Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AMS (Automobilista) - Help, Support & Tips

Just realized that screenshot I posted of my Nvidia Inspector settings is not completely correct.
    Going back and forth with the DSR global settings and I think I ended up reverting that AMS profile somewhat.
    Everything remains the same, save the AA settings. I'm actually using 'x4MS' and nothing else (second from lowest value in AMS config)....no SGSS when using the DSR factors.

So if anyone was to happen to see that and try to replicate it for testing on their own rig, might want to double check those aspects of it. (I'm too lazy to repost the screen with correct info this morning, so just have to live with it and shoot from the hip )

Now I have a head ache. Thanks Gilles.
    I Set the DSR to 4 and left the Smoothing at 33%, with a resolution of 3840 2160, set in the config tool for Automobilista.
    I also turned on Vsync and triple buffering in the game specific section of the 3D manager(Program Settings tab), because my frame rates were fluctuating sometimes below 60 after turning on DSR (I had to create a profile for Automobilista because there wasn't one). So far in testing it has never dropped below 60 after making that change.
    A simple adjustment for a simple minded person like me. LOL.
    Those simple adjusments made a world of difference. I'll post some pictures later.
    P.S. The DSR setting had absolutely no effect on Rfactor 2 or AC.
    Last edited by Joe Miller; 12-26-2018 at 02:42 PM.

To me it didnt made so much difference. Single monitor, not 4k, not that big either.
    Question now is how I turn DSR off?! Not using Inspector. Only Control Panel.
    After activate the DSR, I have a minimim scale of 1.2 to select, but no turn it off option.

Nvidia Control Panel, Manage 3D settings, Global Settings tab

nvidia-control-panel-3d-settings-optimization-guide/
    Last edited by Joe Miller; 12-26-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    To me it didnt made so much difference. Single monitor, not 4k, not that big either.
    Question now is how I turn DSR off?! Not using Inspector. Only Control Panel.
    After activate the DSR, I have a minimim scale of 1.2 to select, but no turn it off option.
    Just uncheck the boxes and it's off.
    Each one is for a different resolution (dependent on your native resolution)
    You can even click them all on. Then when you open the AMS launcher, you'll have a bunch of different resolutions available to select that you didn't have before.

You did run the AMS config file, after setting the DSR factors, and altered your resolution for AMS, didn't you?
    If not, you weren't utilizing the feature. You were still in your native resolution.

Yes, I did changed the resolution for both my full Windows or just for AMS.
    Problem is, Im using a ultrawide single monitor, and anything above my recomended resolution (2560x1080) that is activated, the Windows stuff gets blurry, not working quite well.
    I tried change resolution only for AMS, as I said, but it crashed. The resolution didnt changed but where I click with the mouse was not precise...so, it didnt worked quite well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Just uncheck the boxes and it's off.
    That was it. Thanks!
    Last edited by AngeloRacer; 12-26-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Yes, I did changed the resolution for both my full Windows or just for AMS.
    Problem is, Im using a ultrawide single monitor, and anything above my recomended resolution (2560x1080) that is activated, the Windows stuff gets blurry, not working quite well.
    I tried change resolution only for AMS, as I said, but it crashed. The resolution didnt changed but where I click with the mouse was not precise...so, it didnt worked quite well for me.
    I understand.

For ultra wide monitors, you may need to find a resolution that will work for you (and that is possible).....you'll probably need to read up on it a bit.
    What monitor do you have, and maybe I can find something that will help you?

5120x2160.....that is the resolution you selected in AMS?

This thread may be of use to you, Angelo.
    Last edited by Jason Whited; 12-26-2018 at 06:52 PM.

No, that is the maximum scale resolution possible. I was a bit bellow that. I think for the option 2.00x scale.
    I tend to use the same resolution for both Windows and the games. Had some bad experiences when some games change the native resolution, like CTDs and etc.
    Last edited by AngeloRacer; 12-26-2018 at 07:00 PM.

No, that is the maximum scale resolution possible. I was a bit bellow that. I think for the option 2.00x scale.
    And that is causing incorrect aspect ratio.
    You should check the 4.00x option, then see what resolutions are available in the AMS config file.

Matter of fact, this all works best if you find the res that is equivalent to 4k on your monitor.
    I've read that using anything less can cause things to look worse than native, not better. A few had success with lower res...but mostly it was the former.

.....what size and aspect ratio is your monitor?

ETA: Do you run AMS in full screen?

My monitor is a 29'' LG Ultrawide, 75hz. Not really a big deal.
    Im using AMS, with the config tool checked in "Windowed". Because with the full screen mode sometimes I had crashes while using ALT+TAB.

For both Windows and AMS, it appears only one option above the native resolution with the scale 4.00x activated, that is 5120x2160. No others.