Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: AMS (Automobilista) - Help, Support & Tips

Yup that thread is good Jason,

Jonathan, are you using a different "d3d9.dll" ?

What are you running ? Stock AMS ?

Are the Instant Replay on ?
    Mine are on, will check with it at off later.

I'm going through that thread and every post has something to try like Jonathan, when was the last time you reinstalled DirectX ?

And how do you start AMS ?
    Me, if I start it with an desktop icon, that Steam is running or not (Steam would then start), it's always troublesome. If I start it from the Play button in Steam... runs nice.
    Last edited by Gilles Lalonde; 02-25-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Sorry for not responding earlier. I have been having issues (or so I thought) with rF2 also since yesterday and that took the front seat last night. Around midnight I got back into AMS-Hockenheim issue. Gilles I can give you quick answers just to be on the record although looks like I fixed my problem.
    1- No different d3d9.dll (but I think this is the culprit !)
    2- I'm running stock AMS with 5 DLCs
    3- Yes replay is always on, but I will turn it off to see if it is causing memory capping issues (but I doubt it)
    4- Always start Steam games from Steam menu.
    5- Never re-installed DirectX drivers. These used to come with Nvidia drivers but recent years I have been updating my GPX card drivers via Nvidia GeForce Experience panel and never had problem with it.

So I did read up on that forum thread Jason posted (thx for that by the way Jason), and immediately DynHUD problem made sense as TrackMap used to cause similar problems to some users. So I did just switched back to
    base HUD in the game menu and seems my flashing/stutter problem is fixed now. Tried the soft tires and set 3rd fastest time last night, visuals definitely make difference on one's performance. Since I'm home today I will try
    DSR one more time and practice. By the way I don't know if I really have to remove d3d9_dll or modify it to permanently disable DynHUD?
    __The view is great from moral high ground__

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Uyan View Post
    By the way I don't know if I really have to remove d3d9_dll or modify it to permanently disable DynHUD?
    Should be enough to disable it in the AMS config I'd imagine.
    When I had it enabled back when I first started using AMS, I had similar issues (micro stutters, though never any strain on hardware and couldn't see it in the framerates...it was "just there")....disabling it fixed that and I haven't messed with the d3d9_dll.
    I thought a later update said the dynHUD issues were solved, but apparently not completely it seems, so I guess some of that old info IS still relevant after all.

Default Set up for Logitech G27 wheel ?

I'm trying to get my rig all set up to return to the new series. I'm having a heck of a time setting up Logitech G27 wheel so it has force feedback. Anyone help me and send my your settings ?

Quote Originally Posted by oldnslo View Post
    I'm trying to get my rig all set up to return to the new series. I'm having a heck of a time setting up Logitech G27 wheel so it has force feedback. Anyone help me and send my your settings ?
    I can post my settings later this evening.
    Last edited by Joe Miller; 05-10-2019 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnslo View Post
    Start with the basics.
    You have the drivers for your wheel, and can access the logitech wheel profiler menu?
    I think this is the driver you would be after, if you don't have it already. Logitech driver
    A simple way to see this...go to start menu, type in "USB"....look for "setup USB game controllers". Click it, and a list of your controllers should show. Click the one for the wheel and go into the properties.

Overall effect is a personal choice. Some recommend to set it at 100% and adjust further in game in the sliders for ffb. Some adjust to about 75% (like myself, with a Thrustmaster wheel) because I think 100% is hard on the wheel. I adjust further in game for preference.

Spring and damper effects should be set to 0%.

Other settings are straightforward and you can adjust and research adjustments as you see fit.

In game, you will need to load the wheel profile. So you go into controls...
    Should look something like this

You need to set the "force feedback type" to "wheel"
    Don't enable custom steering range. Pure 360hz is ideal.
    "FFB low force boost" is to eliminate any "dead zone" at the center of the wheel. Adjust to fit, mess with it a bit and you'll see what it does.

...some other things, but that'll get you started, and get the ffb coming through wheel in game.

Hope that helps.

Thanks , I'll give it a try.

Thanks , I can use all the help I can get.

Here are my G27 settings. You can tweak to you liking.

Here is a good link for an explanation of some of the settings.Automobilista - How the FFB works and what is new about it.

Also if you click on Manual instead of Play when starting from Steam, there are some recommendations for the Logitec Profiler.

Hi Bob,

You might want to look at one of my blog post, it's not too complicated... sure there are a few things that might require some further reading but it might be of some help to you:

https://cmsracing.com/champion/forum...-Automobilista

---

(I have a big Active Directory to Azure 365 migration contract right now... I'm have no time...)
    I own crappy boxes... well you know what? 16gigs of 1866 HyperX FURY on a Asus P7P55 LX with an i7-860 running a used GTX970 4GD5T OC on an new AOC Q2963 21:9 screen... I'm doing way better! I even got myself a barely used G29! But I still endlessly mod rFactor...