Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Historics Fall Season Race 7 - Pau Historique

Default Historics Fall Season Race 7 - Pau Historique

Join us on Sunday, February 10, for Race 7 of the Historics Fall Season - Pau '74

I've been wanting to run an event at Pau since it came out, but this is a very tight street course, and open wheelers are far too fragile to run here. (For sane folks, anyway- F1 came here in the 60's and 70's if you can believe it!) Our small and relatively tame tintops should be sturdy enough to survive, albeit with some dented sheet metal here and there no doubt!

This event will be standing start. AC now allows gear selection before the green, but be aware that it also allows (and penalizes) false starts! So don't go before the green!

This season we are requiring all drivers to pit for at least 1 liter of fuel, even if you could make the race distance (most cars will not be able to go the distance anyway).

The server is set for 2 minutes between the Qualifying session expiring and the start of the race. Be sure to check the remaining time when the session advances so as not to get caught out.

The Orange Zone for this event will be through the entire first lap!

Download the track here

Race Schedule
    Practice: 8-8:45 p.m. Central Time (US) - 45 min
    Qualify: 8:45-9:00 p.m. Central Time (US) – 15 min
    Warmup: 9:00-9:05 p.m. Central Time (US) - 5 min
    Race: 9:05 p.m. Central Time (US) - 60 min

Note that AC supports timed races, so the lap count will not be pre-determined.

Password and server connection information here

All CMS Rules and Regulations are in affect for this series.
    Last edited by Hutch; 01-28-2019 at 07:28 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

Server is up!

Another great track Michael. On the map it looks like there are a lot of straights for the Porsche's to spread their wings (so to speak) but the map is deceiving. The front straight isn't straight at all, you'll have to be really careful if you plan to take that first little kink to the right just off the pit exit at full throttle, them barriers will getcha. And lets not forget the sidewalks, if you run into one of them there is a good chance you'll flip your car onto it's lid. It's a fairly short track but there are lots of real tight corners and hardly anywhere to pass.

Should be a fun race
    Dave Slee (DaveS) #38

Grabbed the track and installed it but it doesn't show up in my track selection and wont let me join the server. I downloaded Content Manager (lite) since the last race and it doesn't have the Track tab selectable I donated to get the full license. Ii installed the track like every other track? Could CM be the problem??

Edit: Sorted. I got my key and it indicated files were missing. Grabbed file from RD and now I have the track.
    Last edited by Rhino; 02-02-2019 at 10:02 PM.

Ray, the zip file actually has two folders in it. Unzip the file to a temp folder. Delete the pau_1974 folder in your AC\content\tracks folder then go to the temp file and double click on the pau_1974 folder and you should see a sub folder that is named the same thing. Copy that folder over to your AC\content\tracks folder and everything should work ok
    Dave Slee (DaveS) #38

Thanks Dave. I saw that when I copied the files over and then tried to remedy it and I suspect operator error on my part. The RAR from RD didn't have the extra layer so extracting it got me squared away. LIfe's way of bringing me back to reality.

I didn't see the server last night. Anyone got online recently?
    Apart from that, the track is really dangerous. Busted my front wheel on the sidewalks at one of the hairpins every two laps (if not every lap). I have no idea how I'll make it more than 15 minutes without badly crashing.
    My 356 is suffering in slow corners. The understeer is horrible. If I dial it out for hairpins, fast corners become a nightmare.

This place make Monaco look like a 4-lane highway...

Racing Tomorrow!!

I don't know if server may have been down for other events yesterday, but it is up now, I just got on to check it.
    Last edited by Hutch; 02-09-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Anyone else still having trouble finding the server? It's not showing up for me in CM or in the stock AC launcher, and I know I've got the proper Pau track installed as outlined above in this thread.

I think it was probably shut down this afternoon for a big special event CMS at for the Bathurst 100 with rFactor 2. I bet it will be back up in a bit.

my personal motorsports blog