Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP! Server for Road Atlanta - Package Not Available

1. Unhappy HELP! Server for Road Atlanta - Package Not Available

Hello guys, tried to join the server this morning for testing and it gave me the red line, I am using Road Atlanta 2017 and S397 GT3 packages, nothing different from last races, and what I believe is the track for this.

Any tips on where I should look first or what might be going on? I did notice it kind of stalled a little loading the mod on entrance but not sure why that would fail this time around.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

getting same message as Jorge. Got track & packages already.

Guys my best advise is to unsubscribe and resubscribe to the GT3's
    With the updates recently not everything is getting updated properly for some reason.
    This happened to a couple guys last week with the Endurance cars and doing the unsubscribe and resubscribe solved the problem.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

I had the same issue last night, haven't checked today
    ---------------------------
    JT Tami

Champion Racing

2011 NALMS LMP1 Champion - #97 Champion Racing Audi R10 TDI

For whatever reason, some people didn't get there paid content auto-updated by steam. I had to open Steam, go to my profile page's "inventory" then unsubscribe from each car....close steam, go back into inventory and subscribe back to each car.

Then open rf2, sync. went on server and didnt get the unavailable message anymore.

6. Default

Yeah! did just like Brandon and worked like charm, thanks, guys!

requires unknown base mod to be installed ?
    2012 CMS North American and World Divison P1 Champion

Case-HAF922, Motherboard-ASUS-ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING, Processor-I5-9600K, Ram-32GB GSKILL,DVD Burner-ASUS X 2, Power Supply-Corsair HX850, Wheel-T500-Ferrari F1 Rim, Monitor-LG 42" 4K, Video Card-EVGA GeForce GTX 980 ti 6GB
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, then you are no longer a racing driver. I am not designed to come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th. I am designed to win.." Ayrton Senna

I had the same error msg. also with P1 Gaming server, but VEC server was working fine (after all the unsub\delete\resub\install routine). Well, P1 G server is working fine now and was able to install mod files. P1 admin says packages related error msg is always on
    server side!. @Don. I wonder CMS (NARS) rfmod has also packages problem? Because I'm still having problem with NARS server while others (P1 G & VEC) working fine, and they all use same base content.
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    I had the same error msg. also with P1 Gaming server, but VEC server was working fine (after all the unsub\delete\resub\install routine). Well, P1 G server is working fine now and was able to install mod files. P1 admin says packages related error msg is always on
    server side!. @Don. I wonder CMS (NARS) rfmod has also packages problem? Because I'm still having problem with NARS server while others (P1 G & VEC) working fine, and they all use same base content.
    It's going to be easy to get two separate (I think they are separate, at least) issues conflated here. The "packages not available" issue seems tied to the DLC content updating issue.
    That one, I got sorted the other day and was on the NARS server just fine after. Then, after reinstalling VEC stuff (not sure it had anything to do with it, but noting anyways) I go to go to the NARS server for a few laps and get a different error. This time, I don't see the error message at the launcher (no message of "unknown base mod", or "package unavailable. It starts to d/l the rFmod like usual when it's your first time in server)...it moves to the in game menu screen then I see a bar trying to load and get a message saying "unable to install rFmod, try manual install".

I am not even sure how I fixed it. Tried a few times relaunching game and clearing out Steam, yadda yadda.
    Eventually went into game files and deleted some packages folders, the NARS one for this race included...and some other files that seemed unneeded.
    After that, it worked the first time. Perhaps the rFmod in my files got corrupted somehow? I don't see why if it was trying to load, that would stop it from overwriting, but it had to be something like that.

For me, the issue was also at the VEC servers, and seemingly any server I'd been on where I have old packages/rFmod stuff in my files. Clearing those out [appears] to have fixed it, though sometimes with the voodo used to keep this sim functional

So short story...I think;

"Packages unavailable" and "unknown base content" type messages are occurring because of the DLC content update issues.
    And the "unable to install rFmod, try manual install method" is some other issue, but seems now it wasn't just me and something user end somehow got "corrupted".

I did nothing in the way of unsubbing/resubbing to content to fix the latter issue.
    The former, was fixed with the described unsub/resub methods...just time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    Jon if there was a problem CMS files nobody would be able to join, so far we have had 16 join the server and those that had problems were able to fix it by making sure they were fully updated by unsub/resubing.
    My first question would be is P1 or VEC adding any updates such as skin files, that would create a problem by changing your car version numbers.
    Other than that I guess we could compare car version numbers to make sure we are all on the same page.

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!