Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 NARS Winter Sprints - Test Race - Botniaring - Driver Briefing

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    What clear the download cache does, exactly? Its just some lost files from previous downloads or it deletes all my downloaded itens?
    Because I did that, and now Im about 1h30m and still downloading workshop itens...
    Steam settings > clear download cache?

Ah...I bet the workshop stuff is separate because of those updates Don mentioned above. ...or some other unrelated reason.
    Clearing download cache should just do it's thing, Steam restarts, you log in, and go about your business.

Steam finally downloaded the update from today. I do have 10 GT3 cars. I even did a file verification and everything checks out ok. I finally got my modmanager working and everything shows installed. Still can't join the server. Package not available.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Beck View Post
    Steam finally downloaded the update from today. I do have 10 GT3 cars. I even did a file verification and everything checks out ok. I finally got my modmanager working and everything shows installed. Still can't join the server. Package not available.
    That's because of the updates. Server side, it's not ready yet.
    Don said he'll work on it in a bit when he's home, get it sorted.
    You sound good to go on your end, I'd wait him out, then test again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Whited View Post
    Steam settings > clear download cache?

Ah...I bet the workshop stuff is separate because of those updates Don mentioned above. ...or some other unrelated reason.
    Clearing download cache should just do it's thing, Steam restarts, you log in, and go about your business.
    Thatīs what you get for try to fix something that is not broken.
    Yes, that was the path.
    Up until now is downloading workshop itens, and the great thing is I cant follow the progress, so I dont know if is really doing it.
    Something broke on my rF2 installation.

Quote Originally Posted by AngeloRacer View Post
    Thatīs what you get for try to fix something that is not broken.
    Yes, that was the path.
    Up until now is downloading workshop itens, and the great thing is I cant follow the progress, so I dont know if is really doing it.
    Something broke on my rF2 installation.
    I recommend you read the thread I posted a link to earlier.
    Here it is again.

I know it's a different issue, but I can assure you clearing your Steam download cache didn't break anything. I do it every single time I add any mod, or any updates happen to the sim. It's just clearing download file stuff from Steam, so probably stuff that tells it to install and whatnot (I don't know, I don't get that technical with it...lol)

The problem could have arose from the rF2 updates today. I don't know, I haven't tried starting the game today.
    It's be my guess long before clearing your download cache was, if I was searching for whatever happened/is happening.

Have you run that second GT3 car pack (the newest one) or did you just get and install it now?

I don't know about your internet speeds or how long the workshop stuff should take, but it certainly shouldn't take this long.
    Even starting from scratch, it's hard pressed to take that long, with a lot of mods, but again...internet speeds, so not sure.

It persists and still seems like it's in some download loop or something (not doing as it should, but doing something weird) I'd probably kill it, restart Steam, reopen and see what happens. Though, you might not want to, because if it is doing as intended because of whatever updates (I really wish they'd notify what updates are sometimes) and you kill it now, it probably has to start all over. So be forewarned, your choice

Server has been updated with the latest updates and back online.
    Just left and there were 3 of us on already so server appears to be fine.

As a FYI and an aid to troubleshoot if you have troubles getting on the server.
    In Modmgr you should see the follow versions of the GT3's:
    Aston Martin - 1.00 & 1.01
    Audi - 1.06 & 1.07
    BMW - 1.00 & 1.01
    Bentley - 2.30 & 2.31
    Callaway - 2.32 & 2.33
    McLaren 650 - 2.24 & 2.25
    McLaren 720 - 1.20 & 1.21
    Mercedes - 2.30 & 2.31
    Porsche - 1.16 & 1.17
    Radical - 2.30 & 2.31

That is until they do another update

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

All ok now. Joined with no problems.

Do we need to choose a car? Corvette #77 for me.
    Scott Beck
    Rothmans Racing
    MNRL
    NARS
    GBR

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Beck View Post
    All ok now. Joined with no problems.

Do we need to choose a car? Corvette #77 for me.
    Glad to hear that you can get on the server now.
    But shame on you!! You didn't read the opening post!!
    For this series you can use any car you want at each event, 9 events 10 different cars.... too many choices.
    Better go back and read the opening post because there some other surprises in there

Never let up for a second....or that may be where you finish!

9. Default

yegawds

Thanks Don for trouble shooting all that nonsense. rF2 seems to me to continue spiralling.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Atkinson View Post
    yegawds

Thanks Don for trouble shooting all that nonsense. rF2 seems to me to continue spiralling.
    Now, now.
    We were warned these updates would happen throughout the month (probably next few months, actually) as they update core stuffs for the PBR shaders stuff, etc etc etc.

Just a hiccup. Certainly no indicator that rF2 is spiraling.

Jesus, I'm starting to sound like others who would tell me the above every time I'd bitch about rF2 troubles. lol lol.
    ...goes around, comes around...and here we are again.

rF2 just keeps getting better (in terms of feel and simulation)....but yeah, they really need to get on the ball with some things if they intend to keep a user base around.
    Guys jumping ship by the day it seems. And, I can't blame em...not everyone has hours to sit around and fiddle with this stuff. And half the time, if one doesn't spend hours fiddling, it's useless because 100 different issues that arise. PIA.