Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Historics Spring Season Race 1 - Spa

Default Historics Spring Season Race 1 - Spa

Join us on Sunday, March 24, for Race 1 of the Historics Spring Season - Spa Francorchamps

We'll kick off this epic season in epic style, at one of the grand dames of motorsport!

This event will be standing start. AC now allows gear selection before the green, but be aware that it also allows (and penalizes) false starts! So don't go before the green!

This season we are requiring all drivers to pit for at least 1 liter of fuel, even if you could make the race distance (most cars will not be able to go the distance anyway).

The server is set for 2 minutes between the Qualifying session expiring and the start of the race. Be sure to check the remaining time when the session advances so as not to get caught out.

The Orange Zone for this event will be through Radillon (T4) as shown on the track map.

Race Schedule
    Practice: 8-8:45 p.m. Central Time (US) - 45 min
    Qualify: 8:45-9:00 p.m. Central Time (US) 15 min
    Warmup: 9:00-9:05 p.m. Central Time (US) - 5 min
    Race: 9:05 p.m. Central Time (US) - 60 min

Note that AC supports timed races, so the lap count will not be pre-determined.

Password and server connection information here

All CMS Rules and Regulations are in affect for this series.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

Server is up!

While we're not requiring signup for a specific car number this season, I would like everyone to declare which model they're driving before raceday for each event, so I can make sure there are enough of each available on the server.

I plan to drive the Mazda at Spa.

962 shorty, plz.

Ran at Sebring last night. What a blast!

Will have the server up, again, tonight. Cms historics.
    Track: https://www.racedepartment.com/downl...way-rtb.13374/
    Last edited by HeatCAN; 03-17-2019 at 01:09 PM.

-See You On Track!

I must say, it's nice to have a tire choice; been a long time! Softer compound with a fuel stop, or harder with a splash'n'go? Tough to say so far!

If (like me) you lack time to develop a setup for the various car options before you pick one. You can get a head start with The Setup Market.com. You can also get the APP in-game : In-game app version

Not all setup are created equal, but trying 2-3 versions can really shorten the development process by starting from a good base that suits your driving style, especially with more complex cars such as Group C. There's many made specifically for Spa too with the right gearing.

Did some laps with all the cars (no long tail version yet). Currently I'm struggling to get competitive times with the Mazda, 2-3 seconds down with Hard tires, may have to rework the setup a lot (not sure it has all it takes at Spa) or it's the driver! The C9 feels fast, and engine sounds great too (or maybe it feels fast BECAUSE of the engine sound?) Anyhow, my timer says it's fast…. 962 is pretty quick too.

So many choices, so little time...

I find the Mazda the easiest to drive of the three, which is why i’m starting with it.

It's an absolute monster, and will test the patience of even the best of drivers, but I'll be going with the C9 sprint for this one.
    If I can hold the damned thing in the road, it's super fast. Problem is, as of now I'm yet to lay down more than a few clean laps with the thing before I bin it.
    Need much more setup work, it's quite complex.

Now, if I could only eliminate the strange ffb clipping on the C9. Massive amounts of clipping (even at settings reduced from my norms, which rarely clip) on the sprint and I couldn't seem to resolve it last night. When I did "resolve" it, it created a new issue with no feel at front end and inability to correct the car (because forces literally go limp on correction )
    ...so, might need to do some reading up on that, see if others have had that issue with this particular car. (IIRC, I read something about the C9 sprint in the past, in regards to clipping and such, but need to go back and find that because I've forgotten it now)

So, anyways....C9 Sprint it will be, for me, for this event

I'll drive a 962 short tail.
    Managed to get a reallly nice safe setup (I will still spin at the chicane, that I'm pretty sure of!)
    Currently doing high 2:15's with hard tires with optimum track grip (surely some tenths floating around, maybe even 1 sec). It looks like the C9 will just fade in the distance, but I don't mind, we'll see at the finish line who makes it alive, he he

PS: Got disconnected from server after a couple of minutes last night. Will try again tonight, stability has never an issue here before (for the past 6 years...)
    Last edited by Swordsman; 03-22-2019 at 07:12 PM.