Thread: UGears F-9 model build

Default UGears F-9 model build

Hi All,

Thought you guys might like this build thread from one of my Christmas presents- a UGears U-9. This is a laser-cut wooden model, measures about a foot long when complete. No glue whatsoever, all pieces either snap together or are pinned or pegged. The precision was impressive- other than some fine sanding to remove the nubs, everything fit together remarkably well, with very tight tolerances. Sandpaper and a pack of toothpicks were included, all I needed was an exacto (to cut the toothpicks for pegs) and a tea candle, which was used to rub wax onto moving parts that needed lubrication. The build took me about 7-8 hours altogether. Even the manual was nice high-quality paper and did a nice job of visual instruction. Patience, of course, is required- and the ability to focus on close-up objects is definitely a plus!

I'm very happy with the whole thing. The same company makes several other models- got my eye on a locomotive and tender for next year!

-------------------------------
    Michael Kolar (aka Hutch)

That is so cool Michael, great work.
    Dave Slee (DaveS) #38

That is WAAAYYY COOL Michael! I really like stuff like this. Thanks for sharing.

I know what my next Google search will be!

That's so cool Michael!! Thanks for letting us in on it, and should you do any others you better post pics!
    Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1

Amazing, this is just so cool.

my personal motorsports blog

That's really neat!
    I got a Ugears Roadster VM-01 for Christmas. I haven't even opened it yet. To be honest, I'm more of a Lego guy. But after seeing this thread, I'm a lot more interested in it now. If I actually get it together, I'll post a pick of the experience.
    Thanks Michael!

Very cool Michael. I'll have to drop a few hint around the house for Fathers Day.
    ôLife isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning how to dance in the rain"

Michael (and everyone else)....have you seen this Kickstarter?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...e=34dsa.fnd.to

It has made it far beyond it's goal, and there's some great models here. If you jump in with the Kickstarter pledge, you can get the models at a discount!

Here's just a few to check out:

Tim Collier

It's not how fast you can go, but how long you can go fast!

| CPU: i7-9700k @ 3.6Ghz (4.9GHz Turbo) | GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB | MOBO: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6 | RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 | SSD: Samsung 970EVO 512GB
    | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G2 1000W | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Wheel: Fanatec CSL Base/Formula Wheel | Pedals: Fanatec V3 Clubsport | Monitor: DELL S2716DG 27" G-Sync Monitor @2560x1440 144Hz | Oculus Rift CV1