pressure but it was way out of wack. Cant believe I never noticed it........Age is just getting to me.

So yeh sorry for getting off the path here but hopefully I can compete in more races going forward.

Reminder Race tonight to test! Just a short fun test!

solid test tonight guys, season opener next Monday Thanks for joining. There were several things I learned tonight. Be sure to post anything you may have learned or observed that could be useful