Thread: Paul Ricard Open Test Results 2/4/2019

Default Paul Ricard Open Test Results 2/4/2019

Here are the results from last night's session at Paul Ricard. Let me know if I have missed anyone. Also who is T.L. ? I couldn't figure out who that was ...

Pos Driver Name Car Best Lap
    1 D. Ryce BMW GT3 01:56.4
    2 A. Vicari Lambo GT3 01:57.0
    3 I. Jacobs BMW GT3 01:57.2
    4 R. Navon Ferrari GT3 01:57.2
    5 V. Marsh BMW GT3 01:57.7
    6 T. Camp BMW GT3 01:58.7
    7 D. Anderson Ferrari GT3 01:58.9
    8 J. Tami Jaguar GT3 01:59.1
    9 M. Heikes Ferrari GT3 01:59.4
    10 J. Uyan Ferrari GT3 01:59.4
    11 T.L. Ferrari GT3 02:00.2
    12 Tom Dilibero BMW GT3 02:00.6
    13 S. Barge BMW GT3 02:01.7
    14 L. Malagola Ferrari GT3 02:02.5
    15 B. Avery Lambo GT3 02:04.8
    16 R. Nelson Jaguar GT3 02:09.8

my personal motorsports blog

Is T.M. -- Tom Mountjoy? If so, Tom can you update your in game name to be more accurate?

my personal motorsports blog

Bummed to have missed last night, I quite like Paul Ricard even after the many arguments we've had

Been out of commission for a week, head and chest cold and just starting to recover, damn winter!
    Understeer, you SEE the tree you crash into. Oversteer you HEAR the tree you crash into.

Quote Originally Posted by davidan View Post
    Is T.M. -- Tom Mountjoy? If so, Tom can you update your in game name to be more accurate?
    That was me, but I fixed a few weeks ago. Have not been on since.

-See You On Track!

I haven't been reading ACC forums so don't know if there are complaints and/or discussions about this but car handling properties in this sim is a little baffling! A lot of under steer at low speeds only? And grip goes away with some unrelated (or remotely related) setup changes. For example I change fast bump/rebound settings only (to handle curbs but rear end starts losing grip?

Anybody finding weird adjustments like that?
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    For example I change fast bump/rebound settings only (to handle curbs but rear end starts losing grip?

Anybody finding weird adjustments like that?
    For me, the cars on there safe setup have mild under steer. The aggressive setup has a tad more over steer but it's about 50/50. And with setup in ACC like other sims. I think you really need to know what you're doing in order to make a car drive fast as well as handle the way you want. What I mean by this is that the means you have a balancing issue in your setup. Try playing with the front fast bump/rebound to try to balance the lose of grip on the rear. Add more wing, lower or raise the rear of the car.
    I'm not super well versed in other sims. But I like the ACC GT3 cars drive. It makes sense to me. Especially after researching how to setup these cars.