Thread: SOL v1 Mod for AC

Default SOL v1 Mod for AC

This thing is amazing, a real "game changer" for Assetto Corsa, and opens the door to endurance racing as well as graphics that rival the new Kunos kid on the block ACC.

Get the mod at Race Department here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sol.24914/

Disclaimer: I have yet to download and install this mod, and it appears that you will need to add another mod or something, as well as really pay attention to the directions. There's a video to help with the install: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRnipQ4f5lA

But once installed, the dynamic weather and day to night transitions are just the beginning from what I've seen!

Check out these videos!

Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift S

After spending the last 30 minutes downloading files, extracting folders, copying folders, I've come to the Content Manager program that, unless you make a donation you can't get full functionality which is needed for this.

Besides that, being out of the modding of AC circle the past year, I'm a little lost right now and having to play catch up.

This is NOT a simple mod update. This is your warning!
    Tim Collier

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift S

After becoming frustrated with the limited function of the LITE version of Content Manager, I found there's a second, very simplified program for enabling mods in several games, including Assetto Corsa, one that several of you flight sim guys may already use. It's called JSGME, and you can download it here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downl...enabler.13803/

Once that's downloaded, upzip the contents and put them in the main folder of Assetto Corsa under Steam, and you can run the JSGME program from there, and it will list available mods and you can activate them pretty simple.

From there, I stopped watching the video and just went through the manual PDF that's in the SOL download, and it was just a matter of copying more files into the AC folder, and then using Content Manager, which you have to if you want to use the SOL features. That's a caveat that some may be ok with, as you can do any type of session that was in the main menu, except Championships. Those are only available if you upgrade to the full version of Content Manager.

So as a test, I chose the C7R at Silverstone GP, set the time to 5pm with time acceleration at 10X, set the weather (there's like 30 options now!), track temp and state, and clicked on Go.

In AC, the colors were just incredible as the new shaders that are installed were just perfect. But it got even better as the sun went down, and that glowing orb in the sky was starting to mess with my vision, and the shadows were getting longer and the sky darker. What's really cool is that when you set the event, you set the date of the event, and the game knows the location of the track. This mod will set the sun, moon, and major stars, in their correct location and sunrise and sunset are also correct for the day you chose.

Even though pitting is a mess, this could be a great game for single player endurance races.

I'm going to give VR a try tomorrow at some point, but as it stands, I can turn everything to max and I'm still getting great frame rates!! And AC still feels great to drive!! Time to find some add-on tracks!

Here's a couple of screenshots from the cockpit tonight:

Tim Collier

Quote Originally Posted by TimCollier View Post
    Time to find some add-on tracks!
    You can thank me later.

Also, the "paid version" of CM can be had for any amount you choose to donate. I'd urge everyone to spend a dollar or two on it. There are fine tuning options and other settings that just cannot be accessed outside of it (unless, I guess, you really know what you're doing)

At the time I grabbed it, I was apprehensive about it's usefulness to me. I donated a buck. ....after doing so, and using it, I sent more. Felt like I stole the thing after realizing what a powerful tool it could be. lol

...Peter did a really good job with the manual. Not something you see often these days. It's extensive and anything that might not be there, he's always ready and willing to help those with questions/problems.

Between this, the BLM lights mod, the real mirrors mod, and a few others, AC definitely still has some life in 'er, that's for sure!

Thanks Jason! Very much appreciated!
    Tim Collier

I have to agree with Jason, CM is a great program and worth what ever amount people decide to donate. The SOL add-on is a pain to install but once done well worth the effort.
    Dave Slee (DaveS) #38

Made a donation to Content Manager's author and received my key!

Thinking about it this morning, it's more than how much I'll use it, it's also supporting someone who's doing great work for sim racers everywhere!
    Tim Collier

This sounds awesome but can it be used during league events here? My sense is it likely causes issues....

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    This sounds awesome but can it be used during league events here? My sense is it likely causes issues....
    Currently, no. Supposedly, that might change in the near future.
    It won't cause you online issues though. There are a few weathers you can use online without issue, the rest can (currently) only be used offline.

(I'm pretty sure Peter goes over all this and more in the manual that comes along with the download)